Inbound Problem Solvers

I was offered a position as an inbound problem solver recently. What should I expect? What would be the major differences from being an inbound warehouse worker In terms of job duties and also being in a merit position?

Any “exceptions” will go through you. Such as invalid POs, misships, barcode issues, etc. You’ll have to fill out paperwork and enter it all on the computer for HQ to decide on a resolution and then once they do, you’ll have to process it. Keep track of everything that has been sent to HQ and how long you’ve been waiting to know when to escalate it. I think there’s a part of it that’s working with vendors as far as them sending more than was ordered, not sending EDI info, etc.
The rest will probably vary at the onset based on what OMs decide is important. I don’t believe unloading trailers is part of the job though.

Merit also means you start getting paid as soon as you punch in, not at your normal start time. So while progression TMs can punch in 10min early, merit TMs are supposed to be within 3 minutes, at least at my DC, since 10min would turn into 40min of OT.
The difference in expectation is that you know your job well and come up with ways to improve it. Make sure you keep track of everything you do “above and beyond” normal job duties, it’ll come in handy when you review yourself next year. Yes, you’ll have to review yourself.

Merit also means you start getting paid as soon as you punch in, not at your normal start time. So while progression TMs can punch in 10min early, merit TMs are supposed to be within 3 minutes, at least at my DC, since 10min would turn into 40min of OT.
The difference in expectation is that you know your job well and come up with ways to improve it. Make sure you keep track of everything you do “above and beyond” normal job duties, it’ll come in handy when you review yourself next year. Yes, you’ll have to review yourself.
this is actually really good advise, I was use to having self reviews from my previous company and having to type it all into workday for my bosses to review. If you aren't use to this type of process start a word document where you can keep a list of all of your accomplishments. Upload the document to your OneDrive or your DC's shared drive, DO NOT keep it on the pc you use, if they have to reformat it you will loose that info.
They will/should give you a template to use for your self review, but if it's anything like the one I received this year, than its garbage. I had to help several Merit TM's this year who weren't use to this process, it will be much easier if you keep a list and you will be thanking InboundDCguy around this time next year.

Back