Archived Incident report

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so today I was putting baskets away and someone slipped.i was called into the office and asked what happened in said I did not see anything.they went to the video and said you looked right at the person.I told them I zoneed out.I serious don't remember ever looking at the person I was going a million miles in hour today.will I get fired? Had I saw that person fall I would have called for backup.

OK so today I was putting baskets away and someone slipped.i was called into the office and asked what happened in said I did not see anything.they went to the video and said you looked right at the person.I told them I zoneed out.I serious don't remember ever looking at the person I was going a million miles in hour today.will I get fired? Had I saw that person fall I would have called for backup.
You won't get fired. Most likely a coaching. Just remember when something like this happens you need to get on walkie and say LOD CODE GREEN and give the location. Say this three times. Assist the guest the best way possible until ERT arrives on scene. If the situation warrants call 911.

Who the hell watches someone fall down, and doesn't register some kind of emotion or reaction in their head? Especially at work? Why are you such a difficult person to work with? They just need a witness to explain what they saw, and you have to be difficult about it.

Who the hell watches someone fall down, and doesn't register some kind of emotion or reaction in their head? Especially at work? Why are you such a difficult person to work with? They just need a witness to explain what they saw, and you have to be difficult about it.
If the OP didn't register anything then the op didn't register anything. How in the blue hell is that being difficult. Being honest is not being difficult.

If the OP didn't register anything then the op didn't register anything. How in the blue hell is that being difficult. Being honest is not being difficult.

I hope I never become that brain dead.

I hope I never become that brain dead.

If you're coming off of the heels of a long shift, I can totally understand how that can happen. I also have the tendency to space out, and it's not that unusual. He isn't being difficult, it sounds like he's just telling the truth.

Yeah I was working nearly 12 hours.I don't usually space out at work but I did this time.

I doubt you even get a coaching for it. You either saw it or you didn't. They just wanted a witness for the report. Unless they literally fell in front of you and you stepped over them.

If they have it on video I don't see what the issue would be. Can't be coached off cameras anyway.

Cut the dude some slack.

I can sort of understand not registering the importance of the fall especially if it was a quick drop and get up.
What I hate to tell you is that you have pretty much killed any chance of getting cross trained to another department.
Every time you suggest the idea HR is going to think "this is the guy who didn't notice someone falling down, what else will he not notice?".

I doubt you even get a coaching for it. You either saw it or you didn't. They just wanted a witness for the report. Unless they literally fell in front of you and you stepped over them.

If they have it on video I don't see what the issue would be. Can't be coached off cameras anyway.

Cut the dude some slack.
For conduct you can. Not reporting a code green is conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back