Increase in abandons

Has anyone noticed that since this whole pandemic started an increase in abandoned items left laying all over the store? I have found people are just leaving whole arm fulls of stuff in the aisles etc. I wonder what causes this.

I was told by a team member they found a guest trying on clothes in the mirror aisles in home and left all unwanted clothes on the floor.

I was at Walmart a week ago to pick up an online order. I had intended to do some shopping too. It was way more crowded and crazy than I expected (I expected it to be like my Target store but it wasn't) and I practically had a panic attack with all the people getting way to close to me so I left my cart and left.

Oh yeah, they are still finding abandons everywhere, though maybe a bit less than before. Even with the fitting rooms closed and no returns, we are still getting reshop in Style, and most areas.

Along with limiting the number of guests, we should have a periodic reminder of a temporary "no loitering in or outside the store" for the coronavirus quarantine period. This would reduce people hanging out simply to get out of the house, while others might have to wait at the door for these loitering times to ring up their purchases (if any) and get out. These aren't normal times....

I was at Walmart a week ago to pick up an online order. I had intended to do some shopping too. It was way more crowded and crazy than I expected (I expected it to be like my Target store but it wasn't) and I practically had a panic attack with all the people getting way to close to me so I left my cart and left.

To quote a TL circa Holidays 2001, "Just be grateful we aren't working at Walmart."

i don't know if i would be willing to brave a walmart in the current climate for fear of exactly the scene you described.

Oh yeah, they are still finding abandons everywhere, though maybe a bit less than before. Even with the fitting rooms closed and no returns, we are still getting reshop in Style, and most areas.
Yes. Especially in front of the mirrors. Which means people are trying stuff on 😡😡 I try to warn people that they're closed before they get to the back and dump their crap.

Back