Archived Instock people

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggygirl10

Instocks TM
Today the instock task list was all sorts of messed up. It wanted us to research stuff we usually never research on Tuesday, even some areas that were researched yesterday. Anyone else have that problem? I didn't see anything on workbench.

stupid rules- I checked workbench under the instocks category didn't see anything. Wonder if I am looking in the wrong spot. What did it say?

And areas that are usually researched on Wednesdays. It's part of the new program. You will gradually see more research and less outs.

They are testing out a 'new' system until the 16th when it goes back to normal, until then there will be increased research. Something along those lines, I only browsed it because I had a terribly busy day.
(Long story short they will sooner or later be phasing out OUTS for research.)

Today the instock task list was all sorts of messed up. It wanted us to research stuff we usually never research on Tuesday, even some areas that were researched yesterday. Anyone else have that problem? I didn't see anything on workbench.

OMG! Yes, we had the same thing. We checked workbench also - nothing. There were more than 500 tasks for 2 of us to do. The trailer push didn't have an area completed and backstocked by 7 so we couldn't even begin right away. What a cluster! Our ETL had no idea what was going on so we just went with it.

Two ways. The first is because I know that anytime there is an issue with something I should check message boards, mysupport, etc. and the second is an email I got telling me about the change.

Two ways. The first is because I know that anytime there is an issue with something I should check message boards, mysupport, etc. and the second is an email I got telling me about the change.

Curious about who the email was from. My ETL had NO clue. I don't normally check my support, but check workbench every day. Should I be looking at my support every day?

MySupport -> Hot Issues. There was something about the InStocks Task List.

So today we needed to scan outs in stand alone outs as per instruction. Everyone was having a fit because the batches dropped in as "exf" batches.

There is a specific set of instructions depending if you are a research only test store or not(if you are your ETL's should have recieved specific instructions). Otherwise use stand alone outs if no outs tasks are in your task list and do research according to your usual research schedule (if your research tasks are higher than normal use the task list but only scan areas you normally scan that day,if your research tasks are less than normal use stand alone research to complete the areas you normally scan that day) RIGS and PTM tasks should be done as normal as per best practices. Hopes this helps with the confusion.

Thanks for the heads up on the mySupport. I looked brilliant this morning. You would think that this info might have been given in a more universal way and before we all had to call 9-1-1 for the heart attacks after seeing the number of research tasks. Oh well.

To be honest...I have no idea. I'm not InStocks anymore I just heard it at the huddle. I think they're trying something that has them do research every day in every department.

Oh yes Walruses please share if possible or any other research only store. Any specifics or patterns where research gets done to specific departments more than once a week will indicate where the process is going in the future. My store does Frozen/Dairy trucks on Mon/Wed/Fri so research 3 times a week before the 1:00 cutoff makes perfect sense if you want to have enough product to make it through a busy weekend. Grocery consumables should also be the same. My other concern would be the speed of outs scans as your backstop to flow misses on merchandise is more effective than research unless your a willing to sacrifice accuracy. Outs on weekends only would make sense and RIG batches are more work than you get in return.

Research-only store here. Our team is having a TON of issues with attendance right now, but when people actually show up and when backstock and push is actually completed, it's entirely up to us what we scan. I don't recall receiving any direction at all from corporate on what we're supposed to scan when. We originally attempted to follow the original research schedule, but we frequently have issues with departments not being ready to scan, plus our flow team doesn't follow the research schedule when pushing anyways, so following that schedule wasn't feasible. After we figured that out, I created a communication binder for our team, with weekly checklists for each department so we can keep track of what we've scanned. Personally, I focus on anything prominently featured in the ad and any sections where a lot of stuff is on sale (for example, last week all the kids bedding was on sale, so I hit that up first thing Sunday, and double checked for new raincheck ops once a day). After that's done, I'll scan anything I can, since frequently there are areas that aren't both backstocked and pushed. If somehow all departments are ready to be scanned, I check the communication binder and see what hasn't been done recently and start there. Our store doesn't use outs at all anymore, except for doing five scans once a week to preserve the metric.

Research-only store here. Our team is having a TON of issues with attendance right now, but when people actually show up and when backstock and push is actually completed, it's entirely up to us what we scan. I don't recall receiving any direction at all from corporate on what we're supposed to scan when. We originally attempted to follow the original research schedule, but we frequently have issues with departments not being ready to scan, plus our flow team doesn't follow the research schedule when pushing anyways, so following that schedule wasn't feasible. After we figured that out, I created a communication binder for our team, with weekly checklists for each department so we can keep track of what we've scanned. Personally, I focus on anything prominently featured in the ad and any sections where a lot of stuff is on sale (for example, last week all the kids bedding was on sale, so I hit that up first thing Sunday, and double checked for new raincheck ops once a day). After that's done, I'll scan anything I can, since frequently there are areas that aren't both backstocked and pushed. If somehow all departments are ready to be scanned, I check the communication binder and see what hasn't been done recently and start there. Our store doesn't use outs at all anymore, except for doing five scans once a week to preserve the metric.

We have FINALLY got our Flow TL to get on board with pushing research areas first (after food, of course since it is always FOOD FIRST - /sarcasm/ - unless you're zoning, FIFO-ing or anything else) and the backroom backstocking those areas first as well. It has made a tremendous difference to have this cooperation/collaboration. Do you actually finish the task list daily and does this mean that every single item that doesn't come in is researched daily until it does?

I know we did Jewelry Tuesday AND Thursday. It seems like there is no particular rhyme or reason to what appears on the task list each day. If so, they aren't telling us why so it seems random. I know that the amount of daily tasks has skyrocketed. Yesterday it was above 600 tasks.

We are a research-only store here too, D-volume ULV store. We don't scan outs either except enough to preserve it as well. We just complete RIGs in the tasklist and then scan non-dotted outs in stand alone research on non-truck days and once a week all outs get scanned in stand alone, I'm told we are frequently a test store, is anyone else following something like this? j/w

We have FINALLY got our Flow TL to get on board with pushing research areas first (after food, of course since it is always FOOD FIRST - /sarcasm/ - unless you're zoning, FIFO-ing or anything else) and the backroom backstocking those areas first as well. It has made a tremendous difference to have this cooperation/collaboration. Do you actually finish the task list daily and does this mean that every single item that doesn't come in is researched daily until it does?

I've tried to get them to change which departments they push first, but our STL wants consumables done first no matter what. Thankfully it no longer truly matters what they push first, because it's impossible to get anywhere with our STL. We only do the RIGs in the task list and ignore everything else, and we only scan dotted outs once a week. In theory, we should be able to scan the entire store at least once a week, but between hours being slashed and obnoxious attendance problems from the other instocks TM, we're averaging scanning one department per week and some weeks we don't even scan anything. It's good times, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back