Archived Instocks TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we don't have a merchandising brand team member? Our store is tiny, and I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person outside of TLs who knows how to shoot research.
Well if you're shooting the tables in softlines, you don't need to set up rainchecks on them. The only areas that need rainchecks (and substitutions) in softlines are:

Kids basics (underwear, socks, bras etc)
Mens basics
Hoisery (not lingerie)
Infant Hardlines
Luggage (in my store luggage is in softlines)

It is exactly how everyone else does it. I have no idea why Hardlinesmaster thinks this a cheat, or makes the raincheck process anyway easier. I've been through this before with him, he'll keep trying to explain about using item search when doing rainchecks, when there's no need to, just making you more confused.

THAT ************ IS HILARIOUS!!! I felt like I was the idiot because I couldn't understand his explanation. But like everybody is saying, you have to toggle through a million different applications to set up a raincheck, especially when shooting outs.

Maybe Hardlinesmasters is making fun of ETLs in a roundabout way, like whenever you point out a problem and then they spot out nonsense like it's a team effort offer rainchecks to guests make sales blah blah!

I have a real cheat for setting up rainchecks in case anyone wants a shortcut (sorta)...

This doesn't make setting up rainchecks any faster, but if you are worried about push integrity/backstock not getting done or any other issues where the items have OH numbers but are no where to be found, you can just stand alone research the item, but when you scan it and it asks how many you see, just void the scan! The LRD for raincheck setup updates as soon as you scan the item (not when you enter the quantity) so you could go around doing that to all your ad outs so it makes it right for the guest and saves all your numbers in the process! Obviously, if you don't think that we have it you should zero it out, but in my store the logistics process is pretty bad and often times the product shows up off location in the backroom after a few minutes of searching so I will go this route and just write down the ones missing and look for them later...

I have a real cheat for setting up rainchecks in case anyone wants a shortcut (sorta)...

This doesn't make setting up rainchecks any faster, but if you are worried about push integrity/backstock not getting done or any other issues where the items have OH numbers but are no where to be found, you can just stand alone research the item, but when you scan it and it asks how many you see, just void the scan! The LRD for raincheck setup updates as soon as you scan the item (not when you enter the quantity) so you could go around doing that to all your ad outs so it makes it right for the guest and saves all your numbers in the process! Obviously, if you don't think that we have it you should zero it out, but in my store the logistics process is pretty bad and often times the product shows up off location in the backroom after a few minutes of searching so I will go this route and just write down the ones missing and look for them later...

At my store the flow team is slow enough that if I were to wait until they pushed an area before I researched it, I would get absolutely nothing done before 11 am. So I do a similar thing if I am researching an area before all freight has been pushed. If there's no backroom/multiple locations, and the homelocation is empty but there are like 6,8,12,24 etc, I just void the scan with out changing it to zero.

invictustaylor;Maybe Hardlinesmasters is making fun of ETLs in a roundabout way said:
I do the raincheck & show my team how to do it. So that, it helps guest surveys, sales, & raincheck scores.

tehe, thats what I meant in one of my prior posts where I said "If that's not possible I just don't change the number under research.". It really surprises me how many people didn't know this at my store!!! To be fair, only people who know anything about In Stocks is our team and TL. The rest of our TLs and ETLs are close to clueless; I've given up on trying to get them to understand. lol.

That seems......dumb. lol

Yeah a bunch of the stores in my district are like this. I don't understand why they changed it when we had our remodel. Would have made a lot more sense to keep it in sporting goods..especially since we're low volume for luggage I would think they wouldn't want to "hide" the section but meh, it's okay.. it's only three aisles and takes maybe 5 minutes to research. :)

Last edited:
There's a GSTL who is clueless about research. Yes, the lanes are half empty. But if there is still product on the other lanes, and nothing in the back, there is nothing that can be done. Just have the cashiers move the product to the other lanes. That will make the lanes look full. But again, the GSTL does not see this.

Another thing some team members don't understand is what exactly instock team members are doing when they are going up and down the aisles.

There's a GSTL who is clueless about research. Yes, the lanes are half empty. But if there is still product on the other lanes, and nothing in the back, there is nothing that can be done. Just have the cashiers move the product to the other lanes. That will make the lanes look full. But again, the GSTL does not see this.
Another thing some team members don't understand is what exactly instock team members are doing when they are going up and down the aisles.
I hope your instocks team scans the front end. If not, make a suggestion to them.

I hope your instocks team scans the front end. If not, make a suggestion to them.

No, what he is saying is that the product needs to be re-distributed through all the lanes instead of all of it being on one or two. If you aren't out of stock or missing any facings (13 registers = 13 of the product) then you don't shoot it. If they want more, they can shoot it under EXF. It's not the In Stocks team job to ALSO zone to be absolutely sure there isn't just 12 of something.

We have the same issue at my store. Flow / cashiers / vendors only like to push to the first couple of registers. I got them super zoning it on sunday nights now though.

I don't even shoot research in the front end for precisely this reason. If they want their front end to look nice, they have to take care of it.

@WALRUSES; according to new Target InStocks rules, we HAVE TO SHOOT INSTOCKS UNDER TASK LISTS, no more shooting under Stand Alone. Our store got busted hard for it by the DTL, so no more shooting under SA. alll under the task lists.
and that goes especially for softlines, really intimates.

just an FYI for all you Instock TMs out there!

:)

This doesn't apply to me because I work at a store currently testing ONLY using standalone research, but do you know the rationale behind this? What if you have extra time and want to shoot extra aisles?

@WALRUSES; according to new Target InStocks rules, we HAVE TO SHOOT INSTOCKS UNDER TASK LISTS, no more shooting under Stand Alone. Our store got busted hard for it by the DTL, so no more shooting under SA. alll under the task lists.
and that goes especially for softlines, really intimates.

just an FYI for all you Instock TMs out there!

:)

That's probably just your district. The only issue you'd get from shooting too much in stand alone is that you're percentage of "tasks inside the list" or whatever would not be green. Toggling over for a few aisles every so often wouldn't be a large enough difference to effect that metric.

Also, like I was saying about Softlines.. tables do not show up in the InStocks Task List. So, by default you HAVE to scan the tables in Stand-Alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back