Archived Instocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scheduled for instocks next week but I have no idea what it is or what I do. What is it exactly?

Different instocks TMs do different things. I got recruited to do instocks for a couple weeks and basically I got there an hour or two before the store opened and shot research/exf batches for empty spaces on endcaps and sidecaps. Someone else hit the aisles. Then we went to the back room and pulled any of those batches the back room TMs hadn't gotten to yet. Then we pushed those items out to their destinations.

That was probably the only time our battery sidecaps got any attention.

Different instocks TMs do different things. I got recruited to do instocks for a couple weeks and basically I got there an hour or two before the store opened and shot research/exf batches for empty spaces on endcaps and sidecaps. Someone else hit the aisles. Then we went to the back room and pulled any of those batches the back room TMs hadn't gotten to yet. Then we pushed those items out to their destinations.

I am impressed that you guys pull your own batches orat least help and push them. Our in stock team all huddle down the same aisle on top of one another trying to scan things...they never help pull it and push it....forget about that .

I'm scheduled for instocks next week but I have no idea what it is or what I do. What is it exactly?
Its a combination of doing inventory (checking and updating item counts) and making sure the shelves are full (filling endcaps, flexing over discontinued product0 and stuff like that. There's also a lot of frustration as you really get to see how little people know how to push.

There's also a lot of frustration. So, so much frustration.

I am impressed that you guys pull your own batches orat least help and push them. Our in stock team all huddle down the same aisle on top of one another trying to scan things...they never help pull it and push it....forget about that .
Instocks at our store only pulls or pushes our batches if the backroom and/or salesfloor is drowning, we're too busy trying to get most our stuff done on time each day. We also spread out and scan different areas of the store unless we're working on a project like pushing PTMs. An ETL had us scan the same 2 aisles together and it was the dumbest idea ever, tripping over each other and guests...

I don't know why our instocks team gets on the same aisle well actually they will be down two...half of the team down one valley the other half the next valley over. I am sure the etls, have a reason for it because they walk by them doing it all the time. I just wouldn't like working on top of someone like that

I don't know why our instocks team gets on the same aisle well actually they will be down two...half of the team down one valley the other half the next valley over. I am sure the etls, have a reason for it because they walk by them doing it all the time. I just wouldn't like working on top of someone like that

I want to know how they get anything done. Spread out, you scan more of the store. And why would you shoot end caps then come back and shoot in line? Double work and waste of time.

As we finish our lists we jump in the end of the biggest list left and meet them in the middle. And then go to the next team member and repeat until everyone is done.

We pull if backroom is behind, but we push pretty much all our own stuff. Except on weekends, one in-stocker so sales floor pushes our stuff while I scan right up to 11am.

Last edited:
So basically Instocks checks for empty/low product on shelfs and pushes that product to the shelf from the backroom?

I want to know how they get anything done. Spread out, you scan more of the store. And why would you shoot end caps then come back and shoot in line? Double work and waste of time.

As we finish our lists we jump in the end of the biggest list left and meet them in the middle. And then go to the next team member and repeat until everyone is done.

We pull if backroom is behind, but we push pretty much all our own stuff. Except on weekends, one in-stocker so sales floor pushes our stuff while I scan right up to 11am.
Our instocks teamdoesnt really push their own stuff...well I take that back...they will go back there and three of them will get one tub and piddle on it till time to go. So, if the salesfloor doesn't get the research pushed with the cars...it sits there...and if the next day is a non truck day...the backroom team ( which I am a part of ) has to put it with the auto fills which puts us farther behind on the daily backroom tasks

So basically Instocks checks for empty/low product on shelfs and pushes that product to the shelf from the backroom?
Keep in mind that they introduced a new instocks process a few months ago. And from what I get from this thread, it sounds like not all stores have switched over yet. So there might be a few things different here and there.

That and you might not actually be doing instocks, but just using their hours. Toy team this year was under instocks at my store and there's still somebody scheduled 2 hours each day just for toys. That and a couple weeks ago my store was scheduling people on 8hr instocks shifts for late afternoon-evening just to push autos or something. Though that might just be because apparently nobody at my store knows how to communicate who's been scheduled for what and why.

Our instocks teamdoesnt really push their own stuff...well I take that back...they will go back there and three of them will get one tub and piddle on it till time to go. So, if the salesfloor doesn't get the research pushed with the cars...it sits there...and if the next day is a non truck day...the backroom team ( which I am a part of ) has to put it with the auto fills which puts us farther behind on the daily backroom tasks

They need their asses kicked. That is just lazy to the core. Don't wonder why your store looks like crap.

Actually, I was one of the few that would bother pulling my own (and other instocks TMs) batches. I'm primarily a backroom TM, so I know how to pull the batches more efficiently than they would on their own. The main reason they don't pull their own batches is that they were never trained how to do so. It got to the point that I would tell them to run through and scan the aisles, and I would have their stuff on the line ready for them about as quickly as they could get to the back room.

I thought instocks couldn't be started before 9am.

Actual start times depend on the store. Our IS 'team' starts at 6 (The first thing they do is SDA but it doesn't take long) and they usually scan their entire shift.

Ours starts around 10a on truck days (trucks start at 6a) and 8 or 9 the rest of the week. Also we don't do the SDA.

I was handed 5 4x4's to do instead. I was only able to finish 3 of them and that was even after not taking both 15 min breaks.

We start at 6:35am when the list drops. Different stores start at different times due to truck times. I am overnight so we can start shooting when we find equipment.

So on our bathroom rugs aisle the counts on most are as follows: there are already 2 out on the shelf; full capacity. But when I scan. The OH count is 2, BUT there are 2 in the back, which is actually 4 total. How do I fix this correctly? I did this on some towels and it screwed the counts up and ended up doubling the count. Is it because there are some backstocked?

So on our bathroom rugs aisle the counts on most are as follows: there are already 2 out on the shelf; full capacity. But when I scan. The OH count is 2, BUT there are 2 in the back, which is actually 4 total. How do I fix this correctly? I did this on some towels and it screwed the counts up and ended up doubling the count. Is it because there are some backstocked?

Yes because there are some back stocked. It will still pull when they sell down. I wouldn't worry about this one.

Yes because there are some back stocked. It will still pull when they sell down. I wouldn't worry about this one.
Scan it in research. It will ask how many you see. Enter 2 (that is how many you see on the shelf). The count should update to the correct OH.

Scan it in research. It will ask how many you see. Enter 2 (that is how many you see on the shelf). The count should update to the correct OH.
And it will include the two in the back to make 4, correct?

Counts will not change if there is anything backstocked. That's one of the many filters in place to prevent mistakes. You would have to unlocate the product in the BR, wait 20 minutes, scan in stand alone research putting in 4, wait another 20 minutes, then relocate those 2 in the back. Sometimes it still doesent work and you have to try again the next day. Sometimes it's easier to send in a store count change request through MySupport. This sends a task to Price Change for them to count the items in all locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back