Archived Integrated guest service

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGS could work very well with a queueing line system ad opposed to a multi lane system.

One line, all registers in a row. Next customer is called to next available register, all cashiers function as both cashier and gs.

This is how it works at my store...in this area. Only a few cashiers are trained to work there, though. Keep in mind the GS/Registers 1-3 are somewhat separated by the rest of the lanes by a photo kiosk, wedding registery kiosks, ATM, trash/recycling canisters that all back up to a 3/4 height wall....still keeping sight lines of other registers but with a definite separation.

It's weird that there is still a guest service sign in the background lol

Why? That's where Guest Service is...why wouldn't there be a sign for it? Otherwise, how would people know where to go for returns/online pickup/etc.?

This is how it works at my store...in this area. Only a few cashiers are trained to work there, though. Keep in mind the GS/Registers 1-3 are somewhat separated by the rest of the lanes by a photo kiosk, wedding registery kiosks, ATM, trash/recycling canisters that all back up to a 3/4 height wall....still keeping sight lines of other registers but with a definite separation.

Why? That's where Guest Service is...why wouldn't there be a sign for it? Otherwise, how would people know where to go for returns/online pickup/etc.?
In the picture guest service is at the check lanes not where the large sign on the wall is...so it would actually be confusing for a guest

Are the photo kiosk & gift registry in the back of fan central?
Signs seem to indicate that.

In the picture guest service is at the check lanes not where the large sign on the wall is...so it would actually be confusing for a guest

I guess I don't understand what you are referring to...? In pic #1, the Guest Service sign is hanging above the area that functions as GS/checklanes. That's exactly how it looks in my store. And no, the photo kiosk and registry signs must not have been taken down bc that seems to be an error....

Only ever known IGS, I was hired during the remodel in which we changed to IGS. It works, you learn to be fast. My store switched to IGS when starbucks came in and stole the area our guest service used to be. We are not ULV.

Old Navy does.

Yeah and I think Kohl's does too. But those stores only sell clothes and a few other types of merchandise. Target sells everything. You really need a dedicated desk for a store like Target, IMO.

Old Navy does.

I worked for Old Navy and their returns are tiny compared to what Spot handles. A few pairs of jeans and all of it gets shoved into a couple bins behind or under your register. And they give no fucks how trashed the lanes get during the day. It all gets sorted at close or a huge pile to sort in the morning. At least what happened when I worked there. What fun it was to sort out the stink or stained clothing from the regular reshop. Think gloves everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back