Archived Internal Executive Intern

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobycord

Know a little bit of info about a lot of stuff
My STL just got approval from our DTL to put me through to the interview portion of the summer internship after an impromptu interview with her during a walk through today. Is that a good thing and it's pretty much in the bag now or is she just going in the motions? Also can any internal executive intern give me some info on what the internship was like? I'll take any intern info really.

From another thread:
Fair warning, a TM in my store just tried to get into the Internship program. The STL and DTL had talked and from what it sounded like, our DTL was interested in getting her an interview for the program. She had my STL's support along the way as well as the ETL's support. She's going to college for Business Admin, but when it came time to sit down with the DTL, she was told she couldn't do the internship cause she worked with the company and it would require going through too many loop holes.

Maybe you'll be lucky, maybe not. If not, the next best thing you can do is apply for an ETL position post graduation.

Current Extended Intern

prim07, Dec 22, 2015

I am actually currently a Brand team member for my store. I have been working for Target for roughly four years. After going to a campus recruitment event in September and inquiring about how to get into the interview process for the internship, I asked my ETL GE for my store. I applied internally through my ETL-HR and submitted my resume through eHR (where you would apply - search job listings and find the one for the ETL internship in your District/Group). You do need to have approval from your STL, ETL-HR, and your current ETL in your department. The online application (internal) will ask for your ETL's email, etc, so communicate with them about the information you need. After going through one interview with an STL at another store and going to a District interview with our DTL the following week, I received the last opening for the internship this summer. Don't let them fool you, it is definitely possible. Just keep communicating and don't let them drop it. If you want the internship, keep up with all of the information you need in order to apply and fine tune your resume. Good luck to you!

**posting on my fiance's account who also works for Target.

P.S. - I am not a business/retail studies/marketing major by ANY means - so don't feel like because you're studying something different in college that you're not a good enough applicant like I felt. I was pleasantly surprised!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, my DTL's been doing this for almost a decade so the fact that she gave her blessing to the STL to push me through to the interview process makes me feel pretty good about things. I feel good about the whole thing and will keep everyone posted. I just have a lot of questions so I can know what to be ready for and what I need to let my ETLs know to do for me to help me out.

Just an update. I just got off the phone with my HRBP with the job offer for the intern position!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back