Archived Internship after graduation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I started as a PA earlier this year. Is it possible to be an intern next summer (2017) even though I will be graduating in June 2017? Or will they think that's ridiculous and for me to start straight off with the ETL program? I'm not too knowledgeable obviously about the internship. I'm assuming I'm already too late for the 2016 summer internship.

Last edited:
Also, talk to STL. There should be an intern coordinator for your district, and maybe talking to that person could help. 2016 may be too late.

Hey everyone, I started as a PA earlier this year. Is it possible to be an intern next summer (2017) even though I will be graduating in June 2017? Or will they think that's ridiculous and for me to start straight off with the ETL program? I'm not too knowledgeable obviously about the internship. I'm assuming I'm already too late for the 2016 summer internship.
It might be possible to get an internship next year. The internship is for anyone in school that's interested in becoming an ETL. Because you'd be graduating in June you TECHNICALLY would still be in school if you were chosen for the internship. It's too late for the 2016 internship but they start talking and getting everything together around October/November time for the next year.

Wouldn't they be annoyed that they need to fill the PA position again shortly after I filled it? :/
I don't think they'd be annoyed because they're honestly gaining, not losing. They'll be able to either hire someone or put another person in your store in that role and on top of that they'll be given an extra 40hrs of payroll specifically for you for 10wks that will help them out with manpower and also make you a universal TM.

I don't think they'd be annoyed because they're honestly gaining, not losing. They'll be able to either hire someone or put another person in your store in that role and on top of that they'll be given an extra 40hrs of payroll specifically for you for 10wks that will help them out with manpower and also make you a universal TM.

Thanks a bunch for the insight. Do you have an idea if GPA is a big factor in being an intern? My major GPA is 3.23 but cumulative is only 2.9. I do have a year to bring it up to at least a 3.0 though.

I really don't think so because I'm not anywhere CLOSE to making the deans list.....just praying for C's these days lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back