Archived Interview tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tomorrow is my ETL interview with our DTL and I am fairly confident that I will do well with the exception of one potential question. This question has to do with a time I had to deliver negative news to senior leaders. Where I struggle the most is keeping this "high scope". Just wondering if anyone can think of something they had to deliver and I am hoping it will spark something for me. I don't want to lie but to be able to deliver a great response that is true. Best example I have (keeping it short) is about overspending hours despite a severe hours crunch in January. I was overseeing logistics for a week and over spent about 55 hours to process a 2400+ truck despite direction to save hours.....

Good luck. Just be honest and straight forward, you'll be fine.

Do the interview. Be proactive & honest. Good luck.

This line left my laughing so hard I had to wipe away tears! HOW can you be "proactive" in an interview? That's just throwing in a word to make the sentence sound "official" when in reality the word has no place in that statement. You can't be "proactive" in an unknown situation. No matter how well you plan, you can't "plan" a job interview so you can't be proactive.

I don't know if this will be able to help your or not, but I will tell you what I said in my recent interview.

I am an external candidate and was hired as an ETL - Pharmacy! =) I talked about having to deliver the news to my district manager that I was going to be achieving a goal of mine (i.e. buying a house), and that I would no longer be able to make the long commute to my current job / location. I took a proactive approach and let him know this news many months in advance. Because I am good at what I do, he was willing to work with me and said if there was not a location near the house I bought then he would allow to me float between stores to get my hours until something became available. I tried to put a positive spin on the question - discuss my boss's desire to work with me because he didn't want to lose me and being proactive and delivering the news well in advance.

Looking back, I think I could have given a stronger response with more "scope", as you say. But I was also an external hire and didn't know this question was coming so maybe they went a bit easy on me. =) Hope this helps!

I've got an interview tomorrow as well! (Yes, I realize this thread is from yesterday, which makes the thread starter's interview today...but I digress...) Well, its actually a phone interview, which might go in my favor, at least from a nervousness aspect.

So tomorrow is my ETL interview with our DTL and I am fairly confident that I will do well with the exception of one potential question. This question has to do with a time I had to deliver negative news to senior leaders. Where I struggle the most is keeping this "high scope". Just wondering if anyone can think of something they had to deliver and I am hoping it will spark something for me. I don't want to lie but to be able to deliver a great response that is true. Best example I have (keeping it short) is about overspending hours despite a severe hours crunch in January. I was overseeing logistics for a week and over spent about 55 hours to process a 2400+ truck despite direction to save hours.....

Hopefully your interview went well but just as an FYI I think that answer is pretty terrible. You overspent payroll by 55 hours during a severe hours crunch? Why didn't you partner with your peers and the STL to reallocate resources to assist with the truck (i.e. the Salesfloor team helping, all ETLS pushing truck for a bit, etc)?

In my opinion, the new regime of Target (go green or go home) will shoot that answer down in a heartbeat. Good luck tho!

Hopefully your interview went well but just as an FYI I think that answer is pretty terrible. You overspent payroll by 55 hours during a severe hours crunch? Why didn't you partner with your peers and the STL to reallocate resources to assist with the truck (i.e. the Salesfloor team helping, all ETLS pushing truck for a bit, etc)?

In my opinion, the new regime of Target (go green or go home) will shoot that answer down in a heartbeat. Good luck tho!

Agreed! pretty risky answer......

Well I left out many details. Partnering was not an option at the time. It was a matter of coming clean or leaving pallets of push.....any ways I did not use it. All went well, DTL gave me blessing and just now a phone interview with HRM

Thanks all!

Also all workcenters were cut, and etl team that morning was my GE that's it.....problem was it was a 2600 piece truck and was about 700 more than average. There is no planning ahead as our trucks close out about 3hours before delivery....sucks being 30 min from DC

For those interested (and for those not interested...why are you still reading this?) I think my interview went pretty well. I still have two more to do, however, since the potential promotion involves moving to a different store. So, I have two to do at that store. However, they'll probably be out of the way by the end of this week, or beginning of next, as they want to make some sort of decision by the end of next week. Would it be cheating if I tried to find out who else was interviewing for the postion and have them killed?

don't know about that... you should see some of the tactics our etls are using ;)

Photos of softlines indiscretions for blackmail, horses heads jammed in lockers or plastic explosive strapped under flats?

Most people would rather experience anything than to be gagged with my old socks.

By the way, my last barrage of interviews is tomorrow. So, if anyone wants to help a Clown out and eliminate some competition for me...well, now is the last chance.

*sigh* ....loading up the duct tape, zip ties & a map....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back