Archived Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannahlouwho

Can I get a back up to the front?
I'm interviewing for a GSA position at my store tomorrow. I've been a GS team member for about 5 months now and I love it. I'm still nervous though. What kind of questions will be asked?

1. Do you hate yourself?

2. Are you willing to be the "boss" without the TL pay or authority?

3. Is the extra 50 cents really worth it to you?

I want to move up and I'm taking it one step at a time. GSA is by no means the extent of my goals.

1. Do you hate yourself?

I want to move up and I'm taking it one step at a time. GSA is by no means the extent of my goals.

That's a good thing to tell them, though you might find that if you're good at it and they don't have any openings you'll be stuck at it for a long time.

1. Do you hate yourself?

Those are the questions they should be asking. But it's more of a "tell me about a time" situation stuff. How did you handle it when you had to do more than one thing at a time, etc, etc. And at the end they asked me why I wanted the position.

So a lot like my first interviews?

Yes. As it's a TM position, it's pretty much the same thing again. You can still use outside examples for the answers. If/when you move on to TL, your situational answers will need to more reflect scenarios from Spot...but you'll be prepped for all of that as the time comes.

Yes. As it's a TM position, it's pretty much the same thing again. You can still use outside examples for the answers. If/when you move on to TL, your situational answers will need to more reflect scenarios from Spot...but you'll be prepped for all of that as the time comes.

Thank you for the advice. I'm looking forward to moving up the food chain!

Make sure you know numbers for red cards, you have gotten. Gsa job has no real power. You might want learn more areas, like co & food ave too.

$.50 would be nice. Last I checked it was only a $.25 raise I thought. It's gotta be one of the worst jobs in the store.

They made you wait 2.5 weeks after interviewing before officially promoting? That seems weird. I didn't even officially apply or interview at my store. Guess just one more example of stores varying wildly from one another.

Either way, grats, and hope you enjoy the new role.

I'm interviewing for a GSA position at my store tomorrow. I've been a GS team member for about 5 months now and I love it. I'm still nervous though. What kind of questions will be asked?
You will be coached and written up for your cashiers not getting red cards during your gsa shifts. Think red cards red cards red cards. A GSA at my store was put on a final for cashiers not getting red cards

You will be coached and written up for your cashiers not getting red cards during your gsa shifts. Think red cards red cards red cards. A GSA at my store was put on a final for cashiers not getting red cards

Meh, doubt most stores are that bad. Redcards matter here, but here they'd demote someone back to a cashier long before they'd put them on final or term them.

Meh, doubt most stores are that bad. Redcards matter here, but here they'd demote someone back to a cashier long before they'd put them on final or term them.
My store is crazy

I'd like to think most stores have leadership similar to yours @Nauzhror but the way I've heard ETLs talk about "performancing out" tms, I wouldn't doubt some stores taking GSAs to final warnings for red cards. (I could see it happen at my store).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back