Archived Is anyone else's GSTLs/GSAs like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when the interest rate on the red card is 23%. I don't feel very confident selling this card just to save 5%.

Me neither. Most of the people I get on credit, just seem to prefer credit over debit. Like as a safety measure, not because they're "building credit."

Me neither. Most of the people I get on credit, just seem to prefer credit over debit. Like as a safety measure, not because they're "building credit."

You also have people who don't get debit because they don't have money in their account but sign up for credit then make minimum payments. You know Target and taking advantage of the financially illiterate

Last edited:
You also have people who don't use debit because they don't have money in their account but use credit then make minimum payments. You know Target and taking advantage of the financially illiterate

I guess these people are the kind of people to have 5 (or more) credit cards too. :rolleyes: I hate how vague the pamphlet is on interest too. You don't know until you're approved.

I'm wondering if i should report this lol. I'm not usually to fan of reporting stuff however. I know one of the GSAs does not like him, fellow GSTL does not like him a lot and does not support his fellow front end leaders. Hmm

don't report this- you shouldn't start off target credit card. say "would you like to sign up for the tgt redcard" and then if they look interested, say "it's target's credit or debit card..."

many people hate the idea of "another credit card" so debit is actually really attractive. a lot of people in my store are surprised when i tell them it's debit too.

No I just mean the fact that the GSTL doesnt care about deceiving guests/cards can be considered rewards card in his eyes! Probably just a frown upon idk

No I just mean the fact that the GSTL doesnt care about deceiving guests/cards can be considered rewards card in his eyes! Probably just a frown upon idk
Not saying it's not credit/debit in the first pitch is not deceiving the guest. Not telling the guest at all would be wrong (and borderline illegal)

Unless you have hard evidence that they're consistently misrepresenting the red card, it'll be a case of "he-said, she-said" & you'll be on that GSTL's shit list.
Brush up on your presentation like Amanda, et al suggests.
If they come to you & outright TELL you to misrepresent it, then you have cause but tread carefully with accusations without evidence.

So, the GSTL brought back change to Electronics the other day, and i usually don't ask if guests want a red card on really, really cheap items in electronics. I asked them if they wanted to sign up for a "Target Credit Card" and not Red Card, since who ever has a check? He wasn't mad, but he was like "Don't present it as the Target Credit Card" - i told him i present it like that so people don't think it's a rewards card. GSTL said they don't care/don't worry, all i want is results.

Anyone else have a front-end leader like that? Kind of annoying.. i always explain very very carefully that they are signing up for a credit card when i get applications.

Funny... my leaders said to pitch the credit card more.. lol. I said I pitch the debit version more because who the hell wants another credit card and more stuff on their credit score, and she shook her head, told me no, and to pitch the credit.

I think target owns the credit line. So yeah accounting big wigs may think credit is great but store leaders should only care about number of apps. A red card is a red card at store level. No more or less weight on credit vs. debit on making goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back