COVID-19 Is anyone else's Target enforcing masks?

This was probably discussed already, but is Target serious? Everyone needs to wear masks starting August 1st "except for people with underlying medical conditions" People are walking around with fake mask exemption cards and this is their policy?

We have had a few incidents similar to this and the leaders have always sided with the guests. No TMs have been fired or anything but it’s still ridiculous that we don’t have support from higher ups. It’s like, why bother having the policy if you’re not going to enforce them...just for the good PR, not for people’s actual health and safety.

It's good for people's health as it makes compliant people wear the masks thus reduces the chance that someone will get covid from those that wouldn't of worn them before the policy. On a safety aspect, it prevents team members from being put in the crossfire of guests that have a vendetta against masks and might get violent. Hiring extra security won't do much as they aren't going to be able to enforce the entire store. Calling LE on someone not complient also ties up already stressed resources. Think about how many retailers are in your city... then think about how taxing it would be if even 5-10% of them called every day on someone not wearing a mask estimating that an average call would last 20-30 minutes (driving there, etc).

It's good for people's health as it makes compliant people wear the masks thus reduces the chance that someone will get covid from those that wouldn't of worn them before the policy. On a safety aspect, it prevents team members from being put in the crossfire of guests that have a vendetta against masks and might get violent. Hiring extra security won't do much as they aren't going to be able to enforce the entire store. Calling LE on someone not complient also ties up already stressed resources. Think about how many retailers are in your city... then think about how taxing it would be if even 5-10% of them called every day on someone not wearing a mask estimating that an average call would last 20-30 minutes (driving there, etc).

I agree LE should not be called for people not wearing masks and I am glad the majority of people are wearing them. I just wish there was more support from management for team members about the issue. If a guest is yelling/swearing at a team member, that shouldn’t be tolerated by management and it is at our store. Also our management doesn’t even seem to want to enforce proper wearing of masks by team members. I mentioned that a member of my department was complaining of not feeling well but wearing their mask around their chin for the majority of their shift. The ETL I mentioned it to just kind of shrugged and said, “yeah, there’s not a lot I can do because if I tell them to put it on they will just take it off when I walk away.” To me, that’s unacceptable because right now a mask is part of the dress code...enforce it.

Those cloth masks at the front are such a good deal. A 2 pack comes out to like $2, and you can wash them.
Plus we get our well being discount on cloth face masks, and that extra 20% makes them super affordable! I just wish I liked the universal threads ones more, I’m just not a fan. They feel too hot compared to the ones I got from Old Navy.

Plus we get our well being discount on cloth face masks, and that extra 20% makes them super affordable! I just wish I liked the universal threads ones more, I’m just not a fan. They feel too hot compared to the ones I got from Old Navy.

I agree...the UT ones are cute but harder to breathe in than the plain ones.

It doesn’t explicitly say no face shield but it describes the type of mask we have to wear and face shield doesn’t fit IIRC
I'd have to say ASANTS on this... a couple of TMs and one lead at my store have been wearing face shields in place of masks and it's been allowed.

I'd have to say ASANTS on this... a couple of TMs and one lead at my store have been wearing face shields in place of masks and it's been allowed.
That's...awful. That doesn't really do anything except prevent direct spray into your eyes/face. You still inhale everything and everything you exhale still goes basically everywhere. ><

That's...awful. That doesn't really do anything except prevent direct spray into your eyes/face. You still inhale everything and everything you exhale still goes basically everywhere. ><
You don't exhale out the sides of your face. And inhaling doesn't matter because regular masks don't stop you from inhaling stuff. Remember, masks do bupkis for protecting you, they are meant to protect the world from you. You have to rely on other people protecting the world from them.

You don't exhale out the sides of your face. And inhaling doesn't matter because regular masks don't stop you from inhaling stuff. Remember, masks do bupkis for protecting you, they are meant to protect the world from you. You have to rely on other people protecting the world from them.
It isn't tight fitting so everything will go everywhere via exhaling - same as a poorly fitting, loose mask. I know (cloth) masks do nothing for inhaling. I've said that above. My point was that, alone, a face shield is virtually worthless.

I agree...the UT ones are cute but harder to breathe in than the plain ones.
Thanks for the heads up, I was considering buying some of the UT ones. I haven't tried the plain ones but I will give them a go instead.

Are team members allowed to wear the plastic face shields instead of regular masks? I feel like it does so much less than a regulsr mask since it has huge gaps on each side.

There are a couple TMs at my store that do.

My SD sent a team member home because she refused to wear a mask. This same team member has been wearing a mask when I've seen her. Don't know why she changed her mind. This will be interesting!

I agree LE should not be called for people not wearing masks and I am glad the majority of people are wearing them. I just wish there was more support from management for team members about the issue. If a guest is yelling/swearing at a team member, that shouldn’t be tolerated by management and it is at our store. Also our management doesn’t even seem to want to enforce proper wearing of masks by team members. I mentioned that a member of my department was complaining of not feeling well but wearing their mask around their chin for the majority of their shift. The ETL I mentioned it to just kind of shrugged and said, “yeah, there’s not a lot I can do because if I tell them to put it on they will just take it off when I walk away.” To me, that’s unacceptable because right now a mask is part of the dress code...enforce it.

Totally agreed! If a guest is causing a business disruption they should be asked to leave... I haven't personally dealt with the issue yet though around mask policies so its hard to say.

At my work we enforce it because Jacksonville, Florida has the mandate in place but if someone isn’t wearing one we have to “educate” them and try to get them to buy a mask. We don’t kick them out. Me personally I don’t care to educate someone on it because I believe the mask thing is bullshit in a way. Wish people would do research on what masks are really meant for and how effective it really is but it is what it is. It’s just how things are in the country so we gotta do it.

In Texas our gov & AG refuse to make it a crime, still insisting it's 'personal responsibility'.
When your state is full of irresponsible people, tho..... :rolleyes:
It’s really fascinating how people in different states react. The mandate in New York didn’t make it a crime either with no penalties, Cuomo did pretty much the same thing Abbott is doing now, but everyone is complying.

Well the team member that was sent home yesterday for not wearing a mask came in with me and put one on. Don't know her well enough to ask her why she wouldn't wear it yesterday. #confused

Back