Archived Is corporate out of their freaking minds!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ideas they are pumping out lately are among the worst I have seen for the longest period of time. Again, I pointed out that the problem is the way Target has been hiring and promoting managers for the last 15-20 years...

What do you expect to happen when you only hire mostly recent college grads without work experience? What happens when you’re promoting these ETLs that are the best looking, cockiest, most apathetic, and least self-aware among their peers? And you do this for over a decade!

We saw and complained about these ETLs when they were in our stores. They talked the talk, and we let them because trying to get them promoted was the fastest way to get them out of our hair! They became STLs, DTLs, GVPs, and BPs. Now we wonder why it seems like every idea comes from someone who didn’t work in a store! I’ll give you one worse... they did work in a store, they just sucked at it and pushed really hard to promote so they didn’t have to work in the store anymore.

As usual @Rock Lobster speaks truth to power.
I just wish Spot would pay attention.

If you aren't packing salvage at the service desk as they come in, how do you closer the"cart" and print out the audit list to attach to the box?

Yeah our store is doing pretty much the same thing. We haven't had carts behind the service desk for over a year. We use 5 red bins: 1 for Softlines, 1 for Electronics, 2 for Hardlines, and 1 for Salvage. We are an A-volume Super Target, so these bins usually need dumped every 20-30 minutes. When the salvage bin gets full the service desk TM is supposed to audit and close out the cart (at this point we actually build a box). We do still use boxes/tubs for CRC, Toss, ESIM, Vendor Pick-Up, and Donate items.

Really hoping this never hits my store. A world without reshop at the service desk would be nice, but simply unrealistic. I’ll take calling team members multiple times to pick up their full bins as annoying as it can get.

Also, many days require us to take back flats full of large salvage items and full salvage boxes in the middle of the day. I can’t even begin to imagine what this would look like. Guess I’ll just stay hoping that this is one thing that never affects me.

I don't know I guess I don't think this is a big deal. We've been doing exactly this for the last at least year and a half. Working reshop little by little throughout the day and into the evening leaves us with no reshop at the end of the night and it's not like we get tons of hours of payroll either. TMs have been averaging ~22 hrs for the last month and a half.

There's a thread on this same exact thing from like 6 months ago maybe?
This is called end to end team pilot.
End to End team PILOT - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/end-to-end-team-pilot.16456/

I don't know I guess I don't think this is a big deal. We've been doing exactly this for the last at least year and a half. Working reshop little by little throughout the day and into the evening leaves us with no reshop at the end of the night and it's not like we get tons of hours of payroll either. TMs have been averaging ~22 hrs for the last month and a half.

Little by little doesn't get the job done. The flow of product is just too high. I have no idea how much clothing is found in hardlines areas, but judging from the amount of hardlines stuff we find in softlines it has to be a large amount. Guests are another source, the fitting room always has someone in it, a lot of times more than one, and guest average is 8-9 items of clothing. Yeah, there's a lot of people taking in two items, but there's also an equal amount of people, maybe more, taking in 15+ items. And most of the times I walk past GS someone is returning items.

Also depends on how busy you are, my store on a Saturday uses two people to just run reshop that is all they do is back up and reshop we get so much of it coming through the service desk. And we can still turn carts over in less 20min and fill huge steralite boxes in under an hour.. This would be a disaster and when we had the GS remodel last year they built us space specifically to have carts parked behind the desk and out of site..

Short answer: yes, they are out of their minds. Longer answer: I really wish the people who come up with these "fantastic new & improved ways" of doing things would try their ideas out. We've recently gone to a different way of how re-shop is kept behind the service desk because an ETL and a SrTL thought it was so great. Well, ok, except they never do the re-shop themselves so how do they know? They made it harder, not easier. But they're the ones who get to decide these things, not the lowly peons who actually have to do the work.

We have been doing this at our store for about a year and I was sceptical at first as well. It actually works better than I thought it would. Team members swing by after their breaks and lunches to pick up whatever is for their section and the front end periodically calls out when the bins are full. Course we are a low volume store....

We literally go through like 3 full boxes of salvage a day wtf are they thinking

3 boxes!? We are the 2nd highest volume store in our district and we only use one box (granted it is usually a big box). Anything really big that wont fit inside goes to the side of the box and gets taken back on a flat with the rest of it at the end of the night.

as it happens I was just at T-1040 the other day and there is literally zero reshop at their GS. Whenever a guest returns something (and it's ALWAYS no questions asked) the GSA simply pushes a button that opens a miniature wormhole and drops the item in it, where it is transported instantly back to the appropriate shelf location. I asked one of their TMs about it and they said the store actually licensed this technology from the Pentagon at staggering cost, but thankfully their store budget is unlimited so it didn't matter.

Running a store (like life) is messy. For both you need a plan. Salvage/defectives en masse never belong at GS where the inevitable leaks will make a horrible mess. Teach any/all tms to either bag and bin them on a tub in receiving or near the compactor and make the leakers a priority that don’t get left for days on end. Also be aware of toxic combinations.

3 boxes!? We are the 2nd highest volume store in our district and we only use one box (granted it is usually a big box). Anything really big that wont fit inside goes to the side of the box and gets taken back on a flat with the rest of it at the end of the night.
Not only do we just have carts and carts of defects every single day from guests breaking stuff and all that we also accept pretty much any return so we have to defect a lot of returns too

Again, if stuff is sitting at guest service all day then people aren’t doing their jobs. Get your cart attendant to take the defectives and salvage to the back when your bins get full. If a SFTM is coming back from break they should grab reshop for their area. Call out for TMs to grab reshop when there’s too much at the front. Get your leadership on board.

It’s like hangars from the registers the bin gets full so they go to the back, you don’t keep piling them on until the end of the night because you can’t be bothered to run stuff off the floor.

I didn’t see it working too well when it happened for us, but it’s fine and there’s literally nothing to complain about. Reshop is light going into your evenings so your closing team doesn’t end up spending their last hour on a full cart of hba reshop that has been sitting behind guest service all day gatheringg small items only to not get finished and roll into the next day.

Reshop is light going into your evenings so your closing team doesn’t end up spending their last hour on a full cart of hba reshop that has been sitting behind guest service all day gatheringg small items only to not get finished and roll into the next day.

Light??? ROTL. The other night there was a cart around 3/4 full when I went on break a couple hours before close, came back to 2 overflowing carts. Most nights there's a lot of reshop in the evenings. It has to be dead in the evenings for reshop to be light. You must be scheduled mostly for mornings.

Light??? ROTL. The other night there was a cart around 3/4 full when I went on break a couple hours before close, came back to 2 overflowing carts. Most nights there's a lot of reshop in the evenings. It has to be dead in the evenings for reshop to be light. You must be scheduled mostly for mornings.
I’ve been working at target for long enough to know what a close is like lol
Like I said, light going into your evenings aka there shouldn’t be any sitting, waiting for the closing team to work it.

I’ve been working at target for long enough to know what a close is like lol
Like I said, light going into your evenings aka there shouldn’t be any sitting, waiting for the closing team to work it.
This only happens if management is on top of the reshop. Often there might be only one person working hardlines during the day. There are times when there are two carts full of reshop sitting there for most of the day before it is removed. On an average day, we send back on flatbed of salvage in the afternoon and then again in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back