COVID-19 Is Target doing enough to protect employees from getting coronavirus ?

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Target to limit number of shoppers in stores, as a new safety measure

Next they need to limit in store shopping to just essentials (Rx/OTC meds, health, chems, paper products, food), take the temperature of TMs and guests before they enter the store and refuse admittance to anyone with a fever, limit guests to two per party, and require everyone under 18 years old be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Then I would feel we were as safe as we could be.

Not really damning, if you read it.

They spoke to a whopping SEVEN employees who say THEY haven't heard anything. Seven. My store has 300 employees alone. I'm sure you could find 7 who either don't work often enough or are oblivious enough to not have heard "anything" about Target's coronavirus response. No doubt they solicited responses from TMs who hadn't heard "anything" about the coronavirus response, resulting in more than a bit of response bias.

They didn't post the leaked email. If it were really that damning, they'd have posted it. Ergo, it's not. The "money"quote was:

"At this point, we're asking that teams continue to operate business-as-usual," the email reads. "Know that we have teams in place managing any potential impact to our business."

Namely, continue to operate within the new guidelines, such as reduced hours, closing deli & Starbucks, cleaning teams, and so on, and we'll implement new stuff as we see fit.

Then they claim sick leave is a luxury, followed by "some" people saying they don't have sick leave, and going into quote from someone who has had unionization plans before this. Hardly an unbiased source, that. Neither of the TWO people quoted mentioned any updated sick policies that might apply to the current situation.

Note that the article was posted by MSN, but from:
1585881821143.png

Last time I checked, we didn't have stores in India.

Clickbait garbage, without much substance that we didn't already know.

Can we start wearing our own then? Until the supplies come?

“The order will make it mandatory for businesses that interact with the public to use cloth face coverings for their employees starting Saturday; that includes grocery stores, pharmacy's and gas stations” in San Diego county. Will see where Target is going to get the masks or these “cloth face coverings”...

Believe it when I see it.

: crosses fingers :
This is effective Saturday, 4/4.
So, where, pray tell, are they getting the masks from? There's a bit of a shortage on at the moment, in case they hadn't noticed.
The masks are not N95, although TMs are welcome to wear their own masks including N95s. If anyone tells you otherwise, it says in the Store Director updates that TMs are welcome to wear masks.

TMs are welcome to but are not required to wear masks, however, officially, anyone working front end or sanitizing/cleaning is strongly encouraged to.

Back