COVID-19 Is Target doing enough to protect employees from getting coronavirus ?

No ! We may be essential or front line workers now, but Target is not providing proper protective gear and have not changed hours in my store to unload trucks and stock shelves during non business hours. Instead they are still having us interact with guests despite making announcements to keep 6 ft between people. They are not providing enough protection for cashiers. These stupid corporate decisions are going to come back and kick them in the ass once lawsuits start getting filed. Unfortunately some employees may die before the corporate fools wise up.

No I want to do my job with-out public interaction which can be done during non business hours since I unload trucks and stock. And if cashiers are getting glass partitions that would be a good step also.

You might want to keep your postings in the other threads, you started on the same topic.

Target can't provide PPE that they can't acquire (face masks).

This is an unprecedented situation that the company had very little notice for.

Each store should be working with their team on unload times. If the team won't come in early, they can't force it as the attendance policy isn't being enforced to support the team.

Why are you people not understanding the serious conditions of a global pandemic which the United States now leads in confirmed cases. I want to work from the time the store closes at 9 pm and work until 5:30 am. If Target corporation would adjust their truck times this could easily be achieved. Then you are only coming into contact with other employees. My only choice is to work or take a leave of absence. And I will take the leave of absence if confirmed cases rise dramatically in my area. Target must make immediate decisions to protect employees as much as possible.

The lack of wipes, gloves, masks and sanizters for TMs is scary.
Rather than wipes TMs should be using the approved ecolab cleaners, or if there aren’t any available, bleach is to be requisitioned and used for any cleaning of surfaces in the store. Stores are being pushed rush orders of gloves for the team via ups/FedEx so be on the lookout for those to deliver. While some may be uneasy about the lack of masks, keep in mind the doctors treating all of the victims of this pandemic can’t even get a hold of them right now. Yes, it sucks how hard it is to get a hold of hand sanitizer but realistically you aren’t going to use it after every single transaction or item touched, and if you read the directions it’s supposed to be on your hands for 20+ seconds before drying to be effective anyway; hand washing is more effective and should be done regularly along with practicing good hygiene by not touching your mouth, nose, eyes, or face in general. That will go a lot farther than sanitizer.

The lack of wipes, gloves, masks and sanizters for TMs is scary.
Aside from the wipes, most of this stuff is being diverted to hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, first responders, the police, and others who need it more than Target employees in my opinion. We can improvise but they can’t. And they are saving lives. We are doing a service, having the store stocked, ringing out guests, and such, which makes us essential but obviously not as essential as the people who work on the front lines.

My thought is this: if you feel unsafe, don't work at Target. You have to weigh your health (both physical and mental) against your financial needs. I wear gloves, wipe down my equipment and keep my distance as much as possible. I need the paycheck and am beyond grateful that I have the opportunity to keep working when so many don't.

^ This. I don’t judge anyone who decides to take a LOA or take the 30-day leave. I work with a lot of people I love like family so I want them to take care of themselves. Please everyone here take care of yourselves. If you aren’t comfortable but can’t take an unpaid LOA, talk to your leaders. Stay safe and healthy everyone. ❤️❤️❤️

Aside from the wipes, most of this stuff is being diverted to hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, first responders, the police, and others who need it more than Target employees in my opinion. We can improvise but they can’t. And they are saving lives. We are doing a service, having the store stocked, ringing out guests, and such, which makes us essential but obviously not as essential as the people who work on the front lines.
I do agree. We have no wipes. Gloves can be found. I have friends in the medical and first responders workforce

Why are you people not understanding the serious conditions of a global pandemic which the United States now leads in confirmed cases. I want to work from the time the store closes at 9 pm and work until 5:30 am. If Target corporation would adjust their truck times this could easily be achieved. Then you are only coming into contact with other employees. My only choice is to work or take a leave of absence. And I will take the leave of absence if confirmed cases rise dramatically in my area. Target must make immediate decisions to protect employees as much as possible.

Many stores have adjusted their truck unload times and moved to overnight unloads.

Many stores have adjusted their truck unload times and moved to overnight unloads.
This is the point I am trying to state, if some stores can work over-night then all stores can. Target has to provide a safe work environment for all employees and they are not adapting/responding to the threat when they have the ability to do so.

TMs doing the truck are the safest, most protected employees even with a 4 am unload simply because their guest interaction is so minimal so I'm not sure what your gripe is. Cashiers have the most to be concerned about and I think Target is addressing those concerns as well as they can: gloves, 6 feet distance markers, overhead announcements, plexiglass "windows".

This is the point I am trying to state, if some stores can work over-night then all stores can. Target has to provide a safe work environment for all employees and they are not adapting/responding to the threat when they have the ability to do so.
How many trucks you get a day? I take doubles everyday . We do overnight . But if you have singles there’s no reason for overnight .

Uh, no. If the team won’t come in they can’t go overnight. If none of the leaders will come in they can’t go overnight. If their area requires permitting, they can’t go overnight.

Back