COVID-19 Is Target doing enough to protect employees from getting coronavirus ?

Our store has a few people wiping things down around the floor, but when it comes to the break room, no one comes in to wipe it down and there are no wipes, sprays or paper towels in sight to do it ourselves. This shows how serious they really care about US. Sure you can separate the tables 6 feet apart, but when they are all covered in COVID-19 that’s not very effective. The cleaning show is just for the guests!

I’m a fan of the “everyone share the single reflective vest to go outside for drive ups”
I think we are lucky. We have 5 or 6 orange vests and hang onto it the whole shift. When i close I spray the heck out of the vests with the disinfectAnt. Unfortunately don’t know if anyone sprays them down the other 5 nights.

wish people would use this word correctly. the corporation is not the shill. paid pr people are not "shills", its literally in their job description to try and make their employer look good

shill shĭl
  • n.

One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

also

Our store has a few people wiping things down around the floor, but when it comes to the break room, no one comes in to wipe it down and there are no wipes, sprays or paper towels in sight to do it ourselves. This shows how serious they really care about US. Sure you can separate the tables 6 feet apart, but when they are all covered in COVID-19 that’s not very effective. The cleaning show is just for the guests!

i feel like im saying this a lot lately but. im sorry your store sucks

This. I stayed late a few times to clean the break room. I sent an email expressing my concerns to the store director. My expectations are low. I went to Wegmans the other day and the cashiers wiped down the belt and card reader between every guest and I saw 3 people around the store with carts of cleaning supplies cleaning things like the door handles and the glass in the frozen food section. For some reason the TLs at my store can’t get the guest advocates to clean between guests and I’d bet my first born no one has ever cleaned in market or the back room.

There is only so much a store can do to protect their employees. Sounds like you just don't want to work. You have the temporary $2 hr raise and even if you get sick at least you get the 14 week paid time off. In these times TMs have to work these abnormal hours to better serve the above average demand. I understand the frustration but its just the way things are right now. Suck it up. Cheers.
When the store is doing the absolute minimum to protect its workers, that’s not just the way things are right now. I will not suck it up and I’ll be a huge pain in the ass until they fire me or change. And you say that if people get sick they get the 14 day paid time off. How about doing the things we can control like cleaning and social distancing and providing masks and gloves so people don’t get sick in the first place. I like working at Target. There’s plenty to complain about but I like the people I work with a lot and wanting us to be safe and healthy isn’t too much of an ask from a multi billion dollar company.

The break room and offstage areas are part of the cleaning procedures... they should be being cleaned. And you can move the tables and chairs. We moved our tables and removed about half of the chairs. That's on your store, not Target.

all these posts make me feel very fortunate. We have loads of wipes/disinfectant spray/sanitizer everywhere. HR is constantly wiping/spraying everything - time clock/key boards/door handles/break room. Every tm MUST disinfect walkie and zebra before returning it. Front end is constantly cleaning keypads/belts. We have a dedicated cart cleaner. P-Fresh is always wiping cooler handles.
every tm handed 2 gloves and a mask every shift.
Many tm’s shifting to 3 AM start time to minimize guest interaction. (We were offered overnight but noped )

I’m VERY happy about what our store is doing to keep us safe - and I’m STILL scared.

I think we are lucky. We have 5 or 6 orange vests and hang onto it the whole shift. When i close I spray the heck out of the vests with the disinfectAnt. Unfortunately don’t know if anyone sprays them down the other 5 nights.

I think I am really lucky. My ETL just ordered a bunch more. There is enough for each of us to claim one as our own, for the time being. I wish they would order more jackets. I don't know why I am worrying about vests and Jackets though because if one GS TM or OPU TM gets sick, we are all fucked.

As far as the break room goes and other cleaning... If it is bothering you so much, ask to spend a few hours cleaning. I've done it. It is a nice change of pace. When I have done it, I started in the break room.

If you don't have cleaner in your break room, ask an ETL where you can get some cleaner to put in the break room. If you ask if you can do it, they are not likely to say no. If they start to say no, just mention corona.

I think I am really lucky. My ETL just ordered a bunch more. There is enough for each of us to claim one as our own, for the time being. I wish they would order more jackets. I don't know why I am worrying about vests and Jackets though because if one GS TM or OPU TM gets sick, we are all fucked.
I’m not so sure about that. I know 2 couples where one spouse tested positive and the other negative !
‘maybe some people are immune? Or can keep things clean? Not touch face ?
Seems like the ‘very healthy’ (eat right/excersize) partner didn’t catch it.
I’d love to know for SURE how they avoided it.

I’m not so sure about that. I know 2 couples where one spouse tested positive and the other negative !
‘maybe some people are immune? Or can keep things clean? Not touch face ?
Seems like the ‘very healthy’ (eat right/excersize) partner didn’t catch it.
I’d love to know for SURE how they avoided it.

I was reading an article about a 27 year old catching it and ending up hospitalized, in one of the hard hit areas. Between his 2 roommates and his GF, one got a sinus infection, one a cold, and one nothing at all. The 27 year old was in great shape and ate healthy. Cleanliness and doing things like not touching your face are great ideas, but the virus is airborne.

We can have 12 people behind GS at any given point. We can have 3 of us in 6 square feet.

so people don’t get sick in the first place.
Yes, there should be cleaning precautions in place but I hate it when people act like if x, y, z is done, then people won't get sick, instead of saying if x, y, z is done we'll keep the numbers below catastrophic.

People act like they aren't going to get sick with cleaning rather than acknowledge everyone is getting sick since no one has immunity, it's simply when, not if. The cleaning is needed to flatten the curve, cleaning can't do anything more.

Do people remember about flattening the curve? Or have people garbled the message and think that cleaning and social distancing will make it go away?

Yes, there should be cleaning precautions in place but I hate it when people act like if x, y, z is done, then people won't get sick, instead of saying if x, y, z is done we'll keep the numbers below catastrophic.

People act like they aren't going to get sick with cleaning rather than acknowledge everyone is getting sick since no one has immunity, it's simply when, not if. The cleaning is needed to flatten the curve, cleaning can't do anything more.

Do people remember about flattening the curve? Or have people garbled the message and think that cleaning and social distancing will make it go away?
Everything is speculation and there are too many unknowns. Everyone should be doing everything, the most important of which is physical distancing.

Regardless of whether some think that we are all going to get it no matter what, I haven't thrown in the towel just yet. I'm in survival mode and will do what's necessary and then some. One day at a time.

I predict another spike. The store yesterday was like a normal day, except with gloves and masks.
Mini seasonal was CROWDED. False sense of security given to those wearing a mask me thinks.
Yeah, people need to understand that a mask may help, but physical distancing and other preventative behaviors must still be done.

Use the hotline as a last resort....

Talk to the PML
Talk to your leader
Talk to HR
Talk to your ETL
Talk to your SD
Hell...if you AP doesn't hate you talk to them

Then call the hotline if it doesn't get put up...

They have been there a week. all those options already have failed.

Every time I had to help a guest on SCO today, my masked self diplomatically pointed out the 12x12 tiles and asked them to step back, using those as handy markers, for everyone's safety.

Our store was entirely too crowded today, even with the meter (and far too many non-essentials in baskets). Problem is, everyone ends up at the front. What if everyone arrives at the same time?

We also still don't have our shields. Someone in this district has tested positive. People are starting to call out.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the people who go overnight get an $1 shift differential on top of the $2 extra pay for that option. We on the front end who are truly in the line of fire, virally speaking, get nothing additional and I think that's not cool. When I asked about it, I was told "well Corporate doesn't see it that way but we will keep providing snacks..."

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the people who go overnight get an $1 shift differential on top of the $2 extra pay for that option. We on the front end who are truly in the line of fire, virally speaking, get nothing additional and I think that's not cool. When I asked about it, I was told "well Corporate doesn't see it that way but we will keep providing snacks..."
No snacks for us

yeah this is kind of like, the absolute apex of ASANTS. a lot of team members are finding out just how awful their stores really are
I always knew my store was bad. I just would have thought that in the middle of a pandemic the leadership at my store would step it up.

all these posts make me feel very fortunate. We have loads of wipes/disinfectant spray/sanitizer everywhere. HR is constantly wiping/spraying everything - time clock/key boards/door handles/break room. Every tm MUST disinfect walkie and zebra before returning it. Front end is constantly cleaning keypads/belts. We have a dedicated cart cleaner. P-Fresh is always wiping cooler handles.
every tm handed 2 gloves and a mask every shift.
Many tm’s shifting to 3 AM start time to minimize guest interaction. (We were offered overnight but noped )

I’m VERY happy about what our store is doing to keep us safe - and I’m STILL scared.
We haven't received our gloves and masks yet. How does this work? Is it one pair of gloves and a mask per 8 hour shift?

today, we had three (3) mobile people

including me there were F O U R people at the boat

i was the only one w a mask. and the 3 tech ppl were basically jus chillin because n o o n e w a n t s a p h o n e

marketsource needs to not there is no reason to have this many people im so tired of it

Back