Archived Is there an age requirment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any age requirment to become a teamleader? I am assuming over 18 but then again I have heard many stories of minors being a TL. Also how do you get promoted??

is there any age requirment to become a teamleader? I am assuming over 18 but then again I have heard many stories of minors being a TL. Also how do you get promoted??
In most markets the DTL is looking for someone with a college degree with experience.

Age isn't an issue. You can be maybe 17 but you have to be able to work full time. High school can not interfere.

A lot of TLs have a degree but it's not a requirement. We had a mix of everything at our store - young, old, degree, no degree, etc.

You basically need to have 100% open availability if you're a TL in pretty much all stores, I think. Each district has it's own separate requirements given by their DTL.

My department doesnt require alot of time. Nobody ever works past 9 or 10 including the TL. My department is also small not a hige area like sales floor.

You have to be an "adult" in Target's eyes, and (in Minnesota, at least) that means being 18 years old and done with high school.

I thought minors couldn't work past 9 pm it is it a state rule?

9PM is a Target rule. My district has it until 9:30. Each state varies as to when minors are legally allowed to work and it can vary by day. Work hour regulations (in my state) are only for minors subject to compulsory education laws (under 18 without HS diploma), so if you graduate at 17 you can legally work whenever, but you are still subject to the federal "occupations hazardous to minors" laws so no wave or baler for you. Target likes to have catch-all policies for such things, so to CTA you're considered a minor in their eyes until you turn 18, and some stores don't remove the hour restrictions until you graduate HS or drop out.

The application I filled out before I became a TL said the minimum age requirement was 18.

I have seen posts on here from someone who was made GSTL at 16 while still in high school.

In our state minors can work until 11 on weekdays and 1130pm on weekends so they can be off the road before 12 ( pumpkin law)

I checked and there is an age requirment for my area. I'm a little disappointed..... Guess I'll have to wait a few years (maybe)

I was 19 when I went through TL development and I turned 20 right before I moved into my position. Age was never a factor that was discussed. Maturity, willingness to learn, and an outgoing mindset are definitely a requirement if you are young though. Master your department. Help your colleagues and show you are willing to give it 110% and you'll find yourself moving up the ladder. Yes you'll be called a brownnoser and a teachers pet by those who have been there longer; but eventually it ends and those same people will most likely be the ones coming to you for questions and help. Any questions feel free to ask.

Actual age or mental age? If its mental then I am pretty sure most ( most not all ) stl s would be in the 5-10 years old range.

That's an unfair generalization. I've know plenty of STLs who were in the "less than 5" group. I'm not sure how they got dressed and made it to work most mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back