Archived Is there anyone at your store you're in awe of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attitude wise there are several tms in my store that I look up to. They always have a positive attitude and always treat people ( tms guests alike ) with grace and kindness. Work wise any tm who goes into work bust their hiney ( even when no one is watching).

I'm in awe of the lifers, those that have been here for years and years and years and still do a great job without much complaint. Through thick (especially thick leadership) and thin (hours). I get it, a job's a job and you need it to live, but there are other ones out there, and you chose to stay here.

Yeah, there is a guy at my store with a seven digit TM number. I can't even begin to imagine...

Yeah, there is a guy at my store with a seven digit TM number. I can't even begin to imagine...
o_O Damn, how long have they worked there???

Anyway, back on topic:
Our Cosmetics Brand TM does an absolutely amazing job with everything she's expected to do, and then when she's done zoning/reshopping/researching the disaster area of the store she goes out and helps out on the rest of the store.

If we're extending this to the DC, there's a dude I know...
He can do over 880 rack puts in a 12 hour shift. For those unfamiliar with the DC, rack puts is a function where you use a reach truck to place palletized freight into the racks for later picking. For those keeping track, that's putting one pallet into the racks every ~49 seconds.
Most of us are lucky to hit 700+ in a 12 hour shift.

Overall: When I was seasonal my ETL LOG was probably the best and hardest working guy I ever worked for. At the time I believe he had like 25 years experience as ETL in various work centers. We used to take double trucks and unload both at the same time. He would throw the second truck solo and keep pace with the other two guys in the first truck. He was the guy that they would send to stores to fix broken processes.

AP: When I was a TPS still in training my first day we had an APS (former IS) come to our store. First day he pulls 7 apps, including a triple on cosmetics. I was new to AP and didn't realize what I was witnessing. I remember asking the TPS that was training me if this was a normal day and he just gave me a speechless look. The guy is now an ETL AP.

My first STL. He knew how to run a store AND get the best out of his team. He was respectful but tough. He never settled for less. He had the philosophy that the store should be visit ready everyday and would never EVER add hours to "clean" it up. It was the standard he set, expected and recognized. He was honest with feedback and helped several people grow within the company. He made sure people were cross trained and let them try new areas. He expected his ETLS to act like leaders by helping the team through training. To this day he is the toughest person I have ever worked for. He demanded the best out of you and gave you the best of him. I sure wish there were more like him.

My ex-CTL now SrTL electronics. Dealt with the market rollout, multiple shit team members, probably 20-50 DTL visits(some times 3 times a week) carried the market team and made us who we are now; best boss I've ever had!

Not anymore.. Our ETL Ops who will become and ETL hardlines for just being able to stick this bullshit out.

That is just more of "I know why he drinks like he does."

My first STL. He knew how to run a store AND get the best out of his team. He was respectful but tough. He never settled for less. He had the philosophy that the store should be visit ready everyday and would never EVER add hours to "clean" it up. It was the standard he set, expected and recognized. He was honest with feedback and helped several people grow within the company. He made sure people were cross trained and let them try new areas. He expected his ETLS to act like leaders by helping the team through training. To this day he is the toughest person I have ever worked for. He demanded the best out of you and gave you the best of him. I sure wish there were more like him.
I too had an STL like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back