Archived Is there anyone at your store you're in awe of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
Not in an attractive way. Shout out to all you ladies talking about the good looking men in AP earlier today

I am more referencing people who work incredibly quickly, with great effort or just have a special skill.

I am in awe of my stores flow TL. He is incredibly shy which is odd for a TL but my goodness he works fast. I have seen him push whole aisles with double digit case packs in 3 minutes or so.

He's just so graceful and he isn't sloppy about it. It's truly a sight to see. Anyone else?

I'm in awe of myself tbh

Everyone in my family thought I wouldn't be able to handle it, that I would quit or get fired. Yet here I am still chugging along as the pseudo-leader in electronics, learning multiple departments, and cementing myself as a hard working and reliable TM

Other than myself?

54263a_678d182644f3455b9113045cb0ce8274~mv2.jpg

I'm in awe of myself tbh

Everyone in my family thought I wouldn't be able to handle it, that I would quit or get fired. Yet here I am still chugging along as the pseudo-leader in electronics, learning multiple departments, and cementing myself as a hard working and reliable TM
As cocky as it sounds, I'm in the same boat. Multiple times I've had our GSA's and TL's compliment on how I'm basically the only TM that responds to the lanes an comes up to get my abandons without the LOD telling me to over the walkie. I also truck through pulls when I'm not getting brought away every 5 minutes for stupid shit.

I'm in awe of my SBTL: she can walk into any sh*tstorm or disaster & have things whipped into shape before lunch.
Also one of our GSTMs: she's calm in the face of any shrieking soccer mom off her meds & knows all the tricks of our antiquated PoS system.

I'm in awe of myself tbh

I remember your posts from when you first started. You really have come an enormously long way. It's quite astounding and your courage is amazing. I applaud you!

Not in an attractive way. Shout out to all you ladies talking about the good looking men in AP earlier today

I am more referencing people who work incredibly quickly, with great effort or just have a special skill.

I am in awe of my stores flow TL. He is incredibly shy which is odd for a TL but my goodness he works fast. I have seen him push whole aisles with double digit case packs in 3 minutes or so.

He's just so graceful and he isn't sloppy about it. It's truly a sight to see. Anyone else?

Good looking AP?
IMG_0079.JPG

Last edited:
I remember your posts from when you first started. You really have come an enormously long way. It's quite astounding and your courage is amazing. I applaud you!
Thanks! Thinking back, my first post was a train wreck of a vent. I hope it never gets dug up again because good riddance to those days! I mean some days it's still hard but my ETLs are pretty understanding about it (though some had to learn the hard way to be understanding) so it usually ends well. And I even have TMs who look up to me and ask me questions and it's just such a good feeling sometimes I have trouble processing that.

There is one guy, whom I believe is autistic (for one thing, he avoids eye contact), who is not only a cart attendant, but helps guests and cashiers, too.

There's an ex-marine with brain trauma at my store who cashiers. Amazing guy. I go out of my way when I check out just to chat him up.

There's a few hard working, reliable TMs and TLs who never get recognition, so they get random, usually legible 'vibe' cards with any kind of personality I can muster.

I'm in awe of anyone who handles code yellows well. I'm an awkward idiot when those happen. I remember once standing next to a crying kid, communicating with everyone on the walkie...and a TM swooped in, was totally charming and happy, asked the kids name, ect, and just provided the perfect reassurance that I'm incapable of providing.

I'm in awe of anyone who handles code yellows well. I'm an awkward idiot when those happen. I remember once standing next to a crying kid, communicating with everyone on the walkie...and a TM swooped in, was totally charming and happy, asked the kids name, ect, and just provided the perfect reassurance that I'm incapable of providing.
Same. I literally try and pawn them off to the nearest TM bcos I just can't in those situations.

I mean, I'm in awe of @Kartman ... but at My store? Nope. They eat my dust and I've forgotten more than most of them know. I have had etls I looked up to but they've either promoted up or left the company.

10+ years here....and I am still amazed by cart attendants. You return people's carts to the store (the ones who purchased only 1 thing), cram big boxes in small cars and SUVs and clean up after people sh*t. That last one to me makes you my MVP. You are by far the most undervalued person at Target IMO.

There's two that come to mind from my time at spot:
One was an APS in one of our neighboring stores. He had been in AP for about ten years and the amount of apprehensions he made was a amazing. We're talking at least two a day every day he worked, no joke. I worked with him a couple times and felt completely useless because he caught all his cases with zero assistance. Guy would literally sit in the office with the front door camera pulled up, point at someone as they walked in and be like "this guy's going to steal". Then he'd go out on the floor and be back ten minutes later with the guy in handcuffs and about $200 with of merchandise. It was astounding.

The other was a GSTL that I referenced before. She got hired at Target as a seasonal when she was nineteen, killed it, and was asked to stay on as a GSA. Five months later she was a GSTL, and she's frighteningly good. She trains every new GSA and GSTL in the district, and is currently being hunted by just about every store for an ETL or Senior TL spot. I know I would be completely useless if I had to put up with what she does every day, so it makes it even more impressive for me. I've never seen someone who can be shouted at for the stupidest reasons by guests while still maintaining a very large and seemingly genuine smile. It's almost creepy since I would have to resist the urge to punch said guest in the face.

My ETL LOG. Dude turned around a horrible horrible flow and backroom process into one of the best in the group. Didn't even have to replace the whole team, just slowly retrained the lot of them and lead by example. Our Group director always give him high praise and he really deserves it.

Now if he only cared more about our c&s team :( that's where he likes to cut from first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back