Archived Is this considered rude?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got this one old guy who comes every single day and parks in a handicap spot next to the door and will ask TMs outside on their lunch or break to go inside and bring him a motor cart, he's complained several times that we don't help him. GSTL is usually ready to hear it on the walkie each morning now lol is pretty funny watching our GSTL ride that thing out to this man's car every morning.
Give him a walkie to keep in his car. The battery should last a while if it's only on for a few minutes per day.

Or even better...give him a call button.

While I find it annoying when I'm asked questions when I'm on my break, I still like helping people, so I don't really mind. I've answered questions as I was about to walk out of the store, since I feel like it's better to leave a good impression. I guess I'm more willing to sacrifice my own time.

But when I don't want to be bothered, wearing a black windbreaker has worked for me, although I'm still a little new, so maybe people don't recognize me yet.

Wait he wants someone to bring him a motorcart to his car? I'm sorry how did he get into the car and drive here, he can walk/hobble/w.e the 50 ft to the front door if you can't do that you can atleast be nice about being onerous on society.

We have an older guest who does that at my store too!!!

When a tm is on break they are on break. If they are on the floor then they shouldn't be expected to help a guest. However, many times I have been off the clock( shopping after clocking out for the day) and a guest will ask a question. Where is so and so located. I will tell them . However, if they are asking something that requires me walking all over the store or looking something up ( ie mydevice etc) I will direct them to another tm or to a phone to call for help. IF I still have a walkie on ( if I am on break) I will call someone over the walkie for them.

i can't even hide in non red/khaki. if i'm in the store my regulars will ask me.

over the years i've had many who felt they were entitled to support from someone off the clock who clearly told them that i'm not on the clock and the state labor laws will compel them to fire me if i help you. "its a quick question" "you could have helped me" "you know the answer"

i can't even hide in non red/khaki. if i'm in the store my regulars will ask me.

over the years i've had many who felt they were entitled to support from someone off the clock who clearly told them that i'm not on the clock and the state labor laws will compel them to fire me if i help you. "its a quick question" "you could have helped me" "you know the answer"

I am not being paid, how about you do your job for free? I am not an indentured servant.

Wait he wants someone to bring him a motorcart to his car? I'm sorry how did he get into the car and drive here, he can walk/hobble/w.e the 50 ft to the front door if you can't do that you can atleast be nice about being onerous on society.
ourHaOw.gif

Damn, telling a guest where the popcorn is really cut into my busy schedule of sitting in the breakroom on my phone.:rolleyes:
I guess I'll have to add an extra minute to my break.

Yup. Especially when it's a regular who knows your face.

Back around Christmas I was shopping at a different Target about 30 minutes away from the one I work at and someone still recognized me and tried to ask me something. It didn't matter that I was clearly shopping and in jeans and a hoodie.

I told her I didn't work there. Not technically a lie.

Damn, telling a guest where the popcorn is really cut into my busy schedule of sitting in the breakroom on my phone.:rolleyes:

If you start working off the clock then where do you draw the line? Other guests will see you helping someone, then they want to be helped. And it will continue. The line needs to be drawn somewhere.

If you start working off the clock then where do you draw the line? Other guests will see you helping someone, then they want to be helped. And it will continue. The line needs to be drawn somewhere.

My line is pretty cut and dry. On my time, no chance in hell. It is that I demand that my time be respected, you can't do that you won't get a nice respectful answer. As workers who are on a time clock that is what you are selling to your employer and you don't give your time away for free. You don't skip your breaks, you don't skip your lunch. Look at the ETL's they agreed to give all their time for a certain dollar amount, we have not done that.

Back around Christmas I was shopping at a different Target about 30 minutes away from the one I work at and someone still recognized me and tried to ask me something. It didn't matter that I was clearly shopping and in jeans and a hoodie.

I told her I didn't work there. Not technically a lie.
That's pretty insane. How far does one have to travel to be left alone?

I don't think it's rude. Breaks are not that long, usually just long enough to grab food and eat it with little time to spare. The guest is the rude one for stopping someone who is, as you said, on their phone. I had a guest try that with me at a neighboring store (I had just left my store and was still wearing red+khaki) and I never looked in her direction. Thankfully her phone rang and I bolted when she started fumbling through her purse to find it.

The TM did nothing wrong. Customers lie and over exaggerate about what happened. I don't have a problem with just pointing something out or quacking getting a co worker to help the customer but I am sure as hell not getting something, looking up a price, ect on MY time.

If I can answer something in .3 seconds I will. If not, I direct them to someone who has a my device who can help them. I almost never leave the break room on 15's. I also almost never leave TMSC without headphones in my ears if I am on lunch, break, or leaving for the day. Especially if I am shopping. CLEARLY STATES: I am not working right now- DO NOT TALK TO ME! But I do believe there is a way to tell people "hey I'm on break, I'm sorry I'm not allowed to help you I can get in trouble, but there is someone over there that can help you"
I don't normally have too many problems. But there's always that one......

If I can answer something in .3 seconds I will. If not, I direct them to someone who has a my device who can help them. I almost never leave the break room on 15's. I also almost never leave TMSC without headphones in my ears if I am on lunch, break, or leaving for the day. Especially if I am shopping. CLEARLY STATES: I am not working right now- DO NOT TALK TO ME! But I do believe there is a way to tell people "hey I'm on break, I'm sorry I'm not allowed to help you I can get in trouble, but there is someone over there that can help you"
I don't normally have too many problems. But there's always that one......

There is always that one and its quickly becoming that there isn't a person you can point them at. I know at certain times of day, we are the In-Stocks team and the salesfloor team. Cause there is no one else on the floor.

I think I made enemies with an lod today, lol! I was asked a question by a customer today while walking to the break room and my lod was right behind me and I didn't even stop walking and said "ask her". She's been making faces at me all day.

Just remember, per policy working off the clock is not allowed. One person gets their panties in a bunch and you could be fired for helping that guest. Or replying to that call on the walkie. You really that secure as a cog in the machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back