Archived Is this considered rude?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember, per policy working off the clock is not allowed. One person gets their panties in a bunch and you could be fired for helping that guest. Or replying to that call on the walkie. You really that secure as a cog in the machine?
Can vouch for that after getting put on a final.
My store don't play.

For helping a guest? My ETL went nuts when he found out that we are supposed to punch correct for 15 mins if they text us. He's just too lazy to email.

For helping a guest? My ETL went nuts when he found out that we are supposed to punch correct for 15 mins if they text us. He's just too lazy to email.

If he emails you at home its still a punch correction. But I know you mean work email that you don't have access to at home.

If he emails you at home its still a punch correction. But I know you mean work email that you don't have access to at home.

My understanding is it depends on what the contact is for. If it's schedule related it's nothing, but if it is anything else it's a punch correction.

My understanding is it depends on what the contact is for. If it's schedule related it's nothing, but if it is anything else it's a punch correction.
I'm having a little trouble understanding this. If an ETL contacts you off the clock about anything outside of schedule, you have to do a punch correction? How does that work? I want to know because 2 ETLs have my number and have contacted me before. Not work related. We have some common interests.

If they contact you about work, punch correction (unless it is about the schedule). If you are just texting socially, no problem.
My ETL likes to text with all kinds of work stuff. Redcard updates, work assignments for the team, stuff about vendors, guest issues, you name it.

I'm having a little trouble understanding this. If an ETL contacts you off the clock about anything outside of schedule, you have to do a punch correction? How does that work? I want to know because 2 ETLs have my number and have contacted me before. Not work related. We have some common interests.

What yevite said. If it's a personal conversation that's different.

I worked for a company where we couldn't call employees on their day off to ask them if they wanted to pick up a shift. That was Walmart. Simply having them answer the phone was a 4 hour punch correction.

As for the original question, it's a slippery slope. The Team Member on break helps the guest for ten seconds, another guest overhears and starts up, then another and soon the Team Member is late returning from a break they never really took.

At the same time, I know in my store if you turn on your walkie on break and say "I'm on break, can somebody help a guest?" you get in trouble for working on break.

in any case, that guest is in the wrong. so have a pretty low tolerance anymore for people behaving that way, and likely would have ignored her comments altogether.

well ive had this happen to me too. ill be on break or CLEARLY shopping, and the guest qill expect you to help them just because you're in red and khaki. i explained to a guest who got in my face that i wasnt on the clock and target will punish me for helping them, which is true enough. i will at times offer to push the call button and walk away. ive never gotten in trouble for doing this. i have been spoken to be an LOD for not helping a guest, however despite my being in red and khaki, the LOD's first question was "excuse me who are you?" i explained to them the same as the guest, "i dont work here, im just in red and khaki." so the LOD just went "ugh", the reality was i was in ANOTHER target store not mine. so i especially wasnt obligated to help the person.

whether this helps or doesnt ...
at my old job, i worked at a super market, i was clearly food shopping, a customer asked me for help and i wasnt paying attention. they got mad at me for ignoring them and insisted i help them. i explained i wasnt on the clock and pointed out that we were a union work place and thusly i couldnt help them because it wasnt fair to the people who were being paid to do that. which again true enough. so when they got mad that i would NOT help them, mind you i wasnt even in my dept, they went to the service desk and told on me for being rude and not willing to help them.
then over the speaker, i get paged to the store directors office. i go in and he askes me this, "why arent you in uniform?" i explain i was shopping, and am indeed not even supposed to be in the building that day. he looked at the assistant stor manager and shook his head and said he couldnt stand the people who shopped there. did i get in trouble? no. and why should i have? i did nothing wrong.
final thought: people treat retail employees like dogs.

final thought: people treat retail employees like dogs.
This more than anything.
The general population may be at the bottom of the food chain at their job/school/institution so the only way they can make themselves feel better about their crappy lives is to put someone ELSE below THEM so they're no longer at the bottom.

Yeah, I hate when I'm clearly on break. Like yesterday. Picked up prescription, was carrying it around, also on phone and listening to music. SOMEHOW I still get asked things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back