Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Which means?? Sorry, for the questions I'm new to Pfresh!!

When an item's expiration date is coming up soon, you enter it into the SDA as a short date. When that date arrives, the daily SDA sends you to all locations on the sales floor and in the backroom containing that DPCI, and you check to make sure all expiring product gets pulled.

Why the hell would you shoot research when there's unworked product sitting on pallets in the freezer? That shit needs to be pushed.

If they insist on filling the floor via batches rather than pushing the unworked product, they'd be better off shooting item fill/EXFs so as to avoid screwing up the on-hand counts. But still, they need to push the pallets before they do anything else with the freezer.

I agree with you, they need to be pushed. I just meant that if you have to do research, you can just zero out all the items with 3 zeroes (o OH, 0 on the floor and 0 at the back) or those with small OH, 0 on the floor and 0 at the back. Not with 25 OH, 0 on the floor and 0 at the back. I was also told it depends on how many on hands and how much. If the OH is 25, but the price is $2.00, then I can zero it out.

I agree with you, they need to be pushed. I just meant that if you have to do research, you can just zero out all the items with 3 zeroes (o OH, 0 on the floor and 0 at the back) or those with small OH, 0 on the floor and 0 at the back. Not with 25 OH, 0 on the floor and 0 at the back. I was also told it depends on how many on hands and how much. If the OH is 25, but the price is $2.00, then I can zero it out.

Are you talking about avoiding drastic count changes? In a situation like above, it would almost be better to make the drastic count change and bring it to the attention of your leadership and/or AP so they know there's a problem, but that's assuming that someone actually works the drastic count report. Then again, ASANTS.

Are you talking about avoiding drastic count changes? In a situation like above, it would almost be better to make the drastic count change and bring it to the attention of your leadership and/or AP so they know there's a problem, but that's assuming that someone actually works the drastic count report. Then again, ASANTS.

True and we do, but we look for it first before doing that. Leadership is alerted and the TL and or ETL helps in looking for them.

Oh look we have to scan everything fucking rib individually that my CTL continues to obsessively order because she's under some idiotic impression that they sell

Nectarines are in the ad next week and still cannot order them.
Also Sunday snd Monday only 10.00 gift card when spend 50.00 in food.

We've been getting nectarines in, but can't order them. I expect a push of 30 very ripe cases on Friday or Saturday.

Organic berries are ordered but never received. I have guests who buy two or three packs of each on weekends yet I can't give them what they want so they go to whole foods, causing our numbers to drop down because they're the same people who buy a ton of organic salads.

Cantaloupes look like giant, dirty golf balls. (QMOS immediately)

Romas come in that could only be sold that day. Same with beefsteaks. Don't get me started on this heirloom loss you're forcing on us.

Juices are very light despite accurate counts.

Bagged carrots are coming in very short dated.

Watermelons aren't selling too well. Not ordering them, but I have two pallets on the floor and three more in the back all packed full.

But hey, at least we can get good looking bulk bok choy in. I've donated 8 cases. One comes each truck.

Fuck you, supply chain.

Anyone else having a problem with kids picking up and either accidentally dropping watermelons or just straight up throwing them on the floor? It's a little ridiculous.
Not yet but thanks for the warning must be like the milk toss about a year ago maybe one of their friends films it for YouTube

We've been getting nectarines in, but can't order them. I expect a push of 30 very ripe cases on Friday or Saturday.

Organic berries are ordered but never received. I have guests who buy two or three packs of each on weekends yet I can't give them what they want so they go to whole foods, causing our numbers to drop down because they're the same people who buy a ton of organic salads.

Cantaloupes look like giant, dirty golf balls. (QMOS immediately)

Romas come in that could only be sold that day. Same with beefsteaks. Don't get me started on this heirloom loss you're forcing on us.

Juices are very light despite accurate counts.

Bagged carrots are coming in very short dated.

Watermelons aren't selling too well. Not ordering them, but I have two pallets on the floor and three more in the back all packed full.

But hey, at least we can get good looking bulk bok choy in. I've donated 8 cases. One comes each truck.

Fuck you, supply chain.
Don't Forget the shitty onions that have been sitting in the FDC for months and only get thrown away if they send them to a target.

Not yet but thanks for the warning must be like the milk toss about a year ago maybe one of their friends films it for YouTube
From the couple times I've seen it, it's kids 12 and younger who are either brats or just really excited and want a watermelon. Inattentive and just bad parents are the problem this time around, I think. I really hope it doesn't show up on YouTube...

why can't my fellow PA zone and get reshop out the pfresh valley, push bananas, berries and zone the milk, salads, wtf does he do all day ??

Pfresh day 1 on my own. Holy shit balls I feel like I just ran an 8 HR ER triage shift. Any pointers and tips to throw my way would be greatly appreciated. I'm in a ULV store, only PA (myself) no closer mon-thurs. Truck arrives at 6am on the dot MWF, usually 150-250 pieces. HALP me please!!!

-Jesus take the wheel-

Pfresh day 1 on my own. Holy shit balls I feel like I just ran an 8 HR ER triage shift. Any pointers and tips to throw my way would be greatly appreciated. I'm in a ULV store, only PA (myself) no closer mon-thurs. Truck arrives at 6am on the dot MWF, usually 150-250 pieces. HALP me please!!!

-Jesus take the wheel-
Breath. Remember you are not a super hero. It gets easier once you get a pattern down.

Easy pease with 150 to 250 pieces I can do that in about 2 hrs. Get the most done by the time the store opens save your break till 9 am. Fresh and full by 9 am. Don't forget to fill milk lol. Oh and don't go to huddle it's a waste of time.

Easy pease with 150 to 250 pieces I can do that in about 2 hrs. Get the most done by the time the store opens save your break till 9 am. Fresh and full by 9 am. Don't forget to fill milk lol. Oh and don't go to huddle it's a waste of time.
Our CTL makes sure to pull the milk out right before huddle. "Oh sorry I forgot and I have a pallet of milk on the floor right now."

Our CTL makes sure to pull the milk out right before huddle. "Oh sorry I forgot and I have a pallet of milk on the floor right now."
That would last two days at my store. Everyone comes to huddle unless excused for serious projects.

That would last two days at my store. Everyone comes to huddle unless excused for serious projects.
They used to have huddles in produce in the morning to include Deli, but I don't think that's happened in at least a year now. I haven't actually participated in a huddle since transferring to Deli, nor have I heard an announcement for one over the walkie.
I really wish they'd bring back the Table Talkers so I'd actually know what's happening in my store.

Ah a closing shift in dry aka "spend half the shift putting dividers on back wall drinks and crackers"

Drinks finally got done today

Back