Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Fuck you, FDC. Blue berries so moldy they're white berries. Shame!
Gross. It's a shame, too, since they're ON SALE. They think they're being smart, but we just QMOS that crap back to the truck.
For a few months, we were getting cheeses that had obviously been frozen at some point (dry and crumbly) so we had to keep QMOSing it back to the truck and ordering more. It was a royal pain because it was one of the cheeses we needed for production.

On today's episode of "Why we fifo" our hero does freshness Friday in the cold juice section...

LOL THAT'S NOTHING

On Tuesday, I had nothing to do, due to the lack of ordering on the previous Sunday. So I deepculled the yogurt.

Imagine a full 3-tier of expired yogurt. Yeah.

Did the same thing later in the week with deli meat and the milk/juice.

My solution to that one: don't put out ribs.

Fuck you, FDC. Blue berries so moldy they're white berries. Shame!

Dammit I forgot to coupon ribs today.

Can I coupon the bagged sweet potatoes? I've run out of things to cull so I'm on a couponing binge, got the regular stuff so now I'm looking for the weird stuff that never sells and never gets couponed. The grapefruit cups, those little snacker things (carrot and ranch, apple and caramel, etc), bacon...

Can someone tell me why we take down sale signs the day before? We are super busy on Saturday, and for over half that day, sale signs are gone. A lot of missed sales.

Can someone tell me why we take down sale signs the day before? We are super busy on Saturday, and for over half that day, sale signs are gone. A lot of missed sales.
You don't...used to not be able to scan them out til 7pmish? But even we don't start till 5pm day night.

Tell that to every single ETL and my STL. We've been taking the ad down at 12:00pm every Saturday due to 'lack of hours.' I'd be inclined to accept that if that weren't the case for the past 3 years.

You can take down signs at 10pm on Saturdays. That was the old way we did things. For the last 3-4 months, we have been taking down signs at 12am, Sun.

Do you guys do research in P-fresh? I am in the process of becoming a PA so I wanted to show that I can bring something different to the table compared to the other PAs. No one does research and the only push we get are from auto-fills & we tend to push off the truck instead of doing it the right way and push the stuff from the back first. Started researching and my CTL is fairly new so we are still figuring a lot to make everything more efficient.

Do you guys do research in P-fresh? I am in the process of becoming a PA so I wanted to show that I can bring something different to the table compared to the other PAs. No one does research and the only push we get are from auto-fills & we tend to push off the truck instead of doing it the right way and push the stuff from the back first. Started researching and my CTL is fairly new so we are still figuring a lot to make everything more efficient.
why research, do not STO the produce cooler, and just look what you need and go back and fill a metro and push it... this is much faster.
I use a old box and write down about 5 or 6 salads along with the big boxes, Broccoli, cauliflower, hearts of romaine, head lettuce, cabbage, etc, go back and push 1 metro.
Go back and get the apples push 2 metros.
Go back and push berries off the 4 TUBS, 3 metros.
Go back and push cut veggies 4th metro.
this should take about 1 hour total, move fast 15 minutes to grab and push and get back for the next trip.

KEEP the pfresh valley FRESH and FULL !!!!
Guests will not buy bananas if you have 30 bunches out there that looked picked over, if you have the whole table full, say 50 bunches then you will sell more. Same with all the
other produce the more they have to pick from the more you will sell.
the Hearts of Romaine we use to have 10 out and no one bought them now we keep 25 out full and are selling about 12 which is 1 case a day.

Yeah I completely agree on the produce, it goes bad before it even gets auto-pulled. However for dairy like the lactaid milks, simply juices etc items that actually last in the back, would it be more efficient to research them out instead of trying to push off the truck or just rely on auto-fills? Researching at night so it can be pulled for the opener? Before the truck to stay at least up to date with products?

Yeah I completely agree on the produce, it goes bad before it even gets auto-pulled. However for dairy like the lactaid milks, simply juices etc items that actually last in the back, would it be more efficient to research them out instead of trying to push off the truck or just rely on auto-fills? Researching at night so it can be pulled for the opener? Before the truck to stay at least up to date with products?
yes research, especially the OJ.

But for my store we have a back loading milk wall straight from the Dairy Cooler. So the vendor milk and ALL specialty milk does not get STO'd.

We have the specialty milk on 2 metros right near the shelves in the dairy cooler and push from behind, 4 or 5 times a day. 3 doors just for half gallon specialty milk.
On truck days the new specialty milks are opened and take out of the brown boxes, turned sideways to read the barcode and that is how we load them from behind. WE get about 30
cartons on an average truck.
This seems to work perfect as we sell lost more since we have taken them out of the brown box and can actually see the carton to tell what is what.
As long as you push it at 8 AM 12 PM, 2 PM (before opener leaves) and then 6 PM and then 10 PM, about every 4 hours.

Quick question for 4th of July weekend. Where can I find the information for any vendor or shipper related things. I assume it will be in the merchandise update but maybe there is something else I missed.

Two Quewtions.

1. Does anyone have the part number for the produce bag holder? I looked in Sap but didn't find one

3. Donations: if I have bags of Apple to QMOS because one or two turn bad. Can I just open the bag toss the bad ones and donate the rest of the bag

If it isn't something you Order yourself, you need to back stock it. Otherwise corporate has a habit of sending you more.

Two Quewtions.

1. Does anyone have the part number for the produce bag holder? I looked in Sap but didn't find one

3. Donations: if I have bags of Apple to QMOS because one or two turn bad. Can I just open the bag toss the bad ones and donate the rest of the bag

1. They call it something stupid, I'll track down the numbers from when I ordered mine.
3. Yes.

Back