Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

So even tho I said no to the market pilot, I was roped in by an ETL that I have a hard time saying no to. She said a bunch of people already backed out too. Said it will only be for 4 weeks to get it launched and that they will let me keep the pay increase when I'm done. I'll be kept as a backup like I do now for pfresh. And even tho I've done instocks like 4 times, it seems like I'll be training people lmao. All the good backroom team members said yes too so there's like 4 left and they suck. I'm gonna be in at 5am with another team member to pull the auto fills.
She pretty much said I'll be one of the main people because she trusts me and I'm trained in like almost everything I would need to do.

I've never been at target before 5:30am and this is going to be weeks... fuck.

Will this really be company-wide and how will this translate to overnight?
From what I understand, overnight logistics hours are going to be cut back drastically and those hours are going to the new market team, which is going to be somewhat more staffed in early morning but also more staffed during the day for continuous stocking (as well as helping guests and doing all the market backstock and pulling). They also are pushing the idea that these TMs are going to be more knowledgeable about the foods we carry, but I doubt this is going to happen.

I just had my meeting with my ctl (who is new to her role too. She swapped with my old ctl who is now in domestics) about what is expected of me and the rundown of what we will be doing. The U-Boats seem like an extra unneeded step tbh. She told me flow is supposed to sort the aisle push into the sections it belongs to which seems really extra too. Idk. We'll see how this goes

Last edited:
I just had my meeting with my ctl (who is new to her role too. She swapped with my old ctl who is now in domestics) about what is expected of me and the rundown of what we will be doing. The U-Boats seem like an extra unneeded step tbh. She told me flow is supposed to sort the aisle push into the sections it belongs to which seems really extra too. Idk. We'all see how this goes
I think the u-boats are more for pushing product while the store is open. No bowling means there aren't boxes all over the floor and I assume they take up less space than pallets/tubs and hold more product than the backroom carts. I can see why corporate would think we should use them. We'll see if they live up to expectations over time.

The u-boats are definitely ideal for grocery use. They're very narrow so you can bring it down the aisle without taking much space, and they can safely stack boxes twice as high as on a tub. You'd really only need one per aisle, with the possible exception of cereal.

Only problem is there's no good place to store loose backstock. When I use them to stock at the grocery store, I typically bring a shopping cart for cardboard and backstock.

We did a FDC truck with the uboats and it went pretty smooth. Flow TL chickened out on using them on today's RDC so I'm still waiting to see it in full motion.

6 pallets of gen 3 came in today.. A uboat with a shelf was very effective for putting those bad boys in. Loaded the base up with a few boxes and used the shelf to hold the product. I'm still curious how the pushers will work with tall things, like cereal, but the doubles work really well for the big 40oz peanut butter.

Also got the metros for the fast movers.. They're not as long as I would have liked but there should be plenty of 4' metros around since Flow won't be using them for grocery backstock.

When we have 6 people and they want 300/170 pieces of FDC and all of dry pulls plus dry from the GM done by 12:30.....and that doesn't involve backstocking. :(:(

6 people. Wow that's s lot. For just FDC I get 4 TMs for 5.5 hrs to push dairy snd freezer about 700 pieces. I PA do the produce meat and bananas about 400 pieces.

Back