Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

When you come back to run c&s and you see that all the coolers have multiple vehicles left over of autofills never pushed :,)

me every shift after my day off.

How have you been able to keep your coolers fresh and clean of expired products without SDA in the backrooms anymore? We've culled our produce cooler twice in the past two months and three times in two months but I'm scared to even try dairy and terrified to clear our freezer cooler. . .

there is a check dates in the mydevice and you can add to it things that are close dated, ALSO, the check dates is a daily routine or it should be. we forget alot at our store i hate to say, and even if i recall i need to do it ... its 2:29 when i recall and im done at 2:30 ....

ETL SF: the DHTL is no longer with the company, so dont sweat the bananas, that was their issue.
me: really?
ET SF: yup!

ugh ...
also, a dude who applied for the PA role, asked for a $1.50. was sort of looking forward to him being in that role as he hates the leads 1 and all. oh well ....

is anyone else having issue with SAP? we havent been able to get in and it seems everyone is locked out sooo we dont have produce bags.

there is a check dates in the mydevice and you can add to it things that are close dated, ALSO, the check dates is a daily routine or it should be. we forget alot at our store i hate to say, and even if i recall i need to do it ... its 2:29 when i recall and im done at 2:30 ....
SDA? That's tracked on myperformance. Definitely worth doing consistently.

Usually it's the top priority in morning shift right after fixing endcaps then off to do sanitizer and autofills at my store. Just today I had sda for a NOP item and had to type the dpci in just to get it finished :(

is anyone else having issue with SAP? we havent been able to get in and it seems everyone is locked out sooo we dont have produce bags.

SAP has been hit or miss for me. This next week I have to dig in to figure out if someone is taking my supplies and using them elsewhere or if I'm just not getting them. We need produce bags and the stickers for the Monarch gun. Someday we'll get them. :rolleyes:

SAP has been hit or miss for me. This next week I have to dig in to figure out if someone is taking my supplies and using them elsewhere or if I'm just not getting them. We need produce bags and the stickers for the Monarch gun. Someday we'll get them. :rolleyes:
Check with food avenue they had our best by labels

well as far as SAP goes ... neither TM nor TL nor ETL can get into it. we have NO produce bags. if we run out of monarch labels were screwed.

yay got the DCPI for individual grapefruit! imma make some money now! ... not orderable at my store ... shit ...

well as far as SAP goes ... neither TM nor TL nor ETL can get into it. we have NO produce bags. if we run out of monarch labels were screwed.

yay got the DCPI for individual grapefruit! imma make some money now! ... not orderable at my store ... shit ...
I'll order an extra box of grapefruit for you
And I'll send you some produce bags the big ones and monarch labels I have plenty.

I'll order an extra box of grapefruit for you
And I'll send you some produce bags the big ones and monarch labels I have plenty.

while your at it could you order me 3 good market TMs who arent crazy whack jobs that complain to the LOD because no one has really spoken to them today and are feeling ignored so they WONT be trying today.

while your at it could you order me 3 good market TMs who arent crazy whack jobs that complain to the LOD because no one has really spoken to them today and are feeling ignored so they WONT be trying today.
I'll sick my CTL on them. My CTL had to stick a broom up 2 of my pfresh team yesterday cause the 1st dairy pallet took 3 of them 2 1/2 hours.

I'll sick my CTL on them. My CTL had to stick a broom up 2 of my pfresh team yesterday cause the 1st dairy pallet took 3 of them 2 1/2 hours.

do you back load your milk? as i would think after 2 and 1/2 hours that milk would be spoiled?

first they give us crap about not loading out enough of the backroom before the FDC order comes in. SO! yesterdays order we do exactly that. but this means we didnt succeed in finishing the order. so when were asked what took so long, we explain that we cleared out the produce room and meat rooms first and even reduce stickered, which the STL felt we were being aggressive enough with. you could tell the LOD wanted to say something about this, however .... the STL rules all things!

@qmosqueen if your CTL could do something about our TM we call "the mayor" as he feels the need to spend as much time chatting as he pleases and the concept of small talk is lost to him.

do you back load your milk? as i would think after 2 and 1/2 hours that milk would be spoiled?
it was 2 1/1 hours for the dairy mostly yogurt and cheese, orange juice. They broke it down (one 7 foot tall pallet) in 30 minutes into about 8 shopping carts which went back into the dairy cooler and then they worked out 1 shopping cart at a time this whole process took 2 and 1/2 hours.... normally 3 TMs can do it in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

it was 2 1/1 hours for the dairy mostly yogurt and cheese, orange juice. They broke it down (one 7 foot tall pallet) in 30 minutes into about 8 shopping carts which went back into the dairy cooler and then they worked out 1 shopping cart at a time this whole process took 2 and 1/2 hours.... normally 3 TMs can do it in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
:eek::eek::eek:

so rather than 1 person to a cart they did 1 cart to a team? how is that efficient?

yippie they sent us roma/plum tomatoes! by accident and *i* can order them if they sell well! the little baggy is a $1,49 and if i recall when i work at a real super market they were good sellers so heres hoping.
began purging bakery. nothing like QMOSing thanksgiving items to the breakroom. purged second L ... 2 uppers 1 lower 9 wacos ... 3 wacos worth came back.

Avacados 50% on Cartwheel. We sold through over 15 cases last week. Don't store them all in your cooler. Bring a few cases out every day and let them ripen in the ambient room.

I've been wanting to try with breaking pallets down instead of just pulling it to the floor and working on it but my etls have me stay to a strict guideline for when I do food delivieries :/

Last edited:
For seasonal bakery do you have a special table for it or is your bakery table revisioned for it? I use this multi shelf vendor table from Xmas that I kept since I have no room to put any seasonal bakery on the main table

Back