Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

during the huddle....
ETL HR: so guys, just to let you know ... the market PA position is open and its been open for a week now and no one has applied.
STL: well no thats not true we've gotten several outside applications!
ETL HR: and no in house applications ...
STL: [behind a fake smile] oh right! of coarse, we DO want you guys to applyyyyy ... but! we do have outside applications that were looking at too!
ETL HR: [makes wtf are you saying? face then fakes reassuring smile] but we'd like it if we could promote from within too!
STL: we dont have anyone were looking at .. [ETL HR looks at STL making wtf body language, ETL LOG is sweating bullets, ETL AP facepalms and takes his phone out] oh right! we do! we do want people to grow from with in! [fakes laugh and smiles] dont think you cant apply for any reason, we'll interview everyone fairly, and everyone inside or outside has the same fair chance! ... but we DO have those outside applicants.

so i look at the TLs of BR, POG, FA and GS all hardcore longtime target TLs ... the looks of disgust and shock were priceless.

i heard there was an impromptu ETL meeting with the STL which was heard in the break room, and the STL was under attack. "ill hire whoever i want to hire" was said extra loudly followed by, the words,
"losers", "nerves", and finally "i plainly dont like them!" to which the ETLs just left the office.

glad i didnt apply!

ETL HR swings by market to ask if we were going to finish FDC order? i said no, no one is here, 3 people with short shifts. then its explained market only gets 200hrs for the week per the market structure. meaning that per day we get 28.5 hrs divided among 4 TMs, some of which isnt enough, considering our working load is never getting finished. so its piling up.

i applied at amazon. wish me luck.

Alright my lovely PAs....organic produce in the cooler out back...it had to be by itself, correct? Not stacked under conventional produce or on the same shelf...? Right?

Alright my lovely PAs....organic produce in the cooler out back...it had to be by itself, correct? Not stacked under conventional produce or on the same shelf...? Right?
Ideally. The organic cut veggies are sealed in a bag so they are safe. The organic strawberries , blackberries, blueberries need to be on top shelf by them selves. We have a metro just for organic.

I'm so glad we don't have organic in my store.

Except for tomatoes.

@qmosqueen what's the deal with organic tomatoes can they be anywhere

Not the single tomatoes just the ones in their little plastic clamshells

We have organic tomatoes with organic bananas, in a designated area in the ambient room.

On the floor, we use a clear plastic divider

Organics rule in most cases. We sell so much of most organisc with certain exceptions like blackberries and heads of lettuce/cauliflower.

Steritech came by today.... and we were green. :)
1 critical in the back and 1 non up front.

My ETL has been worried about steritech for the last couple of weeks because it was my first round as CTL all the while I knew I was taking steps to get us green. My pfresh is improving in so many ways since I've taken over and its nice to have a correlation down on paper. Just before reviews too. :)
Oh and its sweet to actually have TMs that I can spend time with and develop! As HL TL, TM schedules were so inconsistent and there was too much to do in the day to work with them. Now, even if the workload is heavy, I can work alongside my team members while finding opportunities for them to improve on.

Last edited:
I'm so glad we don't have organic in my store.

Except for tomatoes.

@qmosqueen what's the deal with organic tomatoes can they be anywhere

Not the single tomatoes just the ones in their little plastic clamshells
We have tomatoes and carrots. Both are just shoved on shelves with other stuff over them...sounds like it's ok though.

When our truck was suppose to only have one produce pallet but you ordered another one and a half and your team lead just wonders why i ordered so much :^)

When our truck was suppose to only have one produce pallet but you ordered another one and a half and your team lead just wonders why i ordered so much :^)
Push all produce to max and over stuff it
TPC lots and watch it fly out the door. People will by more when they can choose that one head of lettuce from 50 rather than from 10.
Also flex and fill all open shelf space

Getting tired of coming in and seeing tons of backstock of popular products when the floor is full, but of the wrong product. I properly zoned and took out excess product, finding 2 3 tier carts worth of shit. Finally pulled the right juices, dressings, and other shenanigans and had to clock out. Fuck you, new CTL.

Getting tired of coming in and seeing tons of backstock of popular products when the floor is full, but of the wrong product. I properly zoned and took out excess product, finding 2 3 tier carts worth of shit. Finally pulled the right juices, dressings, and other shenanigans and had to clock out. Fuck you, new CTL.
Produce is supposed to cut fresh fruit for the wall but the TL has decided that they don't have enough time for that. The thing is, the fruit sells well when it's out there, but the spaces always have juice and kombucha flexed over them. It's a shame, really.

Anyone working in a Super Target with Meat Department? Anyone notice how we barely get anything in now a days? My store can barely keep the floor stocked each day. Just holes, holes, and more holes on the fresh meat.

Anyone working in a Super Target with Meat Department? Anyone notice how we barely get anything in now a days? My store can barely keep the floor stocked each day. Just holes, holes, and more holes on the fresh meat.
Everything's either out or flexed to hell, but I suspect part of it is a staffing issue at my store.

Everything's either out or flexed to hell, but I suspect part of it is a staffing issue at my store.
My store has the people, just not the product. Just plain stupid at this point, looked at what was coming in tomorrow and its barely enough to fill the shelves. Let alone have anything past 1pm tomorrow on a Sunday... Sometimes it remains empty on multiple products 4 days into the week. Counts are update multiple times during the week. Its gotten so bad these past few months.

Produce is supposed to cut fresh fruit for the wall but the TL has decided that they don't have enough time for that. The thing is, the fruit sells well when it's out there, but the spaces always have juice and kombucha flexed over them. It's a shame, really.

We're in the same boat. I'd say the department could easily make and extra 500-1000 a week in profit alone with cut fruit, but they don't want to pay the 8-16 hours of labour to produce enough.

My store has the people, just not the product. Just plain stupid at this point, looked at what was coming in tomorrow and its barely enough to fill the shelves. Let alone have anything past 1pm tomorrow on a Sunday... Sometimes it remains empty on multiple products 4 days into the week. Counts are update multiple times during the week. Its gotten so bad these past few months.

Yep. It's apparently a larger problem. I see it at my local Target and the one I work at. The one I work at, we'll get 3 cases of ground beef patties(they don't sell for shit) but be lucky to get a case of the two pound ground beef. Organic beef, we get a ton of, but any 'regular' beef steak, we do get very little of. I'm just glad they're not cutting us short on chicken. I'd have a lot of angry people.

just research and keep the naked / bolthouse juice endcap full all the time, we sell it the hell out of it and do NOT have to flex it at all.

research and make sure your on hand counts are correct , may need to qmos / Toss to get the numbers correct to zero on hand counts.
Sometimes this take several times doing that to get it correct.

Yeah I've been having a problem with my meat department too with no longer receiving certain types of meat. Just gotta keep flexing those empty spots

Back