Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Wouldn't doubt that toys or electronics needed more zoning and/or care than the market area. But I wasn't there so I can't say.
Lol no that's a losing battle and pointless to throw an extra body over there. Market was making 16% of store mix at that point and we were comping down about 12% so I truly believe keeping the consumables team member in market was the best decision.

New Year's Eve was a fucking disaster for perishables. At a super, we were out of so many things in the morning. We didn't have them in the back, either.

Under ordering sucks much worse than over ordering.

we had 20 endcap changes to do this week and when we thought we were through half, suddenly! 12 more appeared. ugh....

our backrooms are getting better, we can finally see which stock is what in our cooler rooms. its amazing how much bad 1 TM can do ... THAT SAID!

brtl: here. look at this. :shows me ELA: look at the shelves and look at the report.
me: ok, so 01a 003D009, 010, 011 are empty :looks at those shelves, sees all are chocked full of product: oh ....
brtl: keep going ....
me: do i have to? :D
brtl: look at J.
me: ??? :walks down to J, looks are sheet and looks at uppers: um wtf? is nothing stowed in this aisle?
brtl: look closer
me: wait ... are those swedish fish? and mike and ikes?
brtl: yeah.
the aisle i was in was grc2, aisle 3 in our backroom. snck was aisle 8
know-it-all brtm who is 'never' wrong comes over.
brtm: wanna know why thats up there? bad pa siad he liked backstocking in that aisle because there was always space to backstock. when i told him how the fill groups worked, he told me i wasnt the mayor of the backroom and he could do what he pleased because he was the CATL, and as a leader "he makes the rules", laughed and me and kept doing as he pleased.

brtl looked pissed, but dude was fired so nothing he could do about it ... however ... ALL 3 silver gondola racks? filled with challenge and d-code for the closer to push! so much for those POGs that suddenly appeared! but this explains why coffee was and baking was so empty!

Are grapes not being able to order at your store ??

I cannot order any of the 2lb green or red grapes which we have had for about the last 2 months.
I looked up and cannot order the organic grapes or the 1.5 lb grapes.

I have strawberries, raspberries and blackberries everywhere.

I still need the grapes to fill some of those spots in the first 3 4ft sections !!

Are grapes not being able to order at your store ??

I cannot order any of the 2lb green or red grapes which we have had for about the last 2 months.
I looked up and cannot order the organic grapes or the 1.5 lb grapes.

I have strawberries, raspberries and blackberries everywhere.

I still need the grapes to fill some of those spots in the first 3 4ft sections !!

Same boat. Grape table looked emptier than a catholic playground.

got the news that my store is getting a p-fresh truck everyday starting in two weeks, great

Our super gets daily FDC trucks. You think "Oh fuck!" at first, but it has turned out better for us. If we run short on a product, we should get it the next day. It's much easier to keep the backroom empty-ish this way.

@DoWork yes that is what I am hoping for! My store is part of the market roll out which means two trucks everyday and Tuesday and thursdays is four trucks (milk delivery, Candy, FDC, dry market)

One of team members is looking for another job because market is becoming to much for him what a shame, he is one of our most cross trained

One of team members is looking for another job because market is becoming to much for him what a shame, he is one of our most cross trained
Yes we are losing a pfresh truck push TM to Whole Foods damn and he is the best one.

I hope we get a truck every day right now the FDC truck comes 4 days a week.

question
Is anyone else's Banana's coming in uncovered ???

the overnight TL sent them back since they were green as shit and way too cold and not covered.
Well, they haven't been covered in about a month.

The driver told someone in receiving that most of those banana shams that cover the bananas are gone.....
cause they are used as tarps on the ground for when they go camping.

Great now we get shitty bananas, cause there are no covers left to cover them !!

question
Is anyone else's Banana's coming in uncovered ???

the overnight TL sent them back since they were green as shit and way too cold and not covered.
Well, they haven't been covered in about a month.

The driver told someone in receiving that most of those banana shams that cover the bananas are gone.....
cause they are used as tarps on the ground for when they go camping.

Great now we get shitty bananas, cause there are no covers left to cover them !!

I wasnt here when our truck came in but the truck tuesday and thursday we were supposed to get banannas but none ever appeared in my ambient room. We were basically out this Saturday AND Sunday morning. I assume they were bad and we had to not receive them :(

I wasnt here when our truck came in but the truck tuesday and thursday we were supposed to get banannas but none ever appeared in my ambient room. We were basically out this Saturday AND Sunday morning. I assume they were bad and we had to not receive them :(

Our Saturday closer forgot to put in the order and then our CTL forgot Sunday so we literally have nothing but a baby carrots. :confused:

we havent had our bananas covered in months. its a rarity when we do.

also while we havent been able to get bi-color grapes i put the cuties in their place and we accidentally got 2lb strawberries, @ 7.59 a peice ill put those up! so long bi-color grapes! the dieters will love these big ass strawberries! and they did! on saturday we got 2~3 cases i ordered 2 more and today those 2 went up with no backstock.

im going to alter my front banana bunker after the superbowl comes. im gong to move the citrus to the top shelf, then yellow bananas and then 2 shelves of green, since they are so mad i only ordered green. BUT they dont want ripe bananas on the stand SO! what to do?

were taking bets on who will be hired to be our new PAs. were certain they will be female since the CTL seems to only hire females, only trains females, and IS female. but were torn between, chubby and frumpy and too slow for target, as thats what the CTL usually hires ... or thin and frail and not able to do the phsyical aspect which is ALSO what the CTL hires. and they are perfect and can never do wrong, and somehow get transfered to electronics and hardlines leaving market needing a new TM again! its been a fun cycle to watch. NOT!

Pricing came by and changed the price of market pantry eggs today.

Wow eggs are cheap or this is a mistake.

Anyway I bought 4 of the 18 count eggs at 97 cents 5% off on cartwheel TM discount and red card discount = 79 cents.

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

Back