Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

anyone know off hand if there is anything in the training guide or within workbench about storing potatoes/sweet potatoes/onions? it seems im the only 1 in the store who knows, "keep in a cool dry DARK place" and when i explained light spoils them faster TL ETL both seemed confused and said they never heard that before. SOMEONE! keeps putting them in OPEN banana boxes and they keep turning green and sprouting roots and same someone keeps putting them in the refrigerated case. i didnt start this battle ... but i shall be the 1 to claim it!

R1KqOmc.jpg

So we got new date guns.

Do they feel any different than the all black ones? Are they just as finicky when it comes to loading and aligning the stickers?

bad market PA giving us a warning about qmos:
"when we have a lot of qmas, the PAs get pay cuts! please leave doing qmas to us! were trained and have a vaster produce knowledge than anyone else in the store!"
response:
"okay ill do that IF! without looking it up, right this second here and now, you can tell me what Q.M.O.S. stands for." (knowing he has a sign on the qmos tub that reads qmas :] )
:awkward silence: bad PA storms off in a huff.

meanwhile ....
so how does this sound for a new years eve freezer door?
meatballs, motzerella sticks, shrimp, and wings? im playing with an idea. would like some thoughts.

The hell is wrong with that PA? He/she needs to stap talking out its ass. QMOS don't affect no one but shareholders.

when we addressed it to the TL .. they looked so confused! lol apparently WAY back when they said, if the QMOS was low and maintained, then yes there was a throw back but hell if they remembered who actually saw that, but it sure as hell wasnt a PA.

speaking of whom, bad PA wasnt able to work today, they were too distraught. a DJ in california that they liked had passed away. so they couldnt work and just zoned for 8hrs ... in pfresh.

in other news how did everyone hold up with the cartwheel pepsi promo? our endcap got whiped out twice before the pepsi guy even got there. i didnt mind filling it even though it wasnt my job, but hell if i was sending guests away mad.

came in this morning NONE of the backstock from the last FDC order was done. of coarse bad PA worked the night before. SO! i got to ETL LOG to see how bad the dry push is as we have yet another FDC truck today. i ask who is in? he says your open called out, and your 9am called out.... and bad PA has been promoted to guest. we were all smiles today! to have been there when to have seen his smug arrogant face fall apart when he realized why he was in the office. and we suspected once he knew that was the case he immediately began throwing everyone under the bus to save himself, but nay it was too late.

Flow TL, BR TL, all of them. smiles. because bad PA offended them all.

but you know leadership ... who do you ask to replace and fill the role?
the guy with 7 years produce EXP from the local super market? no!
the dude who has worked at super fresh, giantfoods and pathmark? no! dont be silly!
they chose .... TM from starbucks! who is leaving in 1 month to go to college on other side of country! SF TL is betting on getting the SB TM to drop out of college and stay with target because SFTL likes "her spunk" SB TM is 20. so ... once again the youngest face is best.

i feel so releived though i wont have to deal with bad PA anymore.

I TPC'd the red green grapes strawberries mangos bananas blackberries and pineapples even further. We are gonna sell this stuff before Christmas. I hate coming back to Qmos so much. Also coupon all meat that expire through dec 28 th. Sell sell sell. Our numbers will be through the roof

Just compeating with the local grocery store.
We too can do a 2 day sale.

So my pfresh truck on Monday after Christmas is 1950 pieces about 20 pallets. 9 for dairy 1 meat 1 banana 4 produce 5 freezer. This is just down right ridiculous. There should be a cap say 1200 total and no more. It is not humanly possible to finish 20 pallets in 8 hours even with 8 team members. But we ysydlly only have 4 team numbers and one of those will be doing ad set.

Anyone else have s huge FDC truck this upcoming week ???

So my pfresh truck on Monday after Christmas is 1950 pieces about 20 pallets. 9 for dairy 1 meat 1 banana 4 produce 5 freezer. This is just down right ridiculous. There should be a cap say 1200 total and no more. It is not humanly possible to finish 20 pallets in 8 hours even with 8 team members. But we ysydlly only have 4 team numbers and one of those will be doing ad set.

We took our Sunday truck today. It was about 700 pieces, which is huge for us.

my god! qmosqueen! your store must do amazing sales! when we have 6 pallets it hard for us! but things will be better SOON!

guest: (annoyed) can you help me? the kid over in electronics told me your sold out on PS VR! its christmas eve! you cant be sold out! thats poor business!
me: (0 fucks to give) well sir im sorry, but we only get so many and our truck comes at 4am, and our store opened at 7am. as the saying goes, the early bird gets the worm!
guest: (mad) what?! where's your manager!?
me: (0 fucks to give and now mused as i know what im about to do!) sir she is right over here!
:walks guest over to STL aka downlow bitch:
me: (full megatron mode) STL this man came all the way from electronics to pfresh to complain about us not us not having any PS VR on christmas eve.
STL: (generations fake fucks to give - download bitch mode GO!) w-ell! sir, we opened at 7am this morning and sold out of NES, Hatchamals, and we handed out tickets for all our limited quantity items. im sorry we dont have your last minute item, b-ut! it is christmas eve and were trying our best to meet your needs. it there anything else we can do for you?
guest leaves in a huff!
STL: (w/e amber from clueless mode) \/\/hatever! when PA comes in ...

my god! qmosqueen! your store must do amazing sales! when we have 6 pallets it hard for us! but things will be better SOON!

guest: (annoyed) can you help me? the kid over in electronics told me your sold out on PS VR! its christmas eve! you cant be sold out! thats poor business!
me: (0 fucks to give) well sir im sorry, but we only get so many and our truck comes at 4am, and our store opened at 7am. as the saying goes, the early bird gets the worm!
guest: (mad) what?! where's your manager!?
me: (0 fucks to give and now mused as i know what im about to do!) sir she is right over here!
:walks guest over to STL aka downlow bitch:
me: (full megatron mode) STL this man came all the way from electronics to pfresh to complain about us not us not having any PS VR on christmas eve.
STL: (generations fake fucks to give - download bitch mode GO!) w-ell! sir, we opened at 7am this morning and sold out of NES, Hatchamals, and we handed out tickets for all our limited quantity items. im sorry we dont have your last minute item, b-ut! it is christmas eve and were trying our best to meet your needs. it there anything else we can do for you?
guest leaves in a huff!
STL: (w/e amber from clueless mode) \/\/hatever! when PA comes in ...
Yes we are number 1 in our district actually in the whole state. Bakery up 30% since last year We just keep selling lots Today finally ran out of turkeys and spiral hams only 4 left.

What the fuck??

My freezer would BARELY be able to fit 5 pallets of freezer, and that's if we don't have ice or turkeys, of which we have both.

And then on the dairy, you can't run a business with 8 pallets of dairy still in the coolers while you push one! What the fuck is FDC thinking?

Yes we are number 1 in our district actually in the whole state. Bakery up 30% since last year We just keep selling lots Today finally ran out of turkeys and spiral hams only 4 left.

Our growth is good, we're just getting out of negatives for bakery :D

How do you guys get dry/dairy/frozen out of negatives? It's seemingly IMPOSSIBLE and it pisses me off because deli, produce, meat, and almost bakery are all YTD positive.

I came in today to find we only received about 13 pallets. About 7 pallets all dairy did not show. My team did awesome and had it all done I am truly amazed and appreciated.

Now where are those missing 7 pallets ??

I came in today to find we only received about 13 pallets. About 7 pallets all dairy did not show. My team did awesome and had it all done I am truly amazed and appreciated.

Another store possibly? I've had that happen twice in the last three or so months.

Maybe coming on a separate truck? 20 pallets is kind of a lot to put in one trailer.

Back