Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I zone and fill the entire consumables department on my own when I close. Even on Christmas Eve, because my STL takes my only team member away for toys or electronics bs.

I want one like yours.

no you dont!

I came in today to find we only received about 13 pallets. About 7 pallets all dairy did not show. My team did awesome and had it all done I am truly amazed and appreciated.

Now where are those missing 7 pallets ??

at another store most likely!

Maybe coming on a separate truck? 20 pallets is kind of a lot to put in one trailer.

nope! a trailer can hold upto 22 pallets, 24 if they put them in sideways.

cleaning up after bad PA day 1
-all salads got $2 off coupons, and moved the celemetines to be wing the banana bunker, which is 3 shelves 'nanas and the top salsa guac, where clem's were more salads. icebergs got 50c off stickers.
-strawberries too got the $2 off coupon, 19 cases STILL in the back.
-3 cases of pink lady/mac/gala/honey crisp? triple basket display by check lanes is now all apples!
-no bacon on the sales floor but bacon for days in the back, pushed to floor $1 off coupons
-8 banana boxes of QMOS from the 90% of it from back room.
-discovered product that goes to food ave hidden within produce cooler and meat cooler ... still within code!
-emptied drain sink of 3 half gallons of milk that have been sitting there since 12/01 or earlier as that was the expire date on the half gallons.....

closing thoughts:
-O.O why do we have 4 cases of broccoli and celery?
->_< why is there MTFZ items in the meat cooler?
-@_@ how did he last 13 months?!
-cauliflower should NOT be black and yellow
-i think i said dios mio more than the f word.

So c&s decided not to fulfil any of our produce store order...

And yeah closing PA also zones dry at my store.

So c&s decided not to fulfil any of our produce store order...

And yeah closing PA also zones dry at my store.

No, I agree the closing PA should zone dry, I have no problem doing that when I'm scheduled for it.

Today I was the mid.

bad PA posted on facebook that he was fired because a certain BRTM had it out for him.
lol thats right! a certain* BRTM, a certain flow TL, a certain ETL LOG, a certain BRTL, a certain SB/FA TL, a certain ETL AP, a certain SFS TM, and a certain CGTL did too! however he posted this during his check in at the stone spa ... so i guess he is okay 9_9

that said, we can actually access online planogram again! and know what planners are coming! um ... uhoh! were going to have 4 doors of cooler and 4 doors of freezer changing! weve only had 6 planned doors ever. so this means i dont have a free doors to get rid of stuff in! ... oh but wait! i do! as no one buys amys organic crap!

MP turkeys are now all 50c/lb with $2 off coupons attached and 75c/lb butterballs with $2 coupon attached as well, i think thats a good deal to get rid of the birds!

*and by certain i mean all!

Unless errything it does, it does it big.

wut?

You've got MTFZ in the meat cooler because it's meat that should not really be frozen. Kilbasa if I remember correctly. I always meant to MySupport that and get it changed to MEAT.

you can do that?

the legend continues ....
ETL LOG: Midoninger, keep your eyes peels for a missing PDA. the last person who signed into it was bad PA.
me: ok.
ETL LOG: its been missing for 2 weeks, so we think its somewhere in grocery.
me: you know, he liked to keep it in his back belt loop. he might have taken it home with him. ive seen him leave the building with his equipment many times.
ETL LOG: (flustered) and you never said anything?!
me: oh i did. to AP.
he laughed and shook his head.

QUESTION!
do you guys have that display thats 3 baskets? its like $85? if so what do you use it for? i want to talk the boss into getting another one.

the legend continues ....
ETL LOG: Midoninger, keep your eyes peels for a missing PDA. the last person who signed into it was bad PA.
me: ok.
ETL LOG: its been missing for 2 weeks, so we think its somewhere in grocery.
me: you know, he liked to keep it in his back belt loop. he might have taken it home with him. ive seen him leave the building with his equipment many times.
ETL LOG: (flustered) and you never said anything?!
me: oh i did. to AP.
he laughed and shook his head.

QUESTION!
do you guys have that display thats 3 baskets? its like $85? if so what do you use it for? i want to talk the boss into getting another one.

We have four and just throw bakery into all of them.

We put seasonal bakery in them and move them to the checklanes

so my 4 doors of cooler ARE:
1: coffeemate
2: silkmilk
3: choboni
4:some other yogurt

we have a TON of bolt house drinks and other drinks in the back. i mean ALOT. so i was thinking, with new years coming ... should i nix one of those doors for the healthy drinks/salads/shredded cheese or strawberries?
thoughts?

also! DTL came in before FDC came in and our banana bunker looked poopy and LOD was sweating bullets XD but they said, "new policy is that bananas can NOT have any brown on them." so pretty much were only ordering green from now on.

I've always only ordered green. Your leftiver bananas from your last delivery are at a good yellow and your new ones green to satisfy people who like to buy either of them. Ordering yellow seems to lead to qmosing right out of the box sometimes.
Damn I can only order banded bunches and they are usually ready for the compactor when they come in. No green no yellow, it's whatever the FDC has.

And the orgdnic ones are green and never ripen

being samurai jack and undoing the evil of Aku bad PA... my journey took me to the frozen lands of Free-Zer ...
-why do we still have pumpkin pies?
-why are there ANY christmas cookies back here?
-wtf are we sitting on 4 and 5 cases of coolwhip and lite coolwhip respectively?
-found not 1, not 2, but a full case worth of pepperoni hot pockets opened and empty.

i go to back stock some frozen meat ive challenged out the to floor, i scan in STO ... 3 locations ...
01f 700G35 (O)
01f 700P36 (O)
01f 700C01 135
wouldnt you know? not a single location had any of the MP chicken breast strips? and the floor was empty? go figure!

and finally ...
came in this morning ... 4 carts of reshop lurking around market. wtf? the other day it was 8. whats going on?!

no I pushed all 8 the other day. i was off friday, then i came in this morning
LOD: hey just as a heads up you guys have 4 carts of reshop over there already.
me: whos here today?
LOD: derp, chill guy, jerk 1 and 2, and good PA
me: woah! so many!
LOD: yeah so make sure that reshop gets done!
and hour later ....
STL: LOD why does market have so much reshop?
LOD: theyre working on it!
:rushes to market:
LOD: Midoninger, whats going on with the reshop?
me: chillguy and derp are working on it.
LOD: ok cool, STL was worried.
me: yeah she should be, reshop seems to multiply like rabbits!

we have a TON of bolt house drinks and other drinks in the back. i mean ALOT. so i was thinking, with new years coming ... should i nix one of those doors for the healthy drinks/salads/shredded cheese or strawberries?
thoughts?
stick with the target sales plans. They send extra product for those so if you take em down you'll have a lot of backstock. LOCU all the drinks out of your produce cooler and push it with your truck before whatever came on it.

I zone and fill the entire consumables department on my own when I close. Even on Christmas Eve, because my STL takes my only team member away for toys or electronics bs.
Wouldn't doubt that toys or electronics needed more zoning and/or care than the market area. But I wasn't there so I can't say.

Back