Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I put all the season on the front table facing the raceway where apples and the weekly produce on sales is suppose to go I have had valentines out there since Christmas It is selling so well they sent us sbout 2 full redtubs of just valentines bakery

I flexed over by the raceway and even the baking aisle endcap for Christmas just to get it all out. I've gotten tons of valentine stuff but the revision only put one item onto our bake table ..

I've been wanting to try with breaking pallets down instead of just pulling it to the floor and working on it but my etls have me stay to a strict guideline for when I do food delivieries :/

you could try breaking it down to the metroracks and have 1 tm to a rack.

For seasonal bakery do you have a special table for it or is your bakery table revisioned for it? I use this multi shelf vendor table from Xmas that I kept since I have no room to put any seasonal bakery on the main table

yes, our special table is in the breakroom after its been QMOS'd as no one buys that stuff where i live.

market you have a guest on the phone!
"target?" ... "yes we carry panera lobster bisk soup" ... "we have plenty it wont run out." ... "well no sir, we cant set aside food, especially refrigerated food, its store policy" ... "sir, im sorry we can not set aside food, especially refrigerated food, its our store policy we can not set it aside for you." .... "we have plenty instock sir there is no way we will sell out. it will be hear when you come in." .... 9_9 are you kidding me? "SIR, it is our store policy that we can not set aside ANY food, for a guest. refrigerated food has no where to be stored at the service desk. we will NOT sell out by the time it takes you to get here--" .... "sir, thats a 20 minute drive, i sincerely doubt we'd sell out in that time."

oh dios mio ... these guests ....
20 minutes later....

"TM from market go on 4." on 4? "can you bring to guest service TWO lobster bisk panera soups for a guest." sure im in the backroom, so ill be a minute getting up there. "ok thats fine."
ok where am i? the bailer, the farthest corner of the store from P-Fresh. i have never walked as slow at target while on the clock as i did to get this soup and i stayed along the perimeter of the store i didnt even try to get there any fastest. *I* then had to walk the length of the store AGAIN to return to checklanes, and when i got up there ... the guest snatched it from my hand, didnt say thank you and tried walking out without paying. WTF?

@Midoninger There's just something about the lobster bisque that makes certain people crazy. I mean, yes, it's a seasonal soup in Panera stores and sometimes we run out, but people need to chill! Once had a lady ask if we had any more in the back (3 were on the shelf) and then insist that she wanted the "fresher" ones, even though the difference in the expiration date was two weeks... and neither were going to expire for at least 2 months. I knew she was going to get the ones she wanted either way, so I just gave her a slightly stern look and handed her the ones straight out of the box.

you could try breaking it down to the metroracks and have 1 tm to a rack.

yes, our special table is in the breakroom after its been QMOS'd as no one buys that stuff where i live.

market you have a guest on the phone!
"target?" ... "yes we carry panera lobster bisk soup" ... "we have plenty it wont run out." ... "well no sir, we cant set aside food, especially refrigerated food, its store policy" ... "sir, im sorry we can not set aside food, especially refrigerated food, its our store policy we can not set it aside for you." .... "we have plenty instock sir there is no way we will sell out. it will be hear when you come in." .... 9_9 are you kidding me? "SIR, it is our store policy that we can not set aside ANY food, for a guest. refrigerated food has no where to be stored at the service desk. we will NOT sell out by the time it takes you to get here--" .... "sir, thats a 20 minute drive, i sincerely doubt we'd sell out in that time."

oh dios mio ... these guests ....
20 minutes later....

"TM from market go on 4." on 4? "can you bring to guest service TWO lobster bisk panera soups for a guest." sure im in the backroom, so ill be a minute getting up there. "ok thats fine."
ok where am i? the bailer, the farthest corner of the store from P-Fresh. i have never walked as slow at target while on the clock as i did to get this soup and i stayed along the perimeter of the store i didnt even try to get there any fastest. *I* then had to walk the length of the store AGAIN to return to checklanes, and when i got up there ... the guest snatched it from my hand, didnt say thank you and tried walking out without paying. WTF?

God I hate the people who are too fuckin' lazy to get the thing themselves.

@Midoninger There's just something about the lobster bisque that makes certain people crazy. I mean, yes, it's a seasonal soup in Panera stores and sometimes we run out, but people need to chill! Once had a lady ask if we had any more in the back (3 were on the shelf) and then insist that she wanted the "fresher" ones, even though the difference in the expiration date was two weeks... and neither were going to expire for at least 2 months. I knew she was going to get the ones she wanted either way, so I just gave her a slightly stern look and handed her the ones straight out of the box.

"Oh I'm sorry there was an error, we don't have any in the back."

"Oh I'm sorry there was an error, we don't have any in the back."
"Accidentally" pours the box of soup on the floor and "accidentally" stomps all the plastic bowls open... "Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, I had better go get some things to clean this up!"
Never gonna happen, but a girl can dream. :)

its packed soup! how fucking fresh could it possible be? your basically buying left overs you dumbass!

so whos heard about market/food ave/starbucks becoming 1 work center with the same leader over all of it. the PA role is to be gone, and replaced with FA, Food assistant.
ALSO! super bowl weekend!

its packed soup! how fucking fresh could it possible be? your basically buying left overs you dumbass!

so whos heard about market/food ave/starbucks becoming 1 work center with the same leader over all of it. the PA role is to be gone, and replaced with FA, Food assistant.
ALSO! super bowl weekend!

I have heard of this, and know I know I left Market at a good time.

I've been keeping up with the AE2017 thread and it sounds like that there's going to be a lot of leadership changes. FA and Starbucks are going to have one TL between the two of them, Bakery and Deli are going to have 1 TL between the two of them, one TL is going to be over Meat/Dairy/Frozen/Produce, and dry Market is going to have one TL (less certain about this last one).
Edit: I haven't heard anything at all about Food Assistants and my leadership has been saying for about a year now that the Food Assistant position no longer exists.

Combing workcenters and dropping the PA position makes sense. Consumables was assigned less than half the hours we received last week and our district is running a process with more fdc trucks/ week. Half the hours twice the deliveries. Feels a lot like they are trying to performance out people. We are a high volume pfresh

A vol pfresh. Wrote my schedule this morning and was surprised to see that our hours actually went up. 14 more than the previous.

whats the difference between food assistant and perishable assistant?

perhaps this only include the stores part of the market team pilot they did?

My impression is that Food Assistants help in areas that do food prep, like deli, bakery, etc. Perishables assistants would then be the ones to deal with the prepackaged food only areas, like frozen, dairy, and dry grocery. Meat is kind of a weird middle area because they do no prep, but they do have to tag some things with expiration dates and labels and apply coupon stickers.

Combing workcenters and dropping the PA position makes sense. Consumables was assigned less than half the hours we received last week and our district is running a process with more fdc trucks/ week. Half the hours twice the deliveries. Feels a lot like they are trying to performance out people. We are a high volume pfresh

Or to performance out P-Fresh, The thing that always got me was how much Target all talked about RedCard - Loyalty - 5% off - Much Savings- etc... yet they have completely ignored their most loyalty driven workcenter (Pfresh, which loyalty to that department increases loyalty in EVERY department). I had Guests i knew by name, who came in regularly. and it was never just that turkey/hamburger salad that was in their cart.

Next week is a huge Hours cut across the board, for everyone, I have gotten atleast 38 hours for the past 3 years, next week I am at 30.... I asked my TL if I could use sick time to make up my hours lost, she said no... I quickly reply with, what if I call out one day, then you ask me to come in another day ;p.

She just looked at me like "you idiot"

Last edited:
How much of a leadership role do you take on as a PA?

Currently I've been having issues with some TM's being much too slow pushing the freight, personally I don't wish to/ feel we're too underpaid to pull them aside and even say "hey so I know today you have done only a flat of cereal and it's been two hours, tell me what your routine is" sorta deal.

The other three PA's I feel don't take the logistic aspect of this process as seriously as they should, and I'm consistently getting called out by the ETL and BRTL for updates on the push, backstock even when the other PA's are there. I know I want to move up but after 5 years of trying my best, taking on new tasks to see no promotion in sight, I'm just burned out.

Last edited:
Or to performance out P-Fresh, The thing that always got me was how much Target all talked about RedCard - Loyalty - 5% off - Much Savings- etc... yet they have completely ignored their most loyalty driven workcenter (Pfresh, which loyalty to that department increases loyalty in EVERY department). I had Guests i knew by name, who came in regularly. and it was never just that turkey/hamburger salad that was in their cart.

Next week is a huge Hours cut across the board, for everyone, I have gotten atleast 38 hours for the past 3 years, next week I am at 30.... I asked my TL if I could use sick time to make up my hours lost, she said no... I quickly reply with, what if I call out one day, then you ask me to come in another day ;p.

She just looked at me like "you idiot"

um i use sick time weekly to keep my hours on average. last week i used 6 on a day i didnt work. depends on your store i guess.

How much of a leadership role do you take on as a PA?

Currently I've been having issues with some TM's being much too slow pushing the freight, personally I don't wish to/ feel we're too underpaid to pull them aside and even say "hey so I know today you have done only a flat of cereal and it's been two hours, tell me what your routine is" sorta deal.

They other three PA's I feel don't take the logistic aspect of this process as seriously as they should, and I'm consistently getting called out by the ETL and BRTL for updates on the push, backstock even when the other PA's are there. I know I want to move up but after 5 years of trying my best, taking on new tasks to see no promotion in sight, I'm just burned out.

being a PA you are expected to own market, and as such drive any TMs to complete any goals you may have. PA is not limited to JUST pFresh, ALL of market including the backroom market areas. within the core role you are expected to make bold moves to drive sales and move product. each TL will have different expectations for there assistant mind you, but yeah, in the store and on the floor is best idea.

Back