Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Fuckers are cutting us on strawberries we will be out as of today. I ordered 30 cases to come in on Wednesday zero on the way thanks FDC.

And fuck again for not putting the cover on the bananas that's cause the divers have taken them all to use as a tarp on the ground for camping. I got that first hand from one of my drivers.

Fuckers are cutting us on strawberries we will be out as of today. I ordered 30 cases to come in on Wednesday zero on the way thanks FDC.

And fuck again for not putting the cover on the bananas that's cause the divers have taken them all to use as a tarp on the ground for camping. I got that first hand from one of my drivers.
Who want to sleep in a dirty, ripped up blanket that a hobo would be ashamed to be seen carrying?

At my store they don't let PAs have every other weekend off because we're "not TLs". I work Tuesday through Saturday and have every Sunday and Monday off which I like. Every Tuesday morning is always empty in produce and bakery but it gets mostly filled up from the truck. After the truck I get to fill some outs and do research.
That stinks! I am lucky to have every other weekend off. However, whenever I come in Monday, things always seem to be a mess and I find out of dates that were not couponed or pulled.

etl-sf: "oh midoninger youve been doing so well and pfresh looks a lot better since youve been in there!"
me: "thanks!"
first nice thing theyve ever said to me wow! .... then the other shoe dropped ...
etl-sf: were starting the interviews for PA tomorrow, we'll pull you at 10. sound good?"
me: "for ...?"
etl-sf: "youve been doing such a great job, were going to interview you for it! :D"
me "D: why? no!"
etl-sf: we like you in that role your doing a good job! just do it and besides your new TL wants you in that role, see you tomorrow! (megaman teleports away)"
me: "D:"

Another banana story
16402924_568139733394935_6191688081953502396_o.jpg

Oh no banana bread

etl-sf: "oh midoninger youve been doing so well and pfresh looks a lot better since youve been in there!"
me: "thanks!"
first nice thing theyve ever said to me wow! .... then the other shoe dropped ...
etl-sf: were starting the interviews for PA tomorrow, we'll pull you at 10. sound good?"
me: "for ...?"
etl-sf: "youve been doing such a great job, were going to interview you for it! :D"
me "D: why? no!"
etl-sf: we like you in that role your doing a good job! just do it and besides your new TL wants you in that role, see you tomorrow! (megaman teleports away)"
me: "D:"
You're already doing the job, you may as well get paid for it.

You're already doing the job, you may as well get paid for it.

Yup. Pay bump, plus better hours usually. Take it.

so our new CTL and ETL-SF interviewed me today. at the same time. CTL really wanted me in this role.
ETL-SF .....
they butted in in the middle of my sentence when answering a question about conflict, by saying, "no! im a supervisor and i can interupt this interview!" this was preceded by them looking frustrated AF. ETL-SF also told the CTL that they would write down my answers, and that CTL was to not. which i felt was strange then, their interjection was to ask me about the nutty TM situation we have and how ive worked to resolve that. i explained that i was told to stay out of it and i did. this infuriated the ETL-SF and in an angry way said, "oh! so that situation is at a stand still then? youve done NOTHING to resolve that then?" i explained no, CTL told me to not do anything about it. CTL explained too. ETL SF was pissed and sat with their arms folded looking like a child who was told "no." like wtf?
then at the end, ETL-SF said something like, if youre really qualified for this job why is market so behind in its tasks? the CTL answered for me that we are at half our staff, with no direction from the leadership whatsoever, but despite that, the team as a whole has been doing really well, and since midoninger has been focused on pfresh, its been looking better. ETL-SF rolled their eyes and said whatever.
i like how the day before ETL-SF was all smiles about interviewing me then in the actual interview tried to down me.

so now i feel like, if i did get that role ETL-SF is going to be a hindrance and scrutinize everything that goes one to make a point that 'I'M" poor for the job. and i felt it was a bit wrong of ETL-SF to even bring up another TM during MY interview especially 1 that the whole team has been complaining about, except me as i was told to stay away and keep out of it.

never before have i had a job interview where i walked away hoping i DIDNT get it.

now heading to indeed.com .....

the CTL didnt want that TM because there is paper work involved and they knew that TM wouldnt do it. Also that TM HATES the walkies and never carries one. but said TMs issue was this, they didnt want to work nights. and when they were brought to the office, as i understand it, they didnt even sit down, TM out and out said NO and then fuck off. TM was seriously back within 5 minutes. That TM is a brat and a "not my job"er so no one was shocked.

and because ETL-SF is misandristic there was an outside applicant that is female who applied for the role. mind you and i want to make this clear, im not, nor will i be mad that im not getting this role, im more disgusted that this is how leadership conducts itself in my store.

in any case i have a 3 day weekend. i need to get away from there.

Same. If all this is actually how it's playing out, there's fundamental problems at your store, mido. It starts at the top and works it's way down.

I gotta say that your posts about your store are trully mind boggling. I've worked at 3 stores and never witnessed this level of drama and unprofessionalism in leadership.

Same. If all this is actually how it's playing out, there's fundamental problems at your store, mido. It starts at the top and works it's way down.

well, all ill say is when you have an STL who speaks like Cher and Dion from Cluelessand conducts themself as such, and ETLs in their EARLY 20s and visibly cant handle the stress and expectations, this is what happens.
etl-LOG is in his 40s so i dont know if they are at a 0 fucks to give phase or just cowardly and dismissive or what, but something is up with them as theyve dyed their beard, where all his grays were, (that *I* and flow gave him!) and took off 6 weekends off in a row to get a half sleeve tattoo of a sun flower i think, to which THAT boyscout got ink? so i dunno hes just been weird.

but i know with new CTL, who was CTL when i started at that store, then got moved around and is back in the saddle things will change for the better. i know them. they strict and brand. if anything else, my work center will be a good one again.
but for the next 3 days i want my only concerns to be:
-should i get a new mattress
-should i go out for breakfast
-which anime will i watch first
-do i need to charge my phone
-should i dip into my gundam model back log or go and buy a new kit lol

on tuesday when i go back then i can resume the mentality of "not my circus not my monkeys" and "not my daddies store"

well, all ill say is when you have an STL who speaks like Cher and Dion from Cluelessand conducts themself as such, and ETLs in their EARLY 20s and visibly cant handle the stress and expectations, this is what happens.
etl-LOG is in his 40s so i dont know if they are at a 0 fucks to give phase or just cowardly and dismissive or what, but something is up with them as theyve dyed their beard, where all his grays were, (that *I* and flow gave him!) and took off 6 weekends off in a row to get a half sleeve tattoo of a sun flower i think, to which THAT boyscout got ink? so i dunno hes just been weird.

but i know with new CTL, who was CTL when i started at that store, then got moved around and is back in the saddle things will change for the better. i know them. they strict and brand. if anything else, my work center will be a good one again.
but for the next 3 days i want my only concerns to be:
-should i get a new mattress
-should i go out for breakfast
-which anime will i watch first
-do i need to charge my phone
-should i dip into my gundam model back log or go and buy a new kit lol

on tuesday when i go back then i can resume the mentality of "not my circus not my monkeys" and "not my daddies store"
New kit, new kit!

Back