Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

It's a lot of stuff. Means that it'll pull in the auto fills and not be empty until the merchandisers come around.

So Kellogg is getting rid of DSD

By August

That's cheezits
Please don't say that. Will it going be back to detail check in or maybe going to our warehouses. Maybe just your region. Dsd is just so easy. Go ahead and let it be a detail check in it will be another vendor non receivers are scared to check in

Yup, still a percent. They may make you take a lower score though "since you already got a raise this year" every pa we've ever had promoted has been downgraded that years review since it's a dollar raise.

my review was done before the previous CTL left. so i may be safe as they had no idea who was going to be PA. so its signed sealed and delivered!

i have to train the team, likely in batch form, on how to use the scale. were getting close to summer and we carry ribs which need to be weighed. im thinking when we do the easter egg door to order hams and put them on the bottom shelf. i just need to find the spiral ham DPCI and ill be set. but thats a month away if not more. but we have ribs now ...

Please don't say that. Will it going be back to detail check in or maybe going to our warehouses. Maybe just your region. Dsd is just so easy. Go ahead and let it be a detail check in it will be another vendor non receivers are scared to check in
Kellogg product is going to start coming on our GM truck, one less vendor to deal with for me.

i have to train the team, likely in batch form, on how to use the scale. were getting close to summer and we carry ribs which need to be weighed. im thinking when we do the easter egg door to order hams and put them on the bottom shelf. i just need to find the spiral ham DPCI and ill be set. but thats a month away if not more. but we have ribs now ...
That would be a steritech violation I'm pretty sure. Only eggs or poultry can be under eggs/poultry.

Anyone else piloting an fdc truck everyday? We start tomorrow and I'm curious to know if anyone else is and what process if any they have put into place that is working or what to avoid? Tia

We've been receiving fdc daily for over a year I think. It's a great way to keep light inventory
It helps a LOT with keeping production ingredients on hand and fresh, too. We'd be requisitioning so much lettuce from the floor for salads if we weren't able to order it daily, at least until we got the hang of it. We get awful batches of lettuce every once in a while...

Anyone else piloting an fdc truck everyday? We start tomorrow and I'm curious to know if anyone else is and what process if any they have put into place that is working or what to avoid? Tia
Yes we started about 3 weeks ago and I love it only order 6 boxes of bananas and about 100 produce each day Order enough for 1 day. As for frozen it only comes Monday Wednesday Friday everything else comes everyday

Last edited:
omg FDC everyday would suck at my store ... although if it made it smaller, hmm ... but with 5 TMs total ugh ...

so my opener comes in an hour and half late, so im left to do all autos alone at first, THEN, at 8am my closer calls to say they wont be coming tonight. so no closer. we have 3-4 pallets of DC push to do. sundays going to be a "funday" ....

omg FDC everyday would suck at my store ... although if it made it smaller, hmm ... but with 5 TMs total ugh ...

so my opener comes in an hour and half late, so im left to do all autos alone at first, THEN, at 8am my closer calls to say they wont be coming tonight. so no closer. we have 3-4 pallets of DC push to do. sundays going to be a "funday" ....

There are 5 TMs in my dept. 2 PAs (we alternate days working 7a-2:30p) 1 FDC dedicated TM (m/w/f 5 hr shift) and 2 closers that alternate shifts. We do not have mids and the closers leave at 9pm. We are allocated less than 100 hours per week in an A volume store. So yeah, I feel your pain.

We have 2 TMs pushing dairy about 1 1/2 pallets 4 days a week. The other 3 days we have. 3 TMs pushing dairy and freezer sbout 1 1/2 dairy and 3 freezer pallets they are scheduled 5 to 7 hrs each. The PA is in charge of pushing bananas produce and meat. It works out but still a struggle each day. No market team for dry yet that's coming in April or May

We have 2 TMs pushing dairy about 1 1/2 pallets 4 days a week. The other 3 days we have. 3 TMs pushing dairy and freezer sbout 1 1/2 dairy and 3 freezer pallets they are scheduled 5 to 7 hrs each. The PA is in charge of pushing bananas produce and meat. It works out but still a struggle each day. No market team for dry yet that's coming in April or May

We were apart of the the Market Rollout for dry grocery Team but it was scrapped in our entire district after 5 months. On paper it works but with payroll being allocated at the STLs discretion it will not happen. That team of 10 they promise will be reduced to 3-4 within a month and the 300 hours you get will be less than 100 in less than 6 weeks. Beware

We were apart of the the Market Rollout for dry grocery Team but it was scrapped in our entire district after 5 months. On paper it works but with payroll being allocated at the STLs discretion it will not happen. That team of 10 they promise will be reduced to 3-4 within a month and the 300 hours you get will be less than 100 in less than 6 weeks. Beware
Wow that will be a bummer.
All the hype at my store right now.
And we are also getting a remodel for pfresh and dry grocery in April May

That is the target way.

There are 5 TMs in my dept. 2 PAs (we alternate days working 7a-2:30p) 1 FDC dedicated TM (m/w/f 5 hr shift) and 2 closers that alternate shifts. We do not have mids and the closers leave at 9pm. We are allocated less than 100 hours per week in an A volume store. So yeah, I feel your pain.

we get 180~200hrs a week, and its never enough. between call outs or the flow TL thinking he can take the market TMs for their needs, which then has audacity to get mad when theyre caught doing that .... its hard to get what we have to get done done. on and LODs with their own agendas too ...

get ready as now youll do POG, Instocks, Backroom, and Flow! all for the same rate of pay! but only for what pertains to market ... at first it seems well. it works ... but then they slash hours and then look confused when shit isnt done.

he's speaking the truth you know!

I have a giant desk portion in our office. The downside is everyone helping themselves to whatever they can find of they think they can't be caught.

oh they wont DARE do anything to me! they know! im called megatron for a reason! remember "bad PA"? that piece of trash? yeah! i showed them, why you dont mess with me! each time bad PA was gone, in the most brand leader pleasing fashion, i change things in pFresh to piss of bad PA. it was the best way to get to them. remerch, CULL, you know, THEIR job but done better than they. YES. and i *MADE* sure they KNEW it was me who had pissed excellence all over that pfresh dept. they tweeted that shit! it burned bad PA so hard! muhahahahaha!

so NO, my desk is secure.

Back