Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Seriously though....why just bananas. The bottom tray should have apples and granola bars or something, so it looks more like a deliberate healthy snack section. Otherwise, it looks like an abandoned fixture someone left by the lanes. It looks like an accident.

Well, we just got our banana trees less than 2 weeks ago, and now our DTL let Pepsi bring in their own banana shelving units. :rolleyes: They have shelves that they transferred the bananas to, with muscle milk on the bottom. Now my ambient room is full of fast movers and the banana trees until I can send 2 uneeded racks out next week and decide where to put our own trees.

I know we are considered a low volume store,but they shouldn't staff JUST 1 market team member in pfresh on a Friday before Easter, and to also mention we have the free 10 dollar gift card when you spend 50 or more on groceries. I notice im always the only one by myself.Since it was so busy every 20 minutes eggs and those banana stands were going out of stock,i felt like i couldn't keep up.

so maybe good maybe bad ... but on saturdays truck my TL forgot to order produce, SO a lot of guests were mad that we didnt have iceberg lettuce, celery, strawberries, BANANAS, you name it.

then i went into the dairy anf freezer to do more than pull for the first time and MONTHS.
dairy? pulled a FULL metrorack of outdated product. theres still more as im certain i saw something monarched from october 2016 ....
freezer? couldnt do the backstock as the locations are so full, they are over flowing into each other. wtf? does any one else have this issue?

nope, i go though dairy, meat (lunchables, hotdogs, lunch meat) every monday night. I toss full cases pack dairy 1 week out and look through the wacos and get what i can out and donate all.
I do produce, and fresh meat twice a week on Wednesday and Thursday morning while pushing the FDC truck.

As for freezer everything gets back stocked on truck days which is 3 days a week for freezer, rest of the stuff fresh, produce comes everyday and gets back stocked.

as for the order:
I never forget and we have 268 pieces coming in on Monday.
Although I have ordered, broccoli and cauliflower we were out Friday and Saturday before Easter.

so maybe good maybe bad ... but on saturdays truck my TL forgot to order produce, SO a lot of guests were mad that we didnt have iceberg lettuce, celery, strawberries, BANANAS, you name it.

then i went into the dairy anf freezer to do more than pull for the first time and MONTHS.
dairy? pulled a FULL metrorack of outdated product. theres still more as im certain i saw something monarched from october 2016 ....
freezer? couldnt do the backstock as the locations are so full, they are over flowing into each other. wtf? does any one else have this issue?
Does your store not have a routine for getting product out of the back before the FDC truck? I assume not with that amount of outdated product. If your locations are that full I would partner w/ a lead (food, BR, instocks, someone) to get a routine for purging things out, or go to a lead with your idea for one. :) Maybe counts aren't correct on the floor so things aren't triggering to pull?

HAMS both the Archer Farms Spiral and the Smithfield are 50% off Cartwheel.

I only have about 10 of each left they will be gone fast.

no sale on eggs ???
I still have about 500 left out of the 5,000 (Market Pantry one dozen) that we have to start.

Last edited:
We ran out of eggs early Saturday morning. I thought we were supposed to be getting full pallets of eggs. For some reason, our Friday delivery only had 8 cases or so... And we already sold through what we'd previously received. Counts aren't way off either. :/

Does your store not have a routine for getting product out of the back before the FDC truck? I assume not with that amount of outdated product. If your locations are that full I would partner w/ a lead (food, BR, instocks, someone) to get a routine for purging things out, or go to a lead with your idea for one. :) Maybe counts aren't correct on the floor so things aren't triggering to pull?

oh id believe the counts are wrong. people over push or dont push at all and leave it sit in the back.
but getting anyone to work in the freezer is SOOOOO much drama. ermergerd soooooo much drama .....

and id love to be able to work in the cooler especially every other week to move things down and out, like i was doing, but when the team is in dire need of a new line up, the push becomes priority. and im told my place is the sales floor. so they dont want me back there? fine i wont go back there. but when its such the disaster the red corss is there handing out coffee.

wow should be 30 minutes or less per u boat per person.

well, a uboat at my store is more like 45-60 min as they are often overloaded and over flowing. and if you can push the peanut butter/dressing/canned fruit uboat THAT quickly, i want to know here an now! are you the flash or on super caffeine? that boat takes forever!
but it was funny, when the team pushes mclane candy they take about 2 hours. i do it alone on saturday, get it done in an hour or so. hmmmm .....

well, a uboat at my store is more like 45-60 min as they are often overloaded and over flowing. and if you can push the peanut butter/dressing/canned fruit uboat THAT quickly, i want to know here an now! are you the flash or on super caffeine? that boat takes forever!
but it was funny, when the team pushes mclane candy they take about 2 hours. i do it alone on saturday, get it done in an hour or so. hmmmm .....
This is me at work they call me all day qmosqueen cause I never stop going

energizer-bunny.jpg

if i may have a whiny bitch moment....
my body hurts.
i think i need a new mattress because thats not how one should feel walking up. i feel flat and deflated. its weird my mattress is hard 1 one end and softer on the other.
winning powerball ticket now!
/whiny bitch

but seriously if no one reminds me i forget my 15s.
perhaps ... should ... i just disregard dry all together only focus on pfresh? as ... if thats what im told to do i should just do it, and not give 0 fucks to a a team that seems to have 0 fucks as it is. perhaps i should be more selfish?

We are moving to the new end to end system in a few weeks. I still don't really know what to expect, but one question I have is whether I will still be able to work only closing shifts? I am just not a morning person and my optimal schedule involves never waking up before noon, so I exclusively work closing shifts. My TL said something that implied that the Market team is moving away from closing, but there will obviously still have to be a Market closer, right? He implied they would get paid less or something.

We are moving to the new end to end system in a few weeks. I still don't really know what to expect, but one question I have is whether I will still be able to work only closing shifts? I am just not a morning person and my optimal schedule involves never waking up before noon, so I exclusively work closing shifts. My TL said something that implied that the Market team is moving away from closing, but there will obviously still have to be a Market closer, right? He implied they would get paid less or something.
No, there is no closing zoner in market. Ideally, the last market team member finishes up reshop/push/order/cleaning by 7 or 8 pm and takes off.

No, there is no closing zoner in market. Ideally, the last market team member finishes up reshop/push/order/cleaning by 7 or 8 pm and takes off.

I imagine this depends on the volume, though. I'm at a pretty high volume store, I forget the exact category.

Maybe my best hope is to change my availability to only available after 12pm and maybe work 12-8:30 type shifts?

I imagine this depends on the volume, though. I'm at a pretty high volume store, I forget the exact category.

Maybe my best hope is to change my availability to only available after 12pm and maybe work 12-8:30 type shifts?
Nah, it's explicitly said in the rollout guide. How your store decides to implement it is up to your STL though. Our DTL was very adamant about sticking to the guide for a few months, then adjusting as we see fit.

Nah, it's explicitly said in the rollout guide. How your store decides to implement it is up to your STL though. Our DTL was very adamant about sticking to the guide for a few months, then adjusting as we see fit.

That means someone else can QMOS out at the end of the night all the gross stuff that angry guests bring up to Guest Service or the whole carts of groceries that AP recovers from people trying to push out, I guess. Haha.

I guess it'll be okay, but I had gotten used to my schedule of always closing and I haven't been late in months. So much for that...

At that point guest service should QMOS it out. I would be livid if they recovered a cart of groceries that had to be tossed and they let it sit out all night. Took me too long to get guest service to either QMOS things or call for market instead of letting ice cream melt everywhere, or have leaking packages of chicken drip all over instead of trying to bag it. :rolleyes:

And yeah, no more closing shifts. There should be someone for afternoon autofills (or early evening on weekends), but they should be do autofills, repushing the fast movers, touching up endcaps, etc.

And yeah, no more closing shifts. There should be someone for afternoon autofills (or early evening on weekends), but they should be do autofills, repushing the fast movers, touching up endcaps, etc.

My ETL is not well informed then. He told me I would still be closing(10:30pm) at least once a week like I do now.

So who would be zoning dry market then?

I've been working 12:30 to 8 for awhile now once a week. All qmosing is completed before 7:15. Since we get a truck the next day, I make sure the floor is filled completely.

My ETL is not well informed then. He told me I would still be closing(10:30pm) at least once a week like I do now.

So who would be zoning dry market then?
at our store, we assign one person to zone dry market. i dont know if that's how it's gonna stay with the new role out, but that's how we've been doing it. we also have been able to add one more person to closing so that helps a lot.

The new rollout is coupled w/ most of dry market being put onto zone assists (pushers). As a TM pushes their truck/autofills in the AM, they will zone once push is done. Any zoning later on will only be done if all the product is pushed back and unrecognizable to a guest, or if it needs to be filled and then will be zoned.

Back