Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Anyone else unlocate their freezers and cant seem to catch up?
Also did anyone unlocate their freezer and relocate them and did it help freight flow?

Thanks

We only had bakery unlocated and I thought it was great, just purge it every morning, flex to make it look full. Only problem was we eventually had no time to purge those racks. With being understaffed and being shorted hours now it became the “last thing” on the list we never managed to get to. Thus empty table and missing sales.

We’ve relocated now and at least leadership can’t argue with us about why we aren’t done because our bakery batches normally exceed 60 DPCI’s.
:(:oops:

Anyone know how to look how perishable inventory dates on workbench?
You can search for TINV application open it and select the date from drop down window it shows the last couple dates and next 2 dates. This is the application you use on TINV day.

We only had bakery unlocated and I thought it was great, just purge it every morning, flex to make it look full. Only problem was we eventually had no time to purge those racks. With being understaffed and being shorted hours now it became the “last thing” on the list we never managed to get to. Thus empty table and missing sales.

We’ve relocated now and at least leadership can’t argue with us about why we aren’t done because our bakery batches normally exceed 60 DPCI’s.
:(:oops:
Yeah like 1/3 of our delivery for freezer is bakery we sell about 400 to 500 dollars of bakery a day. Must push and keep full every day that is the key to success.

had to take my yearly ST0020 Hazardous Material course and pass the quiz at 80% or better. First time got a 70% second time got a 100%.
Those questions are sometimes tricky, with check all and then check all but 1.

Damn who else hates doing this for 45 minutes out of their day .

Lol your store doesn't just key it? I wish we were compliant like that

Yeah like 1/3 of our delivery for freezer is bakery we sell about 400 to 500 dollars of bakery a day. Must push and keep full every day that is the key to success.
Just out of curiosity, other than Hawaiian Bread, what else flys off the shelf for you. The Toll House cookies for me will be gone within the day. Donuts, it depends which flavor. The streudels can go at a good clip. Frankly I wish corporate could knock it off with the fifteen million incarnations of seasonal cookies, especially Valentine's. It is a bit much. I bet you a gluten free, organic variant is coming down the pike. You heard it here first

Last edited:
Multigrain bread flies off as sourdough bread. Also the canyon breads sell fast. Mini bagels sell on the weekends as does the breakfast bakery.

Although right now we have 5 carts of bakery after today’s truck and table is empty.

For us it’s baguettes, French bread and ciabatta! We go through at least 5 cases or more a day between the three of those.

Multigrain bread flies off as sourdough bread. Also the canyon breads sell fast. Mini bagels sell on the weekends as does the breakfast bakery.

Although right now we have 5 carts of bakery after today’s truck and table is empty.
i love our minibagels and canyon bread

Beginning to see more, and more, of how my stores Market Team has no actual idea of how good they have it. Hearing the tears, actually gives me a post-sense of purpose.
more hours than ever, we smart huddle dry almost daily to "catch them up" and they bitch they don't get enough money or time to push and set and cashier. Lol. I did that and covered electronics ... on a Saturday morning.

I dont know about your stores but mine is horrible with how much needs to be done vs how many hours are given

On Sunday we got in a 530 piece C&S truck with only 2 people scheduled for 4 hours each. On Monday we got a 540 piece dry market unload with basically just two of us til 12 and then one closer. These trucks are killing me with having to get these done plus all the normal market tasks which now include doing the research task list in Market which is ALWAYS 40-50 things...usually half of the entire list. Doing check dates typically is 40+, rarely is it smaller than that. Having to flex endcaps at a whim of the LOD whenever they feel like just removing what is on PLANO and putting whatever they want on front, or just setting the actual POG because POG team didnt or couldnt get to it. Theres also always filling the milk, pulling all of the autofills which always takes at least an hour just to pull everything, then pushing it all out, backstocking it, shooting ALL the market outs EVERY SINGLE DAY then pulling all the research from that plus the research task list. On truck days we are technically also supposed to zone the entire aisle as we are pushing it or after we get done pushing it

I think its just pretty rediculous that between C&S push, Dry Market Push and just normal Market tasks we only get 130 hours for the entire week. Other stores might have it worse than us though...but idk...it just seems like they added a bunch of tasks when they changed stuff and barely added in hours to support it or gave us like half the hours that were being used. Before included in our hours we didnt have the time it takes to pull any of the autofills, backstock them, C&S push or Dry Market Flow push.

Just the Autofills, Research Fills, C&S Push and Dry Market flow push takes up an incredible ammount of time dealing with

Last edited:
Does anyone else see a big increase in their FDC truck for produce ? I typically order around 100 to 120 for produce every day and headquarters would normally add about 20 more. But in the past week it has been around 50 to 60 more items added. I look at my order is says 100 items and then look what fdc says is coming it’s around 150. Why so many extra items. I understand the headquartersed items like naked And bolt house juices and then the random extra green peppers and cucumbers but why 50 to 60 extra crap every day.

Last edited:
I dont know about your stores but mine is horrible with how much needs to be done vs how many hours are given

On Sunday we got in a 530 piece C&S truck with only 2 people scheduled for 4 hours each. On Monday we got a 540 piece dry market unload with basically just two of us til 12 and then one closer. These trucks are killing me with having to get these done plus all the normal market tasks which now include doing the research task list in Market which is ALWAYS 40-50 things...usually half of the entire list. Doing check dates typically is 40+, rarely is it smaller than that. Having to flex endcaps at a whim of the LOD whenever they feel like just removing what is on PLANO and putting whatever they want on front, or just setting the actual POG because POG team didnt or couldnt get to it. Theres also always filling the milk, pulling all of the autofills which always takes at least an hour just to pull everything, then pushing it all out, backstocking it, shooting ALL the market outs EVERY SINGLE DAY then pulling all the research from that plus the research task list. On truck days we are technically also supposed to zone the entire aisle as we are pushing it or after we get done pushing it

I think its just pretty rediculous that between C&S push, Dry Market Push and just normal Market tasks we only get 130 hours for the entire week. Other stores might have it worse than us though...but idk...it just seems like they added a bunch of tasks when they changed stuff and barely added in hours to support it or gave us like half the hours that were being used. Before included in our hours we didnt have the time it takes to pull any of the autofills, backstock them, C&S push or Dry Market Flow push.

Just the Autofills, Research Fills, C&S Push and Dry Market flow push takes up an incredible ammount of time dealing with
C&S day we usually have 6 people minimum, one at 4, one at 5, two at 6, one at 8 or 9, plus a closer. They deal with one pallet frozen, one or two dairy, two produce. Candy never gets done of the order unless it's smart huddled.

If its a day with regular truck add one or two more at 8am just for dry. Plus again smart huddle.

Plus add the other hltl to that because they do the salesplanners. Which the ctl inevitably changes to give to vendors because she thinks they sell better. Most of the team gets 32-40 hrs a week each, except our one closer who only works 5pm to 10pm cause its her second job. 7x40=280hrs + 25hrs=305hrs minimum for a B level store. No clue what forecast is for hours.

7x40=280hrs + 25hrs=305hrs minimum for a B level store. No clue what forecast is for hours.

Your store is very generous. Org chart 3 b volume stores should only be around 180 to 215 hours for market

That said if you want people who take pride in market and a full for Target standard department (our grocery has logistical issues on the corporate level) that's the way to schedule

Last edited:
Your store is very generous. Org chart 3 b volume stores should only be around 180 to 215 hours for market

That said if you want people who take pride in market and a full for Target standard department (our grocery has logistical issues on the corporate level) that's the way to schedule
If only they did take pride. Instead of walkng around like zombies pushing a U boat an hour. Leaving enjoy bakery tables, unevenly filled produce tables... and empty hardlines because the hours are dumped into market.

I wish my Canyon Bread would sell let alone the Sourdough. Mini bagels seem to do decent

C&S day we usually have 6 people minimum, one at 4, one at 5, two at 6, one at 8 or 9, plus a closer. They deal with one pallet frozen, one or two dairy, two produce. Candy never gets done of the order unless it's smart huddled.

If its a day with regular truck add one or two more at 8am just for dry. Plus again smart huddle.

Plus add the other hltl to that because they do the salesplanners. Which the ctl inevitably changes to give to vendors because she thinks they sell better. Most of the team gets 32-40 hrs a week each, except our one closer who only works 5pm to 10pm cause its her second job. 7x40=280hrs + 25hrs=305hrs minimum for a B level store. No clue what forecast is for hours.
I am jealous beyond words. What sales do you need in order to be a B class store?

I am jealous beyond words. What sales do you need in order to be a B class store?
We did 37 mil last year. But as mentioned we are over posting.

Today's C&S was 410 items, we had four for that, pfresh opener, plus our closer. 45hrs used. Autos weren't bad and were done before truck came. No dc truck today, although hakf of dry from yesterday was left, plus research batches the backroom pulled.

Driver came way early so they told him to come back half an hour later. I walk back and they have left me every store’s paperwork, no seals, no banana sheet. Half hour AFTER I unloaded he comes inside. Mind you this was two hours after he was supposed to be back. *facepalm*

We are an A volume store and we were given 350 hours I just had to fight them for 450. I cant get anything done and we leave over product its so annoying.

Back