1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

MEGATHREAD Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by BigEyedPhish, Nov 13, 2013.

1. glo

glo Food TL

Yeah I haven't had time to sit down and knock out the training, but I do know most of the basics. I don't think we're allocated a FSA unfortunately and I really only have one FA TM. The rest that work there are cashiers that I've had to steal while we try to get TMs hired. We're a hard to hire store with something like 12 openings. Our FA is going away later in the year and a Sbux is going in its place.

2. oath2order

oath2order Sexy Bond Girl

New market TL wants to keep the dry room empty. He said the white meat shelf liner and the black shelf matting needs to be in the fixture room.

I feel bad for my market team because I tossed it up in the fixture room steel.

Are you guys getting this nonsense about "non-food can't be in the dry room"?

Like that's stuff for cleaning and hygeine, that's the shit that *should* be in the dry room.

Deli Ninja and signingminion like this.
  3. signingminion

signingminion WAVing in the air like I just don't care

We've always hoarded market specific items above the ambient room potatoes. If they try to shove that crap in the fixture room it might just walk out the compactor door... it always has before.

4. oath2order

It's up in the steel in the back of the fixture room so it's a little bit of a challenge to get to. And I'm not helping with it; if they want it, they can get it down.

On the list of things that would not fly at my store...

We have containers out back and I need to get the FIVE fucking empty clothing racks out there. Fuckin' ridiculous.

Weird. I researched them on the 10th and they came in on the 18th. IDK.

5. indigo25

indigo25 Every day I'm QMOS'n

We have a separate shelving rack in ours that's not touching any of the racks w/ food.

qmosqueen likes this.
  6. oath2order

That's how ours was set up

7. qmosqueen

qmosqueen Perishable Assistant Wizard

Yes we use 2 4ft sections that's 8 shelves for storing freezer shelves, pushers, produce bags and meat diapers black matting.
    As we have little to no food in their mostly bananas, single onions, a few boxes of tomatoes they all fit on 3 shelves in 1 4ft section on the back wall.

8. glo

glo Food TL

So I scheduled myself early this morning to make sure my c&s team is doing alright, to change out the meat pads, and to do some cleaning...... and two of my 4 c&s workers don't show. Grrreeeeeaaaaat. And both want to apparently be on my food team.... NOPE!!

jenna, lurker, Noiinteam and 2 others like this.
  9. Midoninger

Midoninger Team Member

we got rid of that bowl, and got this small square shipper that holds only a few cases of them. thank god, that bowl was a nightmare.

i just love when i leave something for the team to push and come in after my day off and its still there.

yeah for the Food TLs with FA and SBUX, my TL has me and a assistant for FA/SBUX and were lower volume. so if we do and youre high volume id make the case you need the extra eyes and ears and have that person to help convey your ideals and messages and drive the team in your place.

Deli Ninja and qmosqueen like this.
  10. qmosqueen

same here i put an x or (my special mark) on a box that i know needs pushed,
    sometimes put it on the pull cart before I leave, the next day it's STO'd in a location WTF

Midoninger likes this.
  11. Midoninger

Midoninger Team Member

omg you have a special mark too?! XD

first im told no bakery came in. as for whatever reason my team has some grudge against bakery push. then, when i backstock the freezer, as they are little bitches when it comes to the cold, i find ALL the bakery push that came in as its product NOT monarched. so i put it all on a metrorack and when i left last sunday said that it was the 1pm CAF. they didnt push it. it didnt get pushed until wednesday. then i did research in the bakery section, i go into the back and do my pull ... WTF? i found shit i needed unlocated in the case locations.
    upon finding this, i could practically feel the venom glistening on my fangs ....

im dreading more and more as we get closer to april. the pallets of eggs .....

12. indigo25

indigo25 Every day I'm QMOS'n

Why would my district make our Grocery Rollout Training day right after inventory...? I can't wait to drive 4hrs at 4 in the morning with the two worst ETLs when I leave the store at 11 the night before. o_O

Midoninger, Logo and qmosqueen like this.
  13. glo

glo Food TL

Inventory is specific to your store and the training is set up by your group. Maybe it's the least disruptive day for all 50 or so stores in your group.

14. qmosqueen

[​IMG]

15. signingminion

U boats showed up Monday... receiver tried to pawn them off onto me.... lol nope. Thinking I need to sneak in the organic produce training quiz though. Gotta keep my skills on point.

16. OP
    OP
    BigEyedPhish

BigEyedPhish Sr. Team Leader

Was told today that we are getting a "Market Team" of 18 people.

Fuck You Target, A year ago it was just me, and a Lazy Bus Thrower.

Luckily I was born with the strength to catch buses, but it weighs on you.

17. signingminion

We can't keep two PAs plus the ctl and some purple for c&s. No way will they find a team for this rollout... it's gonna be a bigger shit show than it is now.

18. OP
    OP
    BigEyedPhish

If he did this you can bet your ass a few of them will become my own personal Signing Mules.

Hardlinesmaster and SFSFun like this.
  19. Midoninger

Midoninger Team Member

i know how you feel. suddenly the least important thing will become important, and you wont be able to help feel bitter about how suddenly everyone wants to help.

purple?
    yeah our team of 10 has dropped down to maybe 5? and we just got new people and as predicted, the hours dropped to have the extra help. on top of payroll crunch period.
    im semi glad i got FA as now im set to not have fewer hours, but UGH! some of the guys on my team when from 32~35 1 week to 14 the next. so it sucks ... for them lol

im not trying to bash my TL but its their first solo weekend. i saw the schedule. its the Z team for sure..... but at least Flow TL doesnt work this weekend.

ALSO the uboats belong to market! no one shall claim them!

qmosqueen likes this.
  20. OP
    OP
    BigEyedPhish

The Ironic thing is my store has taken my Signing Hours away from me to fuel hours for the new Market team...

Yet the new Market TL, and PA's come to me daily for advice.

I need a new job.