Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Had a guest a couple of weeks ago get mad because we dont sell the starbucks salted caramel cold brew drinks and that none of the closest targets as well. He said I should be able to since I do the orders but golly jeez sir I'm sorry I dont know how to order right for our guests :)

Way too many eggs were sent to us every single day, more than we would have ever needed.

I'm kind of upset after today when our LOD was bitching at me and the PA for not stocking some empty things on the shelf, when she has us doing freight and then from the time we get that done she had us doing man caf, research pulls, and we had to fill juices from behind still and backstock a few more things and just other random shit... fill milk, eggs. but while she has us all doing that, between having us do many pulls and being stuck in the cooler for hours at a time, but then we have to work all that out and backstock/get rid of cardboard she and other ETL there decided to get after us for not having heavy whipping cream on the shelf and it's like "Well, we would have gotten to it, but we've been stuck in the cooler pulling shit and then working that out"

and it's like yeah we probably should have noticed and did an EXF or something(actually I just realized our half and half and whipping creams aren't located so we can just take them and stock them) but when we're running around like that focusing on the man caf, researches, and autos it's just insane to notice every little thing. There's just so much to do the entire day and it keeps us very busy, but it's hard sometimes. It doesn't help every man caf is at least 300 DPCI and like 700 eaches, autos are about the same, and not many team members are there to work it out efficiently.. either because no one else is scheduled, or they've been sent to help our meat department... usually both lol.

How do you guys split your teams. I run a a volume store and can’t finish all our push. How do you guys break the team down for each room? And what time do they do each room

How do you guys split your teams. I run a a volume store and can’t finish all our push. How do you guys break the team down for each room? And what time do they do each room
We just wave it. That way we don’t have to break down pallets and take less trips to the back. I usually keep whoever I had pull dry autofills in dry pushing while the rest of my team knocks out C&S. After that, one stays in the back and does the cold backstock and the rest work the truck.

We use shift tags so each TM knows what they are responsible for. They pull and push their batches, and push and backstock their uboats from the line. The TMs on pfresh (usually an opener and a mid) complete the opening routines, pull and push their batches, then break down all of the pallets onto uboats and work them one at a time.

How do you divide up market into zones, and how do you get it to run efficiently and consistently? I keep hearing people refer to "your area" or "your zone" and I take it to mean that some stores divide up their Market into sections and the same TMs work those sections consistently. It's a foreign concept for me because in my store everyone does a little bit of everything and I kid you not, the process is completely different every single truck day. There's no routine or consistency and I think it's super inefficient because everyone has to keep checking in with the TL or FA for tasks, OR the TL/FA will give you different/conflicting tasks every 15m, lol.

How do you divide up market into zones, and how do you get it to run efficiently and consistently? I keep hearing people refer to "your area" or "your zone" and I take it to mean that some stores divide up their Market into sections and the same TMs work those sections consistently.
My store divides up the fillgroups among three TMs on a dry grocery truck day. But not the same TM doing the same thing each day. The uboats on the line are sorted by aisle (there's a custom block for each valley). On non-truck days there's just one TM for dry grocery.

The TMs scheduled for pfresh just do everything over there. The opener knows to do the pulls and opening stuff before starting on the FDC truck, and the mid jumps in and helps finish it.

We divide dry by aisles. 1 Peanut Butter, Mayo, Olives, Pasta, Asian, Hispanic, Soups and a part of Baking. 2: 2nd part of Baking, Coffee, Tea, Cereal. 3: Wine. 4: Peanuts, Dried Fruits, and Candy. 5: Snacks. 6:Bev.

Each one would do: outs, push and backstock their truck load (their uboats) and zone, research. Pull and backstock their batches. Also each their own clearance and discontinued but clearance is still mostly done by price change but we push them. Discontinued... our TL decides on which tm would help do discontinued depending on how busy it is. Salesplanner is usually assigned to me as I'm the most experienced but our TL is still training the others on it as they still need to know how to do it. We each maintain our own aisles in the backroom. Most days, we get it done but it does get overwhelming at times. I experienced a day without a truck and we just did deep fill... it was wonderful. It makes me wish Flow would do the truck again and we would just do deep fill each day.

Oh we stopped doing autofills and as far as I know, they only do CAFs for all fillgroups except snacks and bev and that's not everyday. No one really replenish snacks or bevs but the morning team. I don't know why but they don't as far as I can tell.

We have on our schedules a Consumables Team Tag and a Frozen Dairy tag to let TMs know where they're going. So, for real, my store has two separate grocery work centers, three if you count produce, four if you count deli, I would say five if you count Bakery but I think my Bakery either doesn't have a TL or my Deli TL runs it.

I'd say out store has It set up with our dry team and our pfresh team. And both teams go thier separate ways. And each person has a tag within dry and pfresh to tell you where to go and what to do. For example f2 is dairy.

Nice to hear I’m not the only one that has leadership that completely ignores grocery.
Our Hardlines ETL has pushed the food truck several times over the past few weeks because it keeps showing up 8+ hours late.

Our Hardlines ETL has pushed the food truck several times over the past few weeks because it keeps showing up 8+ hours late.
Try no truck on Saturday and then only 1 Sunday morning and no truck until 3 pm Monday that’s 10 hrs late it it was a double 1300 pieces.

Grower boxes sap numbers
AX7486 for 12 pack inserts.
AX7487 for 4pack plastic black stand, cardboard main part, and feet.
Thanks @glo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 66
Back