Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Lol our c&s decided not to deliver until Tuesday night so we have trucks on Wednesday and Thursday.

Double gm on Wednesday too lol. I wish we had daily deliveries but we’re not super high volume. Fresher product and smaller loads.
Smaller loads I wish, 3 produce pallets 1 banana pallet, 1 meat / produce, 4 dairy and 2 freezer. well that’s just a typical delivery.

Double gm on Wednesday too lol. I wish we had daily deliveries but we’re not super high volume. Fresher product and smaller loads.
We're not a high volume food store by any means, and we still get daily deliveries. It's probably only for FDC stores and might also have to do with proximity (we're 3-4 hours away from the FDC).

FDC, and we take daily trucks. Not every kind of delivery every day (frozen comes less often) but the rest is daily. Usually about 5 pallets of a manageable size; on a bad day they'll be completely full and sometimes there will be a 6th.

“Hey glo we know we forwarded you an email from your group grocery director with a laundry list of things to do before Thursday when she comes in, but we had your team do manuals all day thanks good luck oh and they didn’t finish so they left them out on the floor for you can you finish them thanks”

“Hey glo we know we forwarded you an email from your group grocery director with a laundry list of things to do before Thursday when she comes in, but we had your team do manuals all day thanks good luck oh and they didn’t finish so they left them out on the floor for you can you finish them thanks”
They've been pulling that shit on my BRTL for weeks. "Hey make sure you're doing 12 steps in 2 aisles per day after you finish pulling half the autofills and backstocking a 2300 piece truck solo. The GVP will be coming this week and plans to audit your completed aisles. We added a couple of cashiers to the schedule to help you out. They start 15 minutes before you leave so just give them a quick training on backroom before you go."

He stopped telling people when he was leaving because it just turns into a 30 minute chat where they question why he didn't get everything done and he explains the unrealistic expectations for the millionth time.

They've been pulling that shit on my BRTL for weeks. "Hey make sure you're doing 12 steps in 2 aisles per day after you finish pulling half the autofills and backstocking a 2300 piece truck solo. The GVP will be coming this week and plans to audit your completed aisles. We added a couple of cashiers to the schedule to help you out. They start 15 minutes before you leave so just give them a quick training on backroom before you go."

He stopped telling people when he was leaving because it just turns into a 30 minute chat where they question why he didn't get everything done and he explains the unrealistic expectations for the millionth time.
I’ve gotten pretty used to my leadership working against me tbh.

Not really a vent, but something that's just fucking hilarious to me.

Today, while doing freight, my team lead decides he wants to fill eggs, so he brings out a fast rack of eggs, and somewhere in the middle of that he dropped a 6-count pack of simply balanced eggs and one singular yolk oozed it's way out onto the floor... my team leader says "gosh darn eggs"

then, back in the cooler, I was moving some of the fast racks with eggs around and I wasn't aware he hadn't put those eggs in the qmos bin yet, and as I was shifting it, the 6-pack fell onto the ground again, and one singular yolk once again oozed onto the floor, and my team lead just looks over and goes "God damn eggs" and he sounded just so genuinely inconvenienced by these eggs. He goes over and picks it up for me(as I was about to) and he puts them back on the fast rack after me and him cleaned it up with a mop and stuff.

He goes to push the fast rack back into it's spot... and two boxes of eggs fall down... and the now 3-count pack of eggs fall onto the ground, again, with a single yolk just oozing itself out onto the ground. Initially he says "That didn't sound good." and then he realized the same pack of eggs on the ground again with one yolk on the floor and he goes "these fucking eggs" and I just have been laughing about it all day.

He sounds just so inconvenienced by this and it's just like "these god damn eggs, these pesky eggs" and I sat in the cooler after he left probably laughing for a good solid 10 seconds. Thanks team leader, your stress literally just de-stressed me. You laughed with me at the irony of it being that single pack and only one egg getting destroyed every time, but idek man.

You cannot put eggs two boxes deep on a metro. We have a very wide metro especially built just for eggs to hold these boxes two deep.
so we can get 6 boxes all on 1 shelf without hanging over. Using the roof we get 24 boxes of eggs comporately on the fast mover

You cannot put eggs two boxes deep on a metro. We have a very wide metro especially built just for eggs to hold these boxes two deep.
so we can get 6 boxes all on 1 shelf without hanging over. Using the roof we get 24 boxes of eggs comporately on the fast mover

Yeah wr don't stack our eggs either, he bumped into a rack for the juices and the boxes fell down

When you have so many eggs you gotta build an endcap since they were constantly pushing a pallet at you every truck and then Christmas comes around and there’s no no eggs. Nice job C&S fucked me over. And please continue to push a bunch of yogurt during Christmas instead because that’s what sells not sour cream or cookies oh well

When you have so many eggs you gotta build an endcap since they were constantly pushing a pallet at you every truck and then Christmas comes around and there’s no no eggs. Nice job C&S fucked me over. And please continue to push a bunch of yogurt during Christmas instead because that’s what sells not sour cream or cookies oh well
YES please, legit ran out of eggs and had to flex anything breakfast related and egg whites out. Even put out turkeys and had them defrost (with a date/time displayed for when they started). Pallet after pallet of eggs came in but when we needed them most we received about 5 boxes.

YES please, legit ran out of eggs and had to flex anything breakfast related and egg whites out. Even put out turkeys and had them defrost (with a date/time displayed for when they started). Pallet after pallet of eggs came in but when we needed them most we received about 5 boxes.

I love when guests are like what. How do you not have eggs. You guys shoulder order better :/ thanks pal. I can’t order the eggs but okie lol

Back