Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Grower boxes sap numbers
AX7486 for 12 pack inserts.
AX7487 for 4pack plastic black stand, cardboard main part, and feet.
Thanks @glo
Are the salads on cheese pushers?
Does it help and look better than the regular pushers I can really see. And thats so cool that the bacon is there. Honestly really smart and could be a good tie in. Anyone else do anything cool with their set ups?

Its funny how we went from merchandising produce on shoe rack shelves to the grower bins and it shot sales up. Just the difference of how you merchandise. Anyone see negative comps tho?

Does anyone have the parts number for the cooler shelves? I think they are the Tyler style from Hussman but I am not too sure. I need to replace a lot of them. If I remember correctly it indicated Ys1000 or something or another on the zebra but it did not correlate to anything SAP and workbench had no idea what I was talking about. I tried talking to my ETLS to get info but I seem to be at a dead end there.
There is a fixture book on workbench. It should be listed there.

How long can frozen/refrigerated skids be left on the floor before they need to go back to the freezer/cooler? I'm not a market person but I keep having to push stuff there and I keep getting different answers at my store.

Thanks, guys. I was being told 30min but I was also being told 10 and 15, which didn't sound right.

Does anyone have the parts number for the cooler shelves? I think they are the Tyler style from Hussman but I am not too sure. I need to replace a lot of them. If I remember correctly it indicated Ys1000 or something or another on the zebra but it did not correlate to anything SAP and workbench had no idea what I was talking about. I tried talking to my ETLS to get info but I seem to be at a dead end there.
I ended up mysupporting ordering shelves for my stores coolers, any part number I used pulled up nothing on SAP. Mysupport has me attach and picture of the coolers info tag and then Hussman sales rep contacted me via email to confirm all the info. Make sure you tell mysupport how many shelves you need to order.

Hey guys with your Consumables teams do you guys also have to push, backstock, research the checklanes candies as well. This store goes through candy like nobody's business. We already have to do the Qmos and all defectives that come from Dry as well. Another store i know of, would have the candy pushed by the gstl and the cashier's while the defectives from dry goods would be taken care of by guest service. Is there a procedure that is considered best practice?

Last edited:
I ended up mysupporting ordering shelves for my stores coolers, any part number I used pulled up nothing on SAP. Mysupport has me attach and picture of the coolers info tag and then Hussman sales rep contacted me via email to confirm all the info. Make sure you tell mysupport how many shelves you need to order.
Thank you! Can I do the same with the rolling green racks? My store is behind on going onto the grocery operating model

Hey guys with your Consumables teams do you guys also have to push, backstock, research the checklanes candies as well. This store goes through candy like nobody's business. We already have to do the Qmos and all defectives that come from Dry as well. Another store i know of, would have the candy pushed by the gstl and the cashier's while the defectives from dry goods would be taken care of by guest service. Is there a procedure that is considered best practice?

ASANTS......Checklanes for us is owned by front end they have their own little unlocated metro behind guest service for candy. Only issue being that our flow tm that normally does repack a keeps bringing the checklanes stuff back to market *sighs*.

On the flip side we are responsible for doing all our QMOS and defectives. Least that way we can be sure it gets donated rather than thrown out.

We do all our own QMOS and defectives; it just makes sense because if we're the ones pushing the product (anything in pFresh or dry) then it's easier for us to take care of it ourselves than cart it all the way up to the service desk, who then has to process it and send it BACK to receiving for toss/donate. People tend to put off doing defectives at my store and it piles up in the sink in the ambient room, but we always keep a PDA back there so I try and knock them out when I see them. I am looking forward to defectives making its way onto Zebras and the ambient room getting our own printer if such is still required for toss/donate defectives.

As far as pushing checklanes, we don't...we separate their stuff off of our uboats (flow does not separate it coming off the truck and besides, most of it comes on our produce pallets anyway) and put it on a separate vehicle on the line. If I have time, I'll push it up to the checklanes for the GSA/GSTL to take care of. Otherwise, once it's on the line, I consider it to be not my responsibility.

Hey guys with your Consumables teams do you guys also have to push, backstock, research the checklanes candies as well.
GSTL or a cashier pushes the candy as they have time, and they put the backstock with the grocery reshop. The grocery team backstocks it after they do reshop each day.

Only issue being that our flow tm that normally does repack a keeps bringing the checklanes stuff back to market *sighs*.
To be fair, they have about a million different things to sort through, and checklane candy comes mixed with other grocery items too. It makes more sense to have the grocery team sort it since they will have candy from the food truck that needs to go up front anyways.

Thanks for the feedback. Qmos and defectives, albeit a pain in the ass, I can understand us doing. As for pushing checklanes I always thought that was BS. I was told they want the cashiers to concentrate on the guest experience (rolling eyes). Here I am having a ton of things to do in market and I am watching cashiers chit chat waiting for guests while I am pushing checklane candy. As for the metro, the DTL did not like it up front and it looked out of place as I was told. What? The DTL is a bit of a nancy with the whole guest experience nonsense. The store I am at has a tendency of pawning everything and anything onto market and I regret leaving my old store.

Last edited:
ASANTS......Checklanes for us is owned by front end they have their own little unlocated metro behind guest service for candy. Only issue being that our flow tm that normally does repack a keeps bringing the checklanes stuff back to market *sighs*.

On the flip side we are responsible for doing all our QMOS and defectives. Least that way we can be sure it gets donated rather than thrown out.

Frankly I kind of wish all stores were the same so corporate can legitimately understand if something is working or not. There are stores that are only following the grocery operating model in the sense, they use uboats. No movable racks, no aisle designations for tm, backroom pulls their product for them still, etc. E2E, like in my situation, is all over the place from store to store. Hell, even the incremental space guide, is a joke. It seems larger stores get a pass on "corporate ideas" while smaller stores suffer and have to do them. They love adding to the list always. Love those update emails from corporate :)

had to take my yearly ST0020 Hazardous Material course and pass the quiz at 80% or better. First time got a 70% second time got a 100%.
Those questions are sometimes tricky, with check all and then check all but 1.

Damn who else hates doing this for 45 minutes out of their day .

To be fair, they have about a million different things to sort through, and checklane candy comes mixed with other grocery items too. It makes more sense to have the grocery team sort it since they will have candy from the food truck that needs to go up front anyways.
I understand, but the way our store is laid out paired with the fact that they sort repacks 15 ft from the checklanes. Just slide it to the last checklane. :oops:

Last edited:
Thank you! Can I do the same with the rolling green racks? My store is behind on going onto the grocery operating model

Green rack shelves- wr0001 thru wr0019
Green rack posts- wr0020 thru wr0024
Green rack casters- wr0025
Green rack casters w/brakes- wr0026
Green rack caster replacement kit( 2 locking/ 2 nonlocking) - pkgcas888-5t
Green rack enclosure panels- wr0030 thru wr0031

Pay attention to the dimensions in each of the descriptions to make sure you are ordering the size you need.

Beginning to see more, and more, of how my stores Market Team has no actual idea of how good they have it. Hearing the tears, actually gives me a post-sense of purpose.
more hours than ever, we smart huddle dry almost daily to "catch them up" and they bitch they don't get enough money or time to push and set and cashier. Lol. I did that and covered electronics ... on a Saturday morning.

In theory, check lane candy (at my store) is to be pushed by the front end team. In reality, they just throw a backstock clip on anything we pull and sneak it back into our back room, so sometimes I just push it if I don't have a million other things to do.

Hey guys I need feedback

So a "team member/leader" in my store zeroed out holes on the sales floor in freezer without pushing all the racks. All of our freezer racks are unlocated and on wheels. We seem to not be able to catch up in freezer. We push two pallets and the racks are full or we push all the racks and the pallet build up. I was thinking about relocating the rooms because i think the on hands are really off now and maybe just pulling and filling the holes. And after a while maybe going back to unlocating.

Anyone else unlocate their freezers and cant seem to catch up?
Also did anyone unlocate their freezer and relocate them and did it help freight flow?

Thanks

Back