Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I can break down one pallet onto two Uboats basically.
how small are your produce pallets ?? 2 boats per pallet, i wish.

I get 2 uboats for everything above the fresh meat.
the berry / cuttie / grape pallet is 3 boats.
the large produce pallet salads / apples / lettuce / romaine / juices is 4 uboats.
So in total i get about 9 uboats of produce just for myself to do every single day of the week.
i rush and then rush again to do about 20 minutes per uboat fast and then faster.
3 hours later i'm done with produce.
then on to fresh meat for an hour.

to look up the truck in workbench go to process top left arrow down on FOOD.
then on far right near bottom look for "UTA Schedule" click on that
then look for your FDC area, by now you should know your FDC area where the truck is coming from
then under that there should be a date for the current day (will be tomorrows delivery) click on that and open the spreadsheet Excel i believe.
then search for your store number and it will list the time and amounts for Dry, FRESH, Produce, Freezer.

oh, did anyones else food team get cut to 1 person to push 2 1/2 pallets of dairy, wtf there is no "i" in team.

We've had 2 people, but they are both short shifts of 5:30AM-10:30AM.
oh, did anyones else food team get cut to 1 person to push 2 1/2 pallets of dairy, wtf there is no "i" in team.

For our C&S push it is usually about....1200 pieces for 3 trucks for the week....We get....28 hours total for that, which includes the backstock of it.
For our Dry market push we have Opener 6-230 two people for 4 hours in the morning and then a 4 hour closer shift starting at 230. This is usually about 1200 or so pieces as well I would say between the 3 days

Hello there! :) I’m a new member here and had a couple questions on how other E2E Targets are being run.

First: Is your market team being held responsible for paper? Our team is having to juggle our endless market tasks as well as pull, stock, research, clearance and zone paper goods. Flow team is assisting with stocking from truck though it’s still a daunting task. Our manager is saying it’s our responsibility due to location and old paperwork (prior to becoming E2E).

Two: After QMOSing with a Zebra are you scanning your cold/frozen donations with a PDT to track it (just as receiving does for dry)? Our receiver recently made barcodes that we scan our perishables into a “bin” though, really, it’s the same 3-tiers as usual. I’ve been in P-fresh for over 2 years and I was never taught this... It isn’t difficult by any means, however, it’s one more additional task that drains our time. Especially if our opener didn’t have a chance to complete the process.

That’s all for now. Thanks so much for your time, I really appreciate it! :D

Hello there! :) I’m a new member here and had a couple questions on how other E2E Targets are being run.

First: Is your market team being held responsible for paper? Our team is having to juggle our endless market tasks as well as pull, stock, research, clearance and zone paper goods. Flow team is assisting with stocking from truck though it’s still a daunting task. Our manager is saying it’s our responsibility due to location and old paperwork (prior to becoming E2E).

Two: After QMOSing with a Zebra are you scanning your cold/frozen donations with a PDT to track it (just as receiving does for dry)? Our receiver recently made barcodes that we scan our perishables into a “bin” though, really, it’s the same 3-tiers as usual. I’ve been in P-fresh for over 2 years and I was never taught this... It isn’t difficult by any means, however, it’s one more additional task that drains our time. Especially if our opener didn’t have a chance to complete the process.

We don’t do paper at all

After I qmos aka toss on the mydevice that is it.
it goes into a empty banana box which goes on a tub with a donate tag on it

I don’t want to suggest this but sometimes you have to take short cuts to get finished. If management doesn’t give you enough team members to do your job proper then do what ever you have to, to get finished by the time you go home.
When inventory pops up and you are short x number of thousands of dollars just say remember that time the fdc shorted us bananas or strawberries.
Or use remember last year when we lost power and had to toss everything.

We don’t do paper at all

After I qmos aka toss on the mydevice that is it.
it goes into a empty banana box which goes on a tub with a donate tag on it

I don’t want to suggest this but sometimes you have to take short cuts to get finished. If management doesn’t give you enough team members to do your job proper then do what ever you have to, to get finished by the time you go home.
When inventory pops up and you are short x number of thousands of dollars just say remember that time the fdc shorted us bananas or strawberries.
Or use remember last year when we lost power and had to toss everything.
Thanks so much for your response!

Sadly, the thing I’ve noticed getting short-cut most is our cleaning tasks. I normally do the majority (yay team) but it’s getting difficult. Especially as I’m being assigned dry stocking occasionally and 3 days off. I try telling my TL’s and it seems to fall on deaf ears... Particularly the highest in charge of market. He has no clue of the time necessary to complete opening routines. Then says we have to zone all paper every morning after pulling auto-fills. Oh, and be up and ready by 9! Haha... ha... They wonder why our entire team is frustrated. Maybe they will listen to me when Steritech rolls around. *sigh*

Anyway, thanks for listening to my grumbling. It’s nice to get insight from another store. :3

Yeah, that sums up our situation pretty well... We’re fighting a losing battle and no one seems to care. To try to alleviate the burden (somewhat) they’ve started staggering the FDC/Dry trucks so they don’t hit the same day. It helps a little but it’s still a gargantuan task.

So like its up to stores I guess but at my current store my team does not touch paper but in my old store we would zone it. Zoning the paper aisle is only half an aisle tho. You should call them out on that. As for donations we just QMOS and donate because it is out of the system. As far as I know they weigh the food at the donation site to track how much we donate. I know there is a donation function but three of the team leads I know dont use that function

how small are your produce pallets ?? 2 boats per pallet, i wish.

I get 2 uboats for everything above the fresh meat.
the berry / cuttie / grape pallet is 3 boats.
the large produce pallet salads / apples / lettuce / romaine / juices is 4 uboats.
So in total i get about 9 uboats of produce just for myself to do every single day of the week.
i rush and then rush again to do about 20 minutes per uboat fast and then faster.
3 hours later i'm done with produce.
then on to fresh meat for an hour.

to look up the truck in workbench go to process top left arrow down on FOOD.
then on far right near bottom look for "UTA Schedule" click on that
then look for your FDC area, by now you should know your FDC area where the truck is coming from
then under that there should be a date for the current day (will be tomorrows delivery) click on that and open the spreadsheet Excel i believe.
then search for your store number and it will list the time and amounts for Dry, FRESH, Produce, Freezer.

We push our juices at the end all together for rotation purposes. But we take in two pallets and five trucks a week and it breaks down onto two uboats. We keep our orders very light so that we can keep stuff fresh. We found a good medium finally. Sometimes it takes us 3 uboats a pallet but not always. And we only pull off what we need. Since we challenge racks before we push our pallets we know what it backstock so we dont take everything out. Keeps good rotation, less work, and its much faster over breaking it all down

After QMOSing with a Zebra are you scanning your cold/frozen donations with a PDT to track it (just as receiving does for dry)? Our receiver recently made barcodes that we scan our perishables into a “bin” though, really, it’s the same 3-tiers as usual. I’ve been in P-fresh for over 2 years and I was never taught this... It isn’t difficult by any means, however, it’s one more additional task that drains our time. Especially if our opener didn’t have a chance to complete the process.
:D

I don’t think it’s entirely necessary to track items that are qmos solely becuase there is no barcode printed (specifically produce items)

Best practice for items done under defectives where the barcodes are printed is to scan them into the donation bin and for tracking once they are taken.

anyone get this in ??
Cooks Corned Beef Brisket. bottom picture
cks-cb-flt-pnt-pkgCOB.jpg

I guess its for St. Paddys Day.

I had to weigh all of these on my scale.

also

started to get the spiral hams in again for Easter and had to re-weigh them since they come in at 1.99 / lb and are currently selling at 1.39/lb

so please be warned to warm up your scales ....

@groceryteamlead we honestly only get it done when one specific TM is scheduled during that shift no matter who gets subbed in. I know everyone is supposed to be replaceable, but we have a couple TMs that are beasts when it comes down to getting through work. Solid speed, very little followup required. Ones like that are the ones that $15 an hour is designed to keep around.

Paper is an on-off thing with us: it is said to be part of Market then later to say it isn’t but then reinstated again. For the moment it is part of Market at my store but we are only responsible for zoning and research of it. We do not push or backstock it.

I’m exclusively dry Market so can’t answer the 2nd question.

@groceryteamlead we honestly only get it done when one specific TM is scheduled during that shift no matter who gets subbed in. I know everyone is supposed to be replaceable, but we have a couple TMs that are beasts when it comes down to getting through work. Solid speed, very little followup required. Ones like that are the ones that $15 an hour is designed to keep around.
Gee in that case i should be fired. some days our truck doesn't come around until i have 2 hrs left of my shift to get 4 pallets done.

Oh yeah did i mention 2 hours sometimes an hour and a half to get my produce and meat pallets done by myself plus when i ask for help i'm denied help but when dairy or frozen needs help im sent to help out. which takes away time from my workload

Back