Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

What are the cases per hour expectations for team members at various stores. Our sales floor etl told us that we should be doing 50 cases per hour on both rdc and fdc trucks including fifo and backstock,
When I worked at tops markets it was 35-40 boxes per hour expected including time to fifo, backstock and clean up after yourself.
I want to know if it's ASANTS and my ETL is just mad that no truck has been finished in 2018 or if it's real new policy.
The market Sr. TL said he'd be happy with 35 per hour. We are currently averaging about 28.

We recently lost a team member and are not replacing her. Since dairy takes me a long time to push, we are now doing a team blitz on truck days. On Friday, however, we got slammed in both dairy and dry and could not finish everything.

What are the cases per hour expectations for team members at various stores. Our sales floor etl told us that we should be doing 50 cases per hour on both rdc and fdc trucks including fifo and backstock,
When I worked at tops markets it was 35-40 boxes per hour expected including time to fifo, backstock and clean up after yourself.
I want to know if it's ASANTS and my ETL is just mad that no truck has been finished in 2018 or if it's real new policy.
The market Sr. TL said he'd be happy with 35 per hour. We are currently averaging about 28.

Today I had to push some leftover dry market push. From about 8:05 to 10:25 I pushed out around 101 pieces between three uboats, zoned the three aisles, shot research backstocked it, and cleaned up cardboard. Still 3 more uboats on the line with more than 100 pieces to push but I was only scheduled 4.5 hours and closer is only 4 hours so...not sure wtf they expect us to do. From 6-8 I did the Check Dates, Research Task List which is always around 50 items in market, Culled, did coupons, filled up some empty vendor milk outs and rest of the bananas in the backroom, and zoned the entire Pfresh and Dairy coolers on the floor and then took my break up until around 8 when I came back on the floor. And not some half ass zone like 90 percent of people do where it barely looks like you zoned it.

Today I had to push some leftover dry market push. From about 8:05 to 10:25 I pushed out around 101 pieces between three uboats, zoned the three aisles, shot research backstocked it, and cleaned up cardboard. Still 3 more uboats on the line with more than 100 pieces to push but I was only scheduled 4.5 hours and closer is only 4 hours so...not sure wtf they expect us to do. From 6-8 I did the Check Dates, Research Task List which is always around 50 items in market, Culled, did coupons, filled up some empty vendor milk outs and rest of the bananas in the backroom, and zoned the entire Pfresh and Dairy coolers on the floor and then took my break up until around 8 when I came back on the floor. And not some half ass zone like 90 percent of people do where it barely looks like you zoned it.
You’re a beast! I wish you were on my market team. Do you have any tips for going faster when pushing dry by any chance? I know ASANTS but it seems like I’m not going very fast and I don’t know where I’m getting held up.

You’re a beast! I wish you were on my market team. Do you have any tips for going faster when pushing dry by any chance? I know ASANTS but it seems like I’m not going very fast and I don’t know where I’m getting held up.

Honestly it just depends on what aisles you push....some take longer than others. Also how many critical lows or outs on your push. IF you have alot of outs or lows its way easier to just push it in there instead of having to FIFO something that is 90 percent full

This is probably beneath anyone who isn't brand new to market, but here are a few speed tips to keep in mind:
1. When possible, move the u-boat, not your feet. If the boat is parked in section 1 and your next dozen cases are in sections 7-11, move the vehicle instead of walking back and forth.
2. Look at the pick label, not the product. Don't spend 30 seconds visually scanning two dozen samey-looking soup varieties to find the location of the box in your hands when you could glance at the label instead.
3. If you have both open stock and case stock on a vehicle, push all of the open stock before the case stock. The case stock will likely leave you with backstock, and this makes sure you have room on the vehicle for it and won't get your backstock and loose push mixed up.
4. Grab a few bin liners at the start and tie them to every other vehicle so you aren't chasing stray bits of plastic wrap all over the floor.
5. If a box says DO NOT CUT CASE, cut it anyway. :D

So for the next 5 shifts I'm market backroom 6am-10am. I don't know how this is going to go. All of our fill for depth manuals are over 1000 eaches.

To reduce time I legit dont even cut. Hug the box sideways and on one side and put it against your chest and then push the other side towards you and you can get your finger in on the side underneath the tape and peel off the tape. Alot quicker. Dont even need a box cutter. Only thing I need it for is like onions and even that sometimes i tear open if I can get my fat fingers in there

Does anyone know if there were any changes to whether or not a PA is an actual position anymore or phasing if out?

Does anyone know if there were any changes to whether or not a PA is an actual position anymore or phasing if out?
i wanted to reply here even though i do NOT know this answer .
I was told by HR that I am still in the system as PA, thats why i recently had to take the STO020, STO030 and the ST1138 (Food Safety) Training courses .
But, hmmm my starting salary is only 50 above the minimum, that is the same as the food team member, and the softlines team members.

So, if i am still a PA or FA (Food Assistant) i guess they demoted the starting salary by 50 cents per hour.

Just waiting for the reviews and merit increase in May to see what actually I get.

You could check your org chart and see if it's still on there (although the name was changed to food assistant last year). And the pay and responsibilities are the same as food TMs, so it definitely seems like it's being phased out.

Get ready those pallets of eggs are coming. Yes we are going to get 2 full pallets of eggs this week probably on Friday. Not sure of the price just yet but lasts Easter they were 49 cents.

Get ready those pallets of eggs are coming. Yes we are going to get 2 full pallets of eggs this week probably on Friday. Not sure of the price just yet but lasts Easter they were 49 cents.
can't wait to have to clean that one up

So what we did was took our front bunker that had PFresh juices and moved that in line to where produce is by condensing the berries and we bulked out our eggs there. Got rid of two pallets and condensed it to a flat which has all of our eggs and we just been pushing from there. It's great and emptying that endcap for flex space was such a nice idea. Whenever I get over flow like the organic milk or fairlife milk theyre sending I just put it there and if I dont have anything to put then I just order more of a certain salad on sale or bulk out strawberries and put them in there. Really nice to have that comfort. Especially when you have small coolers.

so what are your guys dry team members routines? I need to find a routine that works for my team. I want them to do their push research zone and backstock. any ideas

Back