Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

It's like the Yoplait yogurts under the hundreds of pounds of juices we get. lmao
I don't miss that. That last truck also happened on my last day at Target. I can tell you I came from a grocery store, Tops Friendly Markets to Target and the way we do market is so different and not better. The DC screwing crap up thing is universal since like all grocery products come from either C&S or U.S. Foods.
I worked in a U.S. foods disto once literally for a day on a temp assignment through PeopleReady. About 90% of us were temps and did not care.

I have a question does anyone know how I can order the white milk / frozen shelfs. My current shelfs are so banged up and I can't seem to find them on sap or maybe I'm not searching for them in the right way. Anyone have this same issue?

I have a question does anyone know how I can order the white milk / frozen shelfs. My current shelfs are so banged up and I can't seem to find them on sap or maybe I'm not searching for them in the right way. Anyone have this same issue?

To order the shelves for my cooler/ freezers I had to mysupport it. They put me in contact with the manufacturer of my coolers and I had to email them a picture of the data plate inside the cooler. From there I told them how many I needed and they shipped them to me in less than a month.

it piles up cause only 2 TMs scheduled to push all Dry, Dairy and Freezer. WTF we need at least 6 to 8 TMs to push all of this.
Ive just accepted target is totally clueless about grocery scheduling for what they want done. Or at the very least clueless about running it in stores with lower volume. Our trucks are rediculous these days. Wednesday we had almost 600 pieces of dry market push...600!!!!!!

Our trucks have been huge too but our sales have been increasing. Apparently Target just released a new formula for calculating market hours and according to it I was suppose to be getting atleast 50 more hours than what the regular system said. So there is still hope

Our trucks have been huge too but our sales have been increasing. Apparently Target just released a new formula for calculating market hours and according to it I was suppose to be getting atleast 50 more hours than what the regular system said. So there is still hope
Do you know what this new math is in figuring out market hours. ??

Do you know what this new math is in figuring out market hours. ??

And does it include all the grocery type areas, or just dry grocery?

@qmosqueen, does that question include deli or meat areas or pfresh?

In all honesty all I was told was that our DTL's received new formulas to calculate food hours for both Dry and PFresh, I just dont know what its based off of and like will it take truck sizes or sales forecasts or pallets into account. Honestly if Target could get it's hours right it can do great in food. If we spent less money on signing like new headers and 7X11 and just poured that into payroll that would be fantastic lol

Keep your uboat close, push as fast as you can. The whole model is based around efficiency so if you’re not at 100%, things fall behind. Push->zone->research->backstock.
Then we won't FIFO and our guests will find outdate food and call the inspector. This model was to favor corporate and save $$$ for the rich!

Ive just accepted target is totally clueless about grocery scheduling for what they want done. Or at the very least clueless about running it in stores with lower volume. Our trucks are rediculous these days. Wednesday we had almost 600 pieces of dry market push...600!!!!!!
Target is clueless about grocery period. Their food prices are too high and that's why we QMOS so much. TPC is total BS as those in charge don't want to go below a threshold or else they will "lose" $$. Even if it comes to making $0.02 on an item is better than it going into the compactor. They just expect too much profit on food. I just don't get it. There is hardly any good sales going on at Target to stay competitive.

In all honesty all I was told was that our DTL's received new formulas to calculate food hours for both Dry and PFresh, I just dont know what its based off of and like will it take truck sizes or sales forecasts or pallets into account. Honestly if Target could get it's hours right it can do great in food. If we spent less money on signing like new headers and 7X11 and just poured that into payroll that would be fantastic lol
And those annoying chalkboard signs in pfresh that get knocked down so easily.

Then we won't FIFO and our guests will find outdate food and call the inspector. This model was to favor corporate and save $$$ for the rich!
You’re fifoing dry? If you want to reach 35 cases an hour you’re not going to if you’re doing that. Dry FIFO should be achieved through SDA and freshness Fridays.

We FIFO it but not in detail. We FIFO Fresh from the UBOATS but if you focus on speed then you will leave out FIFO completely even from Fresh. You're basically going to get into the bad habit of not FIFO ing anything at all. FIFO ing doesnt take that long anyway if you do it always and anyway you shouldn't even bother to break a case open just to restock two or three cereals or anything in dry. And SDA is a waste of time that you're better off to manually check stuff when you're stocking zoning etc. Most of the time there is nothing expiring until next year in SDA so whoever enters it is a moron. And Freshness Fridays help but how about training people right and giving them hours to get the job done the right way and leader leading by example and stressing out FIFO is important in dry as well. And if you work food and actually care about it being a serious issue if you sell outdated product to anyone then you would care about quality over quantity.

Does anyone else's PAs actually try to act like a leader?

All of my PAs are ass. I almost feel bad for not trying to get into a PA position. I have a PA that barks orders and is still in highschool and is a great guy, horrible leader, I have a PA taking over my TL's maternity leave that I'm telling him what to do, but still a really cool guy, and the other PA is soft spoken and quiet, but an overall great guy.

I see all of these leadership roles in my store and keep thinking "Wow, if I were in that role, I'm pretty sure I'd shine as a leader." and sort of regret not trying to take some form of initiative to do it. The only problem is, I don't know how much longer I'm going to be at Target. I really don't 100% mind working here, but there's just "those days" where I wish I was doing something else other than what I already do.

I'm moving out of this town this summer with almost 100% certainty and I could transfer, there's a remodeled Super Target in the city, but I would never transfer unless it was into a PA or leadership position.

Does anyone else's PAs actually try to act like a leader?

I do! We have one soft spoken PA and our other one has some time management inconsistencies. I’m the only other person besides our TL that unloads and runs the truck, team, salespalnners, and stays in touch with our vendors. Never gets boring, but also can be very stressfull moreso if you end up stuck in this position like I am atm due to no available TL positions open in our district.

Not sure exactly where the position stands with ‘modernization’ considering it technically has been eliminated but it’s kinda difficult to inspire Tm’s to do the core roles that a PA does.

Back