Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

My PAs are the ones who pretend to just be a normal worker with higher pay lol.

I might think real hard about my future at Target tonight, there is a PA position opening up in my store for our Meat Department and I don't care that I've never worked meat or that two other guys there want to be a PA there for the money, I want that position, but only if I decide to try and commit to stay at Target.

Yea some just get it for the money but then they perform like shit and their attendance was terrible before the promotion so it baffles me how were they even able to move up. I do it because I enjoy being a PA and I started out as a regular market member but my TL at the time saw that I had already been doing EVERYTHING that a PA does except ordering. So I was offered the promotion and took it. However, I don't allow them to take advantage of me to deal with vendors and liquor orders and signing off on that stuff. Hell no! Beyond my pay grade.

Hey anybody hear anything regarding pfresh quarterly inventory for the stores that no longer have an overnite crew? We used to come in 9pm to 4am but now nobody is gonna be in the building before 3:30am. Are we then doing it like 6pm to 12pm? What is going on?

my quarterly inventory is monday April 23, 2018.... I am scheduled 5 PM to 1:30 AM, the LOD is staying until we are finished. really cannot count backroom till 8 PM then sales floor cannot start till 10 PM, the my device will not allow me to count anytime sooner. I can precount the back room and get things organized to make it quicker. I can do all the back room by myself in about 1 hr 30 minutes, from 8 PM to 9:30 Pm take my lunch from 9:30 to 10 PM. then me and the closing PA count sales floor from 10 PM to 11 PM, when the closer goes home. Then i continue to count from 11 to 12:30 PM finish up then go to the computer for the audits.

I think my store is having the next one around the first week of June. This will be interesting. I will be so glad we won't do it overnite anymore. I just got tired of it over and over when the other PA never wants to do it. Thanks!

Ours is on the 23rd too. We do 2x people for a full 8. Push as much as possible until 6 or so, start precounting and organizing the back, count the back, help on the floor till 10 then count the floor.

Ours is on the 23rd too. We do 2x people for a full 8. Push as much as possible until 6 or so, start precounting and organizing the back, count the back, help on the floor till 10 then count the floor.
Much appreciated. Thanks for the input. I just need some info to have in mind in case these leaders have no clue what is going on. Many times they completely forgot about TINV until the last minute. Nobody mentioned about our next one but I know it's always 3 months after.

Much appreciated. Thanks for the input. I just need some info to have in mind in case these leaders have no clue what is going on. Many times they completely forgot about TINV until the last minute. Nobody mentioned about our next one but I know it's always 3 months after.
There’s a page with all the dates for your store I think. If I remember, I’ll look tomorrow.

This thread used to always be on the front page..now buried...I think all of us working in Market are about done with this lol

I feel like the market process is constantly underallocated hours since End to End began. The truck processes eats up so much payroll its rediculous. That along with the massive autofills we have almost every morning in dry market and sometimes Dairy. Im pretty fast with pulling and it legitimately takes me over 2 hours just to PULL the product.

I feel like all I do most of the time is either...Deal with Uboats

IDK what size of trucks you guys have but this past week we probably had about 1400 pieces of Dry Market and 1300 or so of C&S this week. 6 total trucks altogether between dry and C&S. How many hours do you think would be needed to JUST do that process of about 2700 pieces of push?

Last edited:
Regarding autofills (and CAFs), which ones would you say would be bigger, morning autofills, the 1 o'clock autofill or the 3's? Just generally speaking. How about during the weekends? How is it generally? I work in the morning so I only have an idea on for the morning autofills. When they stop cutting hours, then I guess I can check out the afternoon autofills (the 1's).

Autos should be the largest since they’re pulling what’s sold during most store’s peak hours. I don’t know if it’s true for every store, but market doesn’t pull in the 3’s for us.

Is FIFO really hard to do? I'm wondering why it's not getting done. TMS that don't care? Too much work load? I'm finding stuff from December in my store. The biggest indicator is guests rummaging through the product for fresh items.

Autos should be the largest since they’re pulling what’s sold during most store’s peak hours. I don’t know if it’s true for every store, but market doesn’t pull in the 3’s for us.

Thank you.

Oh. So there's no fillgroup for market during the 3's?

Is FIFO really hard to do? I'm wondering why it's not getting done. TMS that don't care? Too much work load? I'm finding stuff from December in my store. The biggest indicator is guests rummaging through the product for fresh items.
Too many pushers. I'm basically Mr. QMOS when I set anything that has expiration dates but I am absolutely not pulling everything out of pushers if they don't move in a revision. Also, the capacity for most items is far too high for the amount of food that Spot actually sells. Just because you can fill the shelf doesn't mean that you should. Our market team started following us after resets and cutting the capacity for items (usually by about half) and our market still looks full but trying to check dates isn't nearly as bad.

Regarding autofills (and CAFs), which ones would you say would be bigger, morning autofills, the 1 o'clock autofill or the 3's? Just generally speaking. How about during the weekends? How is it generally? I work in the morning so I only have an idea on for the morning autofills. When they stop cutting hours, then I guess I can check out the afternoon autofills (the 1's).
I can't speak for your store. Generally depends on what sells. You should ask your fellow team members who work those shifts to get an idea.

We don't do the 3s either

Team members who stock are wearing blinders. Lol

An excuse the TMs say is "it's not my job to check dates, it's the PA" WTF?

Maybe you should take advantage of your slow days and just have the market team check dates in the aisles. Or when you do the Check Dates kind of spot check the rest of the items for dates.

Too many pushers. I'm basically Mr. QMOS when I set anything that has expiration dates but I am absolutely not pulling everything out of pushers if they don't move in a revision. Also, the capacity for most items is far too high for the amount of food that Spot actually sells. Just because you can fill the shelf doesn't mean that you should. Our market team started following us after resets and cutting the capacity for items (usually by about half) and our market still looks full but trying to check dates isn't nearly as bad.
I don't even bother restocking 3 or 4 items that are missing from the shelf when there is plenty left. Just wait for it to sell down to half empty and then restock. If only everyone had this mentality.

Nope. It should be pulling in the 1s and weekend 5s.

Though if your market team is doing everything by the book, full should be happening constantly throughout the day.

I was able to check the 1's today. It's not that big except for snacks. 29 DPCIs (3888). GRC1 is 4 DPCIs, GRC2 and 3 are around 30 DPCIs (around 200-300).

An excuse the TMs say is "it's not my job to check dates, it's the PA" WTF?

If I or my TL heard that, she would nip it in the bud as quickly as possible. Everyone is expected to check dates when they push or zone. The ON does our push starting recently so we have been checking dates at least once a week on stuff that we know doesn't sell well/fast (it means it has been there for a long while), stuff that expires quickly {like the tortillas, pizza bread, hostess, Quaker bars that are for kids etc) or the stuff that is often checked during Steritech visit (like the Simply Balance and Archer Farms chips and fruit snacks)

I don't even bother restocking 3 or 4 items that are missing from the shelf when there is plenty left. Just wait for it to sell down to half empty and then restock. If only everyone had this mentality.

I teach that to whoever pushes snacks. I don't have a lot of waco space but I have a lot of the shelf space. Snacks sell fast anyway.

I was able to check the 1's today. It's not that big except for snacks. 29 DPCIs (3888). GRC1 is 4 DPCIs, GRC2 and 3 are around 30 DPCIs (around 200-300).
Yeah, if you think about what an autofill/caf is, it's just replenishment for items that have sold since the last batches generated. Autofills get ~10 hrs of peak sales that drop into their batches. The 1's will 9 hours of meh sales. There's other factors that accumulate into what the autofill generates, but that's the gist of it.

Back