Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Market at my store has now become an absolute shitshow. There were 4+ pallets leftover from Thursday's C&S load when we received today. We are about that many pallets behind almost every time a shipment comes in. Similarly, there are usually at least 4 uboats of dry truck that roll over every day, sometimes more.

My store unlocated every pfresh backroom except freezer recently, which basically ensures we are going to be leaving huge amounts of product in the backroom to rot. The department basically always looks like garbage and the shelves are always empty. Market is in a worse state than I've ever seen it. My FTL was recently ripped to shreds by some regional TL or something who came to our store and told him he needed to just make do with what he's got, even though there is clearly not enough payroll being allocated to the department.

The end result is increased turnover, the team that used to push C&S all quit because they were tired of the pressure. Which then just compounds the problem.

In all honesty unlocating your produce, ambient , and eat rooms are best because they need to be rotated. As for dairy only locate casepacks in my view and then keep freezer located. We unlocated everything which is nice because we dont have to pull or backstock but keep the floor full is alot harder unless you have alot of hours. I use to work in a store where they were the first to do this and we had to constantly pour in extra hours. I felt that we were better off keep it located but I understand why they thought it was a good idea to unlocate it. I wanna relocate my freezer but my etl and stl are really avoiding it.
To keep up you have too push the pallets you get and on non truck days you must challenge your racks or you're screwed and backstock will build up and the floor will be light or empty like mine right now.

In all honesty unlocating your produce, ambient , and eat rooms are best because they need to be rotated. As for dairy only locate casepacks in my view and then keep freezer located. We unlocated everything which is nice because we dont have to pull or backstock but keep the floor full is alot harder unless you have alot of hours. I use to work in a store where they were the first to do this and we had to constantly pour in extra hours. I felt that we were better off keep it located but I understand why they thought it was a good idea to unlocate it. I wanna relocate my freezer but my etl and stl are really avoiding it.
To keep up you have too push the pallets you get and on non truck days you must challenge your racks or you're screwed and backstock will build up and the floor will be light or empty like mine right now.
That's my store. I like it.

You have days when you have no FDC trailers. Lucky you!

We are selling this still like crazy

E1_BF0_E9_C-_AA3_A-43_DD-_A756-96378_E7778_EA.jpg

Market at my store has now become an absolute shitshow. There were 4+ pallets leftover from Thursday's C&S load when we received today. We are about that many pallets behind almost every time a shipment comes in. Similarly, there are usually at least 4 uboats of dry truck that roll over every day, sometimes more.

My store unlocated every pfresh backroom except freezer recently, which basically ensures we are going to be leaving huge amounts of product in the backroom to rot. The department basically always looks like garbage and the shelves are always empty. Market is in a worse state than I've ever seen it. My FTL was recently ripped to shreds by some regional TL or something who came to our store and told him he needed to just make do with what he's got, even though there is clearly not enough payroll being allocated to the department.

The end result is increased turnover, the team that used to push C&S all quit because they were tired of the pressure. Which then just compounds the problem.

BRAVO this is spot on. Can higher ups at target realize that Market is going to run and look like shit unless hours are given to it. You cant magically get EVERYTHING done when you are given about half the hours you really need to do it all. Since this change I have a new TL, and 2 new TMs and im probably about on my way out if I am going to constantly only be scheduled 25 or less hours

Right now the TL gets full 8 hours shifts and almost everyone else literally only gets 4 hours shifts.

On the two days where my TL was off this week I was only scheduled 6-10am, one of those days being Sunday where I had to do market ad setup which if you guys havent done takes a while. After I was off nobody else was on the schedule until 3PM.....like...I have no words for that scheduling

Last edited:
My store will smart huddle if we get behind but only if our tl gets behind it and after they make a mess for half an hour they make us look like criminals if we cant finish cleaning the mess they made as well as the workload that was still too much even with a huddle.

"We gave you help how did you not finish" then we all go to the training room...

Not looking forward to morning trucks coming in later i havent heard anythibg for my store so ud be nice to know ahead of time when and why this us even happening. ( I came in late so i don't know why the trucks are coming in later in the morning if someone can explain.)

I've still never seen the unicorn ice cream in any of the stores I've gone to. And nice placement with putting Fluffy in there.

We've got orchids as well as tulips. My GSA asked if I would set up and endcap at the register the other day, and I was already sneezing from them in the boxes. But she didn't know I have pretty bad allergies until that moment, so she found someone else. ;)

my store has it, it sells UBER fast, though. We can fit about 32 in one spot, that's how much we stock it. We'll stock it full during morning freight and by 1pm it's already down to half of it's full capacity.

I'm meeting with my ETL tomorrow about PA development and what kind of challenges or tasks he might give me to sort of complete. Anyone have any advice to give on what those tasks might be? I'm a pfresh store, pretty high volume.

So most of pfresh gets a reset this week.

Anyone else have to deal with squeezing 20 DPCIs into the fresh chicken bunker. We have new Perdue chicken. The old market pantry chicken breast of $5.72 for 2 lbs is now replaced with per lb crap.
Be careful I had to write on the shelf labels “/lbs”
Or guest would want a 8 dollar package of chicken for 2.99.

Also my whole produce wall from berries down to salads gets reset. I haven’t tackled that yet.

Does your store have scales at the check lanes? Or will you have to label each individual package with the actual weight and cost?

I don't have scales, so this concept is kinda boggling my mind.

Does your store have scales at the check lanes? Or will you have to label each individual package with the actual weight and cost?

no scales at the checklanes. they come in already weighed at different prices. If they go on sale as per lb, I won't put up the sale sign, cause i don't have time to re-weigh them all.
maybe just put a 2 dollar off sticker on them.

We do. there is one in the ambiant room. I gather it will be busy soon.

I am so glad my store is the first stop for the FDC. And usually it is on time minus the traffic. Target is so dumb to changing it to morning deliveries. Do they not know traffic is heavy during the morning rush?
Its not in Minneapolis. How do I know this? A newscaster who I followed (because she was hot and its instagram, so there you go...)in Minneapolis got moved to Houston and she talks about that now alot.

Is FIFO really hard to do? I'm wondering why it's not getting done. TMS that don't care? Too much work load? I'm finding stuff from December in my store. The biggest indicator is guests rummaging through the product for fresh items.
Honestly? yes. I worked at a grocery store and its takes twice as long. I did dairy and I hated yogurt wall and the cheese wall. Why because those always sent dates that I would have to remove the entire product to put in the fresh. So its not that TMs dont care its they arent given enough time to care.

Honestly? yes. I worked at a grocery store and its takes twice as long. I did dairy and I hated yogurt wall and the cheese wall. Why because those always sent dates that I would have to remove the entire product to put in the fresh. So its not that TMs dont care its they arent given enough time to care.
Unfortunate but true. Target will never really compete in grocery with the Safeway’s and Kroger’s unless they’re willing to invest in operational costs, but the company is trying to increase shareholder profits by cutting those so.....

Unfortunate but true. Target will never really compete in grocery with the Safeway’s and Kroger’s unless they’re willing to invest in operational costs, but the company is trying to increase shareholder profits by cutting those so.....
So you say the solution is to kill Kroger and Safeway? o_O (because the other wont happen.)

Back