Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Totally agree with number 1. Ive said that to my coworkers..The process is good....if you get hours for it. My problem with this process is trucks take forever at our store. We are a fairly lower volume store and today we had 500 piecees of dry market push and the last C&S was 600 pieces. It takes ALOT of time and payroll to push, zone, research and backstock that shit
well imagine 1200 pieces of dry and 900 piece FDC truck = 340 dairy, 180 produce and 380 frozen.

well imagine 1200 pieces of dry and 900 piece FDC truck = 340 dairy, 180 produce and 380 frozen.

Our trucks used to be like that until maybe half a year ago; trucks are considerably smaller but so is the team so we're still in the same situation. I honestly thought it was fun back then because we actually worked in a team and now it's all solo work like the rest of the store aside from plano and overnight

Heard today that TINV is no more. Ours was coming up but it was canceled. Did anyone else hear this? What would replace it? Hire an outside company like REGIS to come in and do it? Seems like a dumb cost cutting move.
I don't know. Haven't heard anything about it. Mine should be around soon unless it is no more. I'm kind of glad it is no more overnite. I got tired of being the only PA going O/N and the other would fill in my AM shift the next day. And all becoming daytime, I was hoping it would either be early AM like 4-8 or 6pm-12am or 1am. In a way I do miss it because it would be the two of us and nobody from dayside leaders would be there so we are like zombies counting. Fun times. But personally being the only PA doing it every time all these years I don't really miss it. And I'm not going to remind them abov TINV. I did it too many times in the past. And shit, it is becoming too much now. I don't get paid to write the schedule so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut.

haven't heard this yet, ours was this past April 23, 2018, So we aka I just did it about 5 weeks ago.
I am guessing the Audit app and doing research in the pfresh valley every day will take this place.

I check about once a week and qmos aka toss a bunch of salads, bananas, apples, berries that are off with the on hand numbers.
I also check the fresh meat and chicken almost every other day to make sure the on hand numbers are accurate. If they are off i find it better to qmos those instead of research.
Yea I qmos out anything that is off the onhands. Fuck it. Who knows where it's at maybe at another store that took our pallet off the trailer.

Ours was worse. We had team members skipping their breaks, hitting their 5ths and doing a punch correction so it wouldn’t look like they did. STL knows about it and nobody cares because we get green.

Also these same TMs worked 1 hr off the clock when hour cuts were really bad and they’d try to talk me into it. Hell no.
I aint slaving for them to cut my break or work off the clock and then using that against me to terminate. F them. I stay to get the shit done. End to end. If I don't finish, I stay and get my hours. PA should have the most hours. Doing my PA stuff plus help these mfuckers push. And Mr. I WANT TO BE TL doesn't work but walks around on his phone.

I aint slaving for them to cut my break or work off the clock and then using that against me to terminate. F them. I stay to get the shit done. End to end. If I don't finish, I stay and get my hours. PA should have the most hours. Doing my PA stuff plus help these mfuckers push. And Mr. I WANT TO BE TL doesn't work but walks around on his phone.
Anyone on the clock on their phone I’d take a picture of that with the mydevice and show a lead or hr.

Last edited:
FDC didn’t strap down our pallet correctly, so of course it tipped en route to the store and we lost most of our high demand produce that we needed for Memorial Day, on top of being hours later than it was supposed to arrive. :mad: Market team managed to get good pics of the damage caused by the pallet not being loaded properly, so we’re submitting a complaint.

All I can say is that I'm glad our soft lines is behind atm. All the focus is over there and I can run my team.

Magically, a TL that's involved, writes a schedule that he knows will work, communicates with team members, and can directly run his area gets shit done.

My market is clean, coolers are empty, and the workload gets done every day. All because they leave us alone and let me do my goddamn job. I've been left like this for 5 months. Its magical.

Take note ETL and STLs that are watching this. Let your damn team leads that actually work the frontlines do their jobs.

Oh, and please. For the love of God. Don't contradict your team lead's decisions related to vendors and placement. Talk to me, let me know what you want for next time..... but don't reverse what I've told them.

Vendors are greedy pieces of shit that want to use us as a warehouse so they get a commission check. When you override us, the vendors know they don't have to listen to what we say. Then they are mad when I have recieving deny their shipments.

They will use the "it's called out for it this" excuse on everything. They will even try to show you a super target to "prove" their product belongs there. Deny them. We have the final say of what we accept at all times.

Last edited:
All I can say is that I'm glad our soft lines is behind atm. All the focus is over there and I can run my team.

Magically, a TL that's involved, writes a schedule that he knows will work, communicates with team members, and can directly run his area gets shit done.

My market is clean, coolers are empty, and the workload gets done every day. All because they leave us alone and let me do my goddamn job. I've been left like this for 5 months. Its magical.

Take note ETL and STLs that are watching this. Let your damn team leads that actually work the frontlines do their jobs.

Oh, and please. For the love of God. Don't contradict your team lead's decisions related to vendors and placement. Talk to me, let me know what you want for next time..... but don't reverse what I've told them.

Vendors are greedy pieces of shit that want to use us as a warehouse so they get a commission check. When you override us, the vendors know they don't have to listen to what we say. Then they are mad when I have recieving deny their shipments.

They will use the "it's called out for it this" excuse on everything. They will even try to show you a super target to "prove" their product belongs there. Deny them. We have the final say of what we accept at all times.

A million likes on this! Unfortunately, I am not quite there on the lack of interference from upper management on both salesfloor and vendor relations.

Need some suggestions and/ or guidance....
So I am the Food Service TL at a C level store. Our consumables team is struggling. GM trucks are between 150 to 200 pieces. C&S is between 200-400 pieces. Trucks are usually completed and backstocked. Trying to get my team on the same page. Making sure the zone is getting done as well as check dates. Just things that are in our core responsibilities. ETLs talk about our productivity is low and I will have to agree on that. We have a few team members who work hard but the others not so much. I am going to have to start performancing them. Is there anyone going through this and if you have had the same problem, what are some steps you used to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Need some suggestions and/ or guidance....
So I am the Food Service TL at a C level store. Our consumables team is struggling. GM trucks are between 150 to 200 pieces. C&S is between 200-400 pieces. Trucks are usually completed and backstocked. Trying to get my team on the same page. Making sure the zone is getting done as well as check dates. Just things that are in our core responsibilities. ETLs talk about our productivity is low and I will have to agree on that. We have a few team members who work hard but the others not so much. I am going to have to start performancing them. Is there anyone going through this and if you have had the same problem, what are some steps you used to fix it? Thanks in advance.

That's a reoccurring thing in my store and not just in market; one way to kind of resolve it is to give the team members who don't work as hard less hours or give them different shifts. Another thing we tried in the past was to partner the TL with the person who doesn't work as hard on some shifts to in a way keep them in check which does work but I think it's just more work overall and pretty much unnecessary so maybe move them to another department like front lanes?

Ours was worse. We had team members skipping their breaks, hitting their 5ths and doing a punch correction so it wouldn’t look like they did. STL knows about it and nobody cares because we get green.

Also these same TMs worked 1 hr off the clock when hour cuts were really bad and they’d try to talk me into it. Hell no.

Wow, this is utterly fucked. That is so wrong, I can't even.

There are definitely some TMs that skip breaks in my department. It always kinda annoys me. If enough people start skipping their breaks, it becomes the norm, and then anyone who doesn't do it seems like a slacker in comparison. But that's nothing compared to literally working off the clock for an hour, holy crap.

How many hours do you have for that, and what shifts, to push that specifically?
ok i'm just going by what we schedule under "consumables" for a week, about 400 to 420 hours....

We have all dry, dairy and produce every day and freezer 3 days a week (only mon, we, fri).

So 4 days a week we have 8 people scheduled... the other 3 other days we have 2 more to handle the extra push for freezer.
So 3 days we have 10 people scheduled.

1 opener, 1 closer -- doing PA responsibilities and pushing produce. (6AM to 2:30 or 3PM to 11PM)
2 backroom TMs -- doing auto pulls, back stocking, all dry, dairy, freezer. (5 AM to 10:30 AM)
4 TMs -- doing push, dry first then dairy and then freezer (on freezer days). (6 AM to 2:30 PM or 8AM to 1:30PM)

on Freezer days:
2 more TMs -- doing push, dry first then dairy and then freezer.

so 10 TMs... 4 (8 hrs), 6 (5.5 hrs), = 65 hrs for freezer days
8 Tms .. 4 (8 hrs), 4 (5.5 hrs) = 54 hrs for non freezer days

==== 411 hrs for the week.

I'm not privileged to the schedule or the information, this is ONLY based on what I see daily on the grid.

Last edited:
Fellow food and beverage experts who do the pfresh order I have a question for you.

Is this a new thing that is happening now I Qmos 12 bagged salads and then 2 days later I get them in on the truck.

So the other day I qmos to get the on hand numbers down then I order thinking I need a few salads tomatoes and such .. low and behold I get an extra 100 boxes the stuff I qmosd. So now I have 6 boxes of leeffy romaine, 5 boxes of beefsteak tomatoes etc.

Wtf now I have so much produce in the cooler.
It will sell but Im afraid to order anything as it might be already coming in.

Fellow food and beverage experts who do the pfresh order I have a question for you.

Is this a new thing that is happening now I Qmos 12 bagged salads and then 2 days later I get them in on the truck.

So the other day I qmos to get the on hand numbers down then I order thinking I need a few salads tomatoes and such .. low and behold I get an extra 100 boxes the stuff I qmosd. So now I have 6 boxes of leeffy romaine, 5 boxes of beefsteak tomatoes etc.

Wtf now I have so much produce in the cooler.
It will sell but Im afraid to order anything as it might be already coming in.

Same here. Workbench says there’s supposed to be a new vendor for salads and PF transition.

Why do I have 790 1 lb strawberries and 210 2 lb strawberries???? I didn’t order them.

Wow, this is utterly fucked. That is so wrong, I can't even.

There are definitely some TMs that skip breaks in my department. It always kinda annoys me. If enough people start skipping their breaks, it becomes the norm, and then anyone who doesn't do it seems like a slacker in comparison. But that's nothing compared to literally working off the clock for an hour, holy crap.

Yeah, the people who did it too were the other PA besides me and the TL, and they tried giving me shit over it. I’ve never cared enough about target to work for free and I never will.

It was the exact same scenario with the breaks. I’d tell them, “hey, “I’m going on break”, and they’d try to tell me not to take a break.

I’m an asshole, but I’m not a big enough asshole to have called the hotline on them. Especially since the TL had all kinds of medical problems due to exhaustion, and one time literally fainted at work because of it. Exhibit A on why you need to take your breaks ladies and gentlemen.

Your store is having a strawberry festival and nobody told you!

Reading this made my day! But regarding how messed up the order is; I also don't know what's going on but I'm getting so much shit about it from my ETL bc she doesn't like how inconsistent it is with the order. I don't care either way because we sell through that faster than anything else. Anybody here not getting any cuties/clementines? I haven't seen any in weeks

Fuck the new salad transition. Friday we get shipped a fuck ton of fresh express salads and Sunday we get a ton of the new Dole and Organic Girl salads.
So I tossed all the old fresh express salads bye bye donations will love me. Flexed the new salads out

Still have over 600 1 lb and 150 2lb strawberries
They are on sale for $1.99 and $3.98.

Reading this made my day! But regarding how messed up the order is; I also don't know what's going on but I'm getting so much shit about it from my ETL bc she doesn't like how inconsistent it is with the order. I don't care either way because we sell through that faster than anything else. Anybody here not getting any cuties/clementines? I haven't seen any in weeks

They took them off planogram at my store.

Fuck the new salad transition. Friday we get shipped a fuck ton of fresh express salads and Sunday we get a ton of the new Dole and Organic Girl salads.
So I tossed all the old fresh express salads bye bye donations will love me. Flexed the new salads out

Still have over 600 1 lb and 150 2lb strawberries
They are on sale for $1.99 and $3.98.
Gotta cut that price! Local Meijer had strawberries @ $0.98 for 1 lb the last 2 weeks. Saw today they’re 4/$5

Back