Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Reading this made my day! But regarding how messed up the order is; I also don't know what's going on but I'm getting so much shit about it from my ETL bc she doesn't like how inconsistent it is with the order. I don't care either way because we sell through that faster than anything else. Anybody here not getting any cuties/clementines? I haven't seen any in weeks
We got some clementines recently, but they all started to visibly rot within a day or two. The fruit flies loved it...

Stop sending the new Dole and Organic Girl salads.
Ok I flecked them in on Sunday but the FDC keeps on sending them about 4 to 6 boxes of each dcpi and there are about 20 different types of salads. So in the back I have about 75 boxes of salads all ready to expire on the same date June 12 or 13.
Why is the large 16 oz Organic Girl salad $7.99 that is 2 dollars more than the old ones.

Ok I flecked them in on Sunday but the FDC keeps on sending them about 4 to 6 boxes of each dcpi and there are about 20 different types of salads. So in the back I have about 75 boxes of salads all ready to expire on the same date June 12 or 13.
Why is the large 16 oz Organic Girl salad $7.99 that is 2 dollars more than the old ones.
75 boxes! Good lord! You better prep that Qmos bin/bins and just start dumping now or call up your donation center to see if they may want some. Why wait when it is that excessive.

Can someone tell me guidelines about bakery product? ETL found 99 cent Market Pantry apple pies in freezer. Back stocked 9/17 (that's what the white label said on the box that they print when they back stock). How do I know if they're still safe and when to date them out until for the best by date?

Can someone tell me guidelines about bakery product? ETL found 99 cent Market Pantry apple pies in freezer. Back stocked 9/17 (that's what the white label said on the box that they print when they back stock). How do I know if they're still safe and when to date them out until for the best by date?
Usually there's a best by date sticker on the box for how long they have while frozen.

As far as how long they get, ask someone in Bakery. At the very least they should have a print out that lists how long everything gets after thawed. Worst case scenario, you may have to track it down on the computer.

If it is not much just Qmos it out. Don't take the chance but also don't waste the time on figuring out whether they are good or not as you have other things to do. In Consumables we have enough scenarios where "a nickel is holding up a dollar"

Last edited:
If the date of when they go out of date being frozen is still good you could put them in an endcap and sell them for 4th of July. Let's you try to sell them for longer than 5 days. That's how long the shelf life is after being thawed. I did that with the pecan and apple pies that we had a ton of around thanksgiving and christmas.

Fuck the new salad transition. Friday we get shipped a fuck ton of fresh express salads and Sunday we get a ton of the new Dole and Organic Girl salads.
So I tossed all the old fresh express salads bye bye donations will love me. Flexed the new salads out

Still have over 600 1 lb and 150 2lb strawberries
They are on sale for $1.99 and $3.98.
Those fucking Dole salads and Organic Girl kept coming in that I had to keep them in the dairy cooler and as soon as I did the POG, 3 days later I had QMOSed them and several donation carts. Shows me Target doesn't care. I even flexed them out before the POG got set but it didn't help. Those Dole salads look like they belong in a 7Eleven.

Reading this made my day! But regarding how messed up the order is; I also don't know what's going on but I'm getting so much shit about it from my ETL bc she doesn't like how inconsistent it is with the order. I don't care either way because we sell through that faster than anything else. Anybody here not getting any cuties/clementines? I haven't seen any in weeks
I think they are transitioning to getting them from the Southern Hemisphere. I read on the Produce Weekly Market report on Workbench.

Gotta cut that price! Local Meijer had strawberries @ $0.98 for 1 lb the last 2 weeks. Saw today they’re 4/$5
Gotta love Meijer! Target needs to stay competitive if it wants to stay in the grocery business. Then the LOD gets mad when I drop the price to get competitive with the 3 local grocery stores in the area. Fuck them! I run my own show because I work my own area and I know how to drive sales!

If it is not much just Qmos it out. Don't take the chance but also don't waste the time on figuring out whether they are good or not as you have other things to do. In Consumables we have enough scenarios where "a nickel is holding up a dollar"
Put them in the break room! I want some!

The markup on that is bizzare! The farmer got zilch. That's why I TPCd it to 4.99

A question for those who are still PA... does it say on your paycheck that you are one? I haven't really been taking my pay stub so I don't know.

I tpc probably about 40 percent of things we store order every week!!

Gotta love Meijer! Target needs to stay competitive if it wants to stay in the grocery business. Then the LOD gets mad when I drop the price to get competitive with the 3 local grocery stores in the area. Fuck them! I run my own show because I work my own area and I know how to drive sales!

Those fucking Dole salads and Organic Girl kept coming in that I had to keep them in the dairy cooler and as soon as I did the POG, 3 days later I had QMOSed them and several donation carts. Shows me Target doesn't care. I even flexed them out before the POG got set but it didn't help. Those Dole salads look like they belong in a 7Eleven.
Dole chopped salads, even pass the date:)

They schedule me as Consumables, but I do the PA routines every day and everyone refers to my position as PA. So far, nothing has really changed on that front.

Same here. I think I have one pallet of freezer and two of dairy. We got hit with some C&S screwup though last last Saturday and got a 1200 piece food truck vs the usual 600-800. Didn’t have enough people on the schedule to finish that, let alone the GM truck...

Back