Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Is anyone’s weekends suck in food. We just don’t have enough team members for the amount of push.

We currrntly have 3 pallets sitting in the freezer not touched.

I've walked in every single day this week and last week at 1pm to close and the team was still working freight. What's worst is they're cutting hours back there and asking people to go home early... ugh. No idea why we're struggling so much, but we have been getting huge loads recently. 10 palettes to work out between 4 people, with one person usually back stocking in the coolers or freezers, makes for only three people to be working out a load and it just takes forever to get done.

On a different topic, what does everyone do for breaking down milk? I wish there was an easier way and I'm trying to look for new ideas... currently I'm one of the only people that can break down milk because A.) Everyone else is old and frail, B.) The younger girls don't want to and never work late enough to actually have to break down milk, and C.) It's really just me and one other guy, maybe a third guy, that can do it.

Our current process is milk guy arrives 6-7 hours late than the posted schedule time every Monday, attempts to place milk palettes according to how they are placed in our planogram, and then I go in and manually take each and every row of milk crates off the palette using a shiny, short hook, almost like Captain Hook's hook.

It's physically taxing, and takes about two hours every time, usually Mondays and Wednesdays take about an hour or more depending on how many palettes we get, never usually more than 5. Fridays we get anywhere from 6-10 palettes.

I wish we could just place palettes down according to how they are placed, and we just take crates off as we need to fill. I feel it'd relieve a lot of space in our coolers, but I haven't quite figured out a way to present the idea to an ETL, especially knowing that is probably not a viable option.

Just looking to hear how other stores do it. How do you all break down milk?

It sure sucks when I'm stuck being the only TM pushing produce and never enough members scheduled on the weekends or they schedule the worst of the crew who drag thru their 5.5 hour shift and refuse to stick around to finish. Fun being Captain/TL sub while at the same time juggling PA tasks and 3 bins full of Qmos plus 3 carts of those new salads Qmos

It sure sucks when I'm stuck being the only TM pushing produce and never enough members scheduled on the weekends or they schedule the worst of the crew who drag thru their 5.5 hour shift and refuse to stick around to finish. Fun being Captain/TL sub while at the same time juggling PA tasks and 3 bins full of Qmos plus 3 carts of those new salads Qmos

Expect more, pay less

Is anyone’s weekends suck in food. We just don’t have enough team members for the amount of push.

We currrntly have 3 pallets sitting in the freezer not touched.
Yup, it's basically a nightmare every weekend. The number of untouched C&S pallets leftover by the time the Sunday shipment arrives still continues to shock me, even though it happens every week. When I first started working in Market, this basically never happened. C&S pallets would get pushed within 24 hours, and maybe once a month there would be one pallet left over (but almost never leftover from Thursday and still sitting back there when it arrived again on Sunday!).

Does anyone know if we are still doing pfresh inventory and Starbucks inventory?? I’m scheduled to do it july 23. It’s not on the schedule in workbench and the application doesn’t have any new dates.

Where can I find out if it’s still a thing or not ?

I think there was a company wide email a couple months back that said the last TINV was going to be the last and that there'd be a new process. I might've read it wrong though.

I think there was a company wide email a couple months back that said the last TINV was going to be the last and that there'd be a new process. I might've read it wrong though.
Thanks and I don’t get emails

No word on TINV at my store but I figured out we're not doing it anymore. Yes!! Going Overnite was a pain in the ass.

Weird ass question, but did anyone get teavana with the beverage transition and know which vendor it is supposed to be brought in by?

Anyone’s freezers get reset last week?
We got our ice cream reset that was it the other 3 aisles were suppose to be. but just haven’t had time to do them. So we have 4 freezer pallets of new products 007 just sitting in the freezer taking up too much room. Along with all that market pantry chicken they sent us a month ago.

Also my yogurt aisle is mpg so that reset probably will be for August.

Anyone’s freezers get reset last week?
We got our ice cream reset that was it the other 3 aisles were suppose to be. but just haven’t had time to do them. So we have 4 freezer pallets of new products 007 just sitting in the freezer taking up too much room. Along with all that market pantry chicken they sent us a month ago.

Also my yogurt aisle is mpg so that reset probably will be for August.
We flexed all of our transition as we got it in. Plano finished reseting all of freezer by last Thursday and helped push the new product we put on uboats that day since they didn’t have to pull much.

Presh Store-

How do you keep track of what you have vs on the floor so you don't over or under order?

Never order too many salads. Mostly only order 1 of everything. When the new one comes in swap it out for the one on the sales floor as to have it fresh for the guest. The salads expire too fast most in 5 days.

Keep your produce cooler light until the FDC sends you shit you didn’t order like 18 boxes of cantaloupe and 25 boxes of cuties and that’s just this week.
TPC stuff like this, cantaloupe are $1.50 and cuties are $1.99.

You should always get everything pushed and walk your cooler before you complete your order. Always order from the order guide so you can see next week’s sale items and previous order quantities.

Our produce never looks full and stuff expires all the time. No one likes to order because lack of space in the cooler.

If your floor is empty then space in the cooler doesn’t matter. If you’re flipping all of your produce between deliveries, you’re missing out on sales because you’re running out. If you’re still looking light after produce has been all pushed, you’re not ordering enough either. Shrink matters a lot less when you’re making money. Better to have too much than too little. Get your racks on wheels and push them throughout the day.

Back