Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

i think the market department is the most crucial department of target and we should get the privilege over every other dept. yet we do not get enough team members. they put me in charge at noon running both pfresh and dry cafs and gobacks while restocking the U. The market brings in customers everyday, these same customers. do you see people coming to target everyday to buy furnitures, TV's or even make-up ? Market is the major enticer of customers. We can do whatever sales floor TM's do, but once you ask a sales floor help find unlocated produce or meat, they back away.

Are you following the new assignment sheet. Wtf.
We all get an assignment sheet to follow every day

Oh and on the top “to help all families discover the joy of everyday life”

I kid you not

I covered my name and date and my duties but here is the top

EBAABD10-25_F2-4863-_B2_C1-251_AE2_A4_FA7_B.jpg

Last edited:
Any Deli TL/Leads here know if you can still order labels for the chocolate puddings? If so is it via Sap or on a order guide? Either one, what is the dcpi or SAp number /name?

Did anyone get Unicorn magic Icee flavor? What do am I supposed to do with the cups? I couldn't find anything on WB

Just started using the coupons for this quarter that came in last week. We only got for meat 1, 3, 5 dollar off and produce 50 cents, 1 and 2 dollar off.

NO 2 or 4 dollar off meat. And NO coupons for bakery ?????

Just started using the coupons for this quarter that came in last week. We only got for meat 1, 3, 5 dollar off and produce 50 cents, 1 and 2 dollar off.

Good luck ordering them in SAP. 2 weeks later still haven't gotten them

The meat coupon change was detailed in the merchandise update (as well as the weekly email from our FBD). It's weird that you didn't get any bakery coupons though. I'm not sure about shipments to pfreshs. We all got the same number of rolls in a box (this is also the first time they sent us 2 boxes so not sure if it was on purpose or accident) just with more 1 3 5s going to meat instead of 2 and 4.

Just making a general comment about these coupons.
They don't seem to have any validation method, which is odd. I've accidentally scanned these twice at the register, and corrected the error, but even though they only had one package of meat, the register took the value amount of the coupon off the order as many times as I scanned it. :p

Had the modernization training this week. Optimistic, but gotta rework the market schedule. Even though our pfresh got clean and zoned every day with things the way I scheduled them.

Sigh.....

At least it lets me lead my team now. I was really tired of being the TM/L 90%/10% on my shifts.

Had the modernization training this week. Optimistic, but gotta rework the market schedule. Even though our pfresh got clean and zoned every day with things the way I scheduled them.

Sigh.....

At least it lets me lead my team now. I was really tired of being the TM/L 90%/10% on my shifts.
Just out of curiosity what was talked about? How long was it? Did each of the TLs go over each others process in a group? I still need to do mine

2 days, 8 hours each at another store. Had like 25 team leads both market and starbucks. Had 3 leads from the area super too.

It was presented pretty well. Discussed the new assignment sheets, the 15 key expectations we have to know, how to walk them.....

Had some time on the floor showing it to us too. Feels like a lot, but just remember those 15 things. Those are what's going to be walked with etl and above.

Oh, and yeah. All the tls got to discuss things on groups. Got some nice info on how other stores do it.

And to be honest... I think I can performance out easier with this new system. It's been hit and miss on that. I Wink.

Last edited:
Fun Sunday at spot no power going on 2 hours. Still open and guest shopping in the dark. Only have emergency lights and cash registers working.
FF00305_D-7_D16-403_F-9803-1_E0_ED235_AA98.jpg

61_A9_C64_D-659_D-4_FF3-_A446-9_F9_BB59_E748_E.jpg
I learned long ago where the switch to shut down the registers server was. Its in our backroom. No registers, no sales, no sales bye everyone. My store didnt have backup lights either. Learned that during Harvey. We do however have a backup generator for our freezer when they built it thanks to Ike

2 days, 8 hours each at another store. Had like 25 team leads both market and starbucks. Had 3 leads from the area super too.

It was presented pretty well. Discussed the new assignment sheets, the 15 key expectations we have to know, how to walk them.....

Had some time on the floor showing it to us too. Feels like a lot, but just remember those 15 things. Those are what's going to be walked with etl and above.

Oh, and yeah. All the tls got to discuss things on groups. Got some nice info on how other stores do it.

And to be honest... I think I can performance out easier with this new system. It's been hit and miss on that. I Wink.
By "Performancing out" you meaning getting possibly fired....

Having started this thread, years ago, I felt it best to say it in Market, I have been offered a job by my former HR ETL as well as another former HR TM a job, at a brand new DC (9 miles of conveyor, ffs, its intimidating.) For you all who work hard, and feel like it isn't worth it, remember that, that hard work can translate to other companies, even with the people you work with, daily. I was a PA, then Signing TM, at Target, now more then likely a Quality Assurance associate, at a competitors DC of 1,000 people (brand new opened less than a year ago). It feels great to see my hard work didn't mean shit after all.

Last edited:
Back