Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Anyone else get a crap ton of apple cider ???
We received 35 boxes of the half gallon apple cider.
So that’s a total of 315 half gallons. I got 20 boxes out on the Salesfloor.

Oh and as for the pumpkins we received 5 pallets on Sunday, 2 pallets on Wednesday and 2 more pallets coming Saturday. We are selling tons of pumpkins 🎃 pumpkins 🎃
I got so much apple cider that I have left it out of the cooler as there will be no space, no vehicles. Not as much as you but I'm sure it will come.

Ok it’s officially thanksgiving season.

Turkeys arrived Thursday October 18 2018.

We received 1 full pallet plus about 10 other boxes mixed in with the other 3 pallets of freezer. I set the bunker got 8 boxes of MP turkey breast out and 3 boxes of big MP turkeys.

Next five weeks is going to be pure hell for market

Keep posting your stories here.
This year, I plan on not dealing with the whole reweighing the turkeys crap. I will leave that for another TM to handle. Like, whoever does freezer.

We just got our turkey truck. We're in remodel and our freezer isn't in commission so we have a freezer trailer. Well... we have no more room in the freezer to backstock, so there's maybe 8 u-boats of full case backstock that still needs to be backstocked... so... we've moved those vehicles into our turkey truck for room, while we purge the freezer trailer. OH WAIT!!!! They sent us a shit ton of brand new 50 count pizza roll cases! BUT THERE'S MORE; They sent us even MORE cases of a brand new archer farm pizzas. So, now we have to deal with all of that and it's not tied to any locations at all and it's not like we have time to do any of that but now we gotta find time.

Bakery, Deli, Produce, and Freezer Remodel has been the worst part of our remodel experience thus far. Our turkey trailer is now a secondary backstock trailer lol. Our freezer remodel has been probably the worst part of it all. It's been hell. Bakery had to use the trailer too but their freezer is never so filled and they never have backstock, so it didn't really mean that much. Their pulls are never above 10 DPCI. We get bakery product in our FDC pallets and we ship two full u-boats over to them and they will only have a few boxes of backstock, maybe six. But with the main freezer down... it's been hell.

/endrant

I always forget this topic exists, I need to be more active in here to learn more and talk. Anyone else get their turkey yet? Had a backroom TM asking me if we had two trucks now and I said "Well, no... it's a turkey trailer, but we're using it." and she mouths "What the fuck?" because there's been barely any room in our stockroom.
I wish I had a turkey trailer for backstock. Not that it's that crowded in my freezer but over the next month or so it will be hell in market. So a freezer trailer for backstock would be good.

So we got another 6 pallets of pumpkins on Saturday.

That makes
Sunday 21st = 5 pallets
Wednesday 24th = 2 pallets
Saturday 27th = 6 pallets.

13 pallets X 35 = 455 pumpkins in one week all sold.

We have about 20 pumpkins left less than 1 pallet.

This year we sold around 25 pallets of pumpkins.

I’m sick of the orange pumpkins 🎃 pumpkins 🎃

Last edited:
So we got another 6 pallets of pumpkins on Saturday.

That makes
Sunday 21st = 5 pallets
Wednesday 24th = 2 pallets
Saturday 27th = 6 pallets.

13 pallets X 35 = 455 pumpkins in one week all sold.

We have about 20 pumpkins left less than 1 pallet.

This year we sold around 25 pallets of pumpkins.

I’m sick of the orange pumpkins 🎃 pumpkins 🎃
Be thankful they are not ghost pumpkins. Imagine qmosing that crap, crap that does not move worth a diddle.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Pfresh orders since Mywork 2.0 ????

today we received 197 pieces for produce and we only ordered about 78 pieces... for Friday it says 192 pieces are coming when only ordered 110.
whats up with all this extra produce being pushed to my store.

and Halloween is over stop sending that Affy Tapple caramel apples ... they DO NOT SELL !!!!

Why are they retiring the UPC maintenance application. I want to link a bar code with a DPCI.

Anyone have any ideas except a my support.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Pfresh orders since Mywork 2.0 ????

today we received 197 pieces for produce and we only ordered about 78 pieces... for Friday it says 192 pieces are coming when only ordered 110.
whats up with all this extra produce being pushed to my store.

Supposedly, this is fixed. We saw similar order hikes in both produce and deli.. The last of the salad stuff should finally QMOS today :rolleyes:. I'm just glad I got my first turkey order before the app migration. If 12 pallets of turkeys showed up, I would be a sad panda.

Anyone have advice for Turkey's? I'm worried I won't have enough Turkeys and next week is my last week to make sure I'm good for Thanksgiving.

Most turkeys are pre-brined. Brine em any more and you’ll have an inedible mess. Most meat is mildly brined. Adds weight and weight means money.

Who is buying a "pre-brined" turkey if they want to brine their own? You buy a roasted chicken, and then take it home and roast it again?

Pre brined may be a bad description. But most meat is soaked in a water salt solution that boosts weight. It does effect flavor.

Don't use turkeys that are injected with crap to start with, they don't taste like much of anything anyway.
Free range is good if you can afford it.
Brining takes up space but makes a tasty, juicy bird.
When Thanksgiving fell on Hanukkah a while back I did a Maneschewitz Brine that was amazing.
How To Make Maneschewitz-Brined Roast Turkey For Thanksgivukkah - https://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/manischewitz-turkey
Best turkey ever.

I was so excited for this recipe, I clicked despite being from buzzfeed. I hope my pan can be used on the stove for the sauce. This year I'm shoving butter under the skin! Roughly gonna use this recipe...

On a more serious note, you should get a push of turkeys. Over order so you have enough through thanksgiving. They’ll probably still sell after thanksgiving for a few days at whatever price they’re marked down to. Afterwards, mark them down a bit further to clear them out. Make sure you have plenty of 20-24’s, then probably half as much of each size, decending. Email your grocery director to see if they’re alright with you selling them in a refrigerated case to shorten the customer’s thaw time.

Better to have too many than too little. We sell at or below cost, but they generate more sales through add on items.

Just keep ordering them Use Audit app and research the numbers down “they are by pounds”. But go way below what you really have on hand. Or defect out a lot.

We are low on butterball medium and lsrge but today it said on the way around 440 for large which is 24 boxes and about 360 for medium about 20 boxes.

So I’m guessing that we will keep getting more turkeys in. and fresh turkeys are coming around the 17th 18 th.

Anyone who works in market, is your store becoming completely obsessed with zoning for several hours and making things look full by putting stuff in the wrong spot all while you are sitting on 8 pallets of food truck that hasn't been stocked?

Back