Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Same here! I would even take the 6am shifts over the 7am crap if I'm not able to go back to the 5am shifts. I feel drained more than ever. Getting out in the middle of rush hour traffic. I get home and hardly have any time in between and it's like only a few hours and then bedtime. Or I stay up and get like 5 hours of sleep.

So annoying pushing with guests in the way. And it's like 9am and I'm still going through stuff on the floor. Now I'm trying to enjoy these couple of weeks with the store opening at 7am, so I have 6am shifts.

Not a Grocery TL as of a couple months ago but I can tell you it's definitely HQ direction.

Tips for cleaning cooler floors? Mine look dirty after mopping. Plus milk stains.
I always did it first thing into my closing shift, dump very hot soapy water and let sit for at least 20 minutes and use the tough britsle scubber to get some milk off, let water sit and repeat. Then mop up at the very end. Total Time scrubbing was about 20 minutes but all the water I’d let soak for an hour or so and do other tasks in the meantime.

So no FDC truck on Sunday due to the snow coming great.

Well not so great cause Saturday they are sending us 1670 pieces. About 950 fresh , 200 produce, 520 frozen. And it is only arriving at 11:30 am.

Glad I’m off this weekend.

So I’m guessing load in coolers do some produce on Saturday. Then do about half of dairy Sunday and the other half Monday and then Tuesday frozen.
What about mondays truck guess do that Tuesday and then do Tuesdays on Wednesday and so on and so on till we never catch up.

Last edited:
So I’m guessing load in coolers do some produce on Saturday. Then do about half of dairy Sunday and the other half Monday and then Tuesday frozen.
What about mondays truck guess do that Tuesday and then do Tuesdays on Wednesday and so on and so on till we never catch up.

In our area, some teams get their frozen on XYZ days and then others get theirs on ABC days. We get frozen on three days per week.

When ours was canceled last Wednesday (which they never informed any of our local stores about, someone from one of the stores ended up calling the FDC and then passing the message down), we got the same load the next day, along with our regular Thursday delivery. I happened to get scheduled on Thursday and that was (not) a lot of fun.

I'm about to lead a super target remodel... There is a lot in deli and bakery and produce... The team is having a lot of questions and I don't have answers... Please help!!! Number one question is we have to shut down bakery and deli for about 3 weeks... It says in the guide to bake and freeze all that bread we will need for that time...and defrost as needed... If we do that that's like 700 breads ... Is that correct?

I'm about to lead a super target remodel... There is a lot in deli and bakery and produce... The team is having a lot of questions and I don't have answers... Please help!!! Number one question is we have to shut down bakery and deli for about 3 weeks... It says in the guide to bake and freeze all that bread we will need for that time...and defrost as needed... If we do that that's like 700 breads ... Is that correct?
When we shut down, they just sent us prepackaged pfresh product to substitute for the stuff we bake in store, so I don't really have a good answer for you. That sounds like a good number, but it's better to set aside too much if it's going in the freezer, since it can still be sold after the bakery opens back up. Assuming you have enough freezer space for it. Are they having bakery freeze muffins and pastries, too?
As a deli TM who's dealt with a remodel, I highly recommend that you have the deli TMs start slicing extra, right now, of the meats and cheeses that will expire during and right after the remodel. Have them put it in the cold case right beside the counter so there's a chance to sell it rather than having to toss a ton of whole hunks of meat and cheese. I suspect we lost at least a thousand dollars worth of meat and cheese because we started doing this too late. Didn't help that the remodel took longer than it should have. Donating it might be a possibility, too.
Edit: Another idea that came too late for us was to set up a slicer in the meat department's weigh room to slice and package deli meats and cheeses for the temporary fridges.

What type of ppe am I supposed to provide to TMS for the freezer?

We have jackets- yuck
We have bibs that no one uses

What type of ppe am I supposed to provide to TMS for the freezer?

We have jackets- yuck
We have bibs that no one uses
I bought quite a bit for my TMs. Also, wash the jackets regularly.

Bought everyone individual beanies and ski mask things and a few pairs of the thin black gloves. We also had 5 or so pairs of the wool mittens that have the fold over finger cover things. I had one TM that owned the freezer, so I bought him thermal underwear.

We had those jumpsuits too but they were too short or too small and too much of a hassle for the people that did fit to put on.

Bought everyone individual beanies and ski mask things and a few pairs of the thin black gloves. We also had 5 or so pairs of the wool mittens that have the fold over finger cover things. I had one TM that owned the freezer, so I bought him thermal underwear.

We had those jumpsuits too but they were too short or too small and too much of a hassle for the people that did fit to put on.

Geez. If he's that good at owning freezer, yeah, thermal underwear is a good investment.

That's what a real market TL should be like! ☺

Anyone ever forget to order milk? The number I have to call is completely helpless.
I haven't, honestly wasn't even sure if we still ordered milk. The big thing here is not forgetting the egg order. I assume it's probably the same, if you forget just do it and expect a larger than normal shipment the next time one comes.

I order milk twice a week. If I forget, the dairy usually calls. Don’t have to order eggs, it’s all automated. Didn’t know that was a thing.

That's what a real market TL should be like! ☺
My TL also did this--we even have our very own plastic shoebox things with our very own balaclava, tech-friendly gloves, pen and marker in them so we don't have to share. I asked her if I could bring in my red coat so I didn't have to share coats (that makes me squicky) and she said that was fine.

My TL also did this--we even have our very own plastic shoebox things with our very own balaclava, tech-friendly gloves, pen and marker in them so we don't have to share. I asked her if I could bring in my red coat so I didn't have to share coats (that makes me squicky) and she said that was fine.
You wouldn’t think a jacket would be gross when it’s only worn in a -10 freezer, but those things can stink after a couple weeks. I’d take them home and wash them monthly.

ok dropping this here ... (wish we had music , NOT)

turn up the volume bottom right

Back