Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I wish PA was still a position though. It felt so nice to promote TM who I thought were great and pay them more :/. Now I can only try to make them happy when the next base pay comes up

She’s our produce owner and the other I don’t have a spot for him as a DBO. So he jumps around depending where he need him as a “floater” and he owns SPLS for when they come up. They’re my support for running coolers and dry market.

our freezer only locates thru green rack sections, the wacos are still there but they dont have locations anymore. they are meant for loose single or 2 items. much faster to scan in and out of that freezing cold room. we also do not locate date-able products (bakery, meat).

We locate everything except fresh meat, produce and bakery. Although I might make us start with bakery. We barely got any bake in and now I’ve been auditing and every truck at least a pallet of bake. At least we sell a lot but Jesus. I think I have about 3 pallets worth in the back

We locate everything except fresh meat, produce and bakery. Although I might make us start with bakery. We barely got any bake in and now I’ve been auditing and every truck at least a pallet of bake. At least we sell a lot but Jesus. I think I have about 3 pallets worth in the back
Bakery has to be either audited or defected out ior that item will not come in example 1 on hand of pretzel buns and you really have none than you will not receive any until you audit to zero or defect it out.
I find it a lot easier to push 2 metros of bakery unlocated every day. rather than sto it then pull it and put on metro mixed with rest of freezer pull.

Also get your Halloween bakery out and in seasonal. Christmas cookies are coming in already

I highly recommend you keep Bakery unlocated and put it on movable racks. Even with little auditing I still get a ton of Bake in that I can mix up the set a bit. It is not always the same set every week and I rarely go by location markers. The only constant is Hawaiian Bread. It minimizes waste and allows all Bake products some movement out on the salesfloor. If you locate and audit you will get all the crap that does not sell but which you only qmos on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Normal expectation for man-caf pulls is 100 items per hour. I can usually manage this.

Today ETL-OPS decided it needed to be 100 items in 20 minutes.

You can't change the rules when the rules for yesterday--when no one did any pulls--were different.

This is stupid. And then they wonder why I nearly went around the bend last week?

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean my ‘items,’ 100 items in 20 minutes sounds right to me. For example if the OFO is 120 items for 196 eaches.

anyone know if we have this cereal yet ?????

19.99 with free shipping.

This was 288 items and 1000+ eaches expected to be pulled, worked and backstocked in 45 minutes...
WTF! That better be a lot of cases for DPCIs to push from. If that 288 are majority wacos, a big hell no on that timeline. If it is majority cases lord help you that everything goes out

Last edited:
anyone know if we have this cereal yet ?????

Am I the only one who was trying to figure out how the sweetened cereals would taste together for most of the article?

WTF! That better be a lot of cases for DPCIs to push from. If that 288 are majority wacos, a big hell no on that timeline. If it is majority cases lord help you that everything goes out
We were getting a lot of backstock, too. We are changing on-floor counts as we go when that happens. We also have a bunch of tied-but-not-set sales plans that are affecting the size of the pulls as well. Our ETL-LOG has a tendency to change the expectations as she sees fit for the day, and it isn't always a better choice.

We were getting a lot of backstock, too. We are changing on-floor counts as we go when that happens. We also have a bunch of tied-but-not-set sales plans that are affecting the size of the pulls as well. Our ETL-LOG has a tendency to change the expectations as she sees fit for the day, and it isn't always a better choice.

Why do you have tied but not set salesplanners? If you're never going to set them, you can untie them the next day.

It sounds like these are large changes, too many to do in one day, and they can't change the physical area and put out the new items until a particular date two or three weeks out. So self survival, they are giving the items a location early, so when the day comes to actually change the shelves they can do it in the allotted time since the computer work is mostly done.

Question is, since now it's manual pulls, why are people pulling items for items that have a set date of two or three weeks out? If people are in the same area consistantly and know that area, why aren't they saying "I know that box, it wasn't to be on the floor yet, I'll check the set date for all items before pulling." After a few days folks won't even need to check, they'll remember a lot of items set date and know time can be saved by bypassing them.

Back